What's new

Paypal Question.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I got locked out of my Paypal account the other day. It was frustrating that, without a cell phone, I was dead in the water and had to Google the customer service number because you cant even access the "Contact Us" on the website without a log in. How can you log in to get that information if you're locked out? LOL

Anyway, I called, waited about 10 minutes and finally a younger guy from Arizona came on, I'm in Canada by the way and called the 888 US/Canada number. I told him my issue and for 20 minutes, he tried every option he had available to him. I installed a program for a desktop phone number and he got that number entered into their system but then the log in requirements changed when I tried the site. Eventually, we got my home landline number in and I clicked the 'Request a phone call' button and had a call in seconds. I entered the 4 digit code I was sent in email through my phone and I was back in.

I had a great experience with their customer service and he did everything he could to make things right and managed to get me going again. I've had the same Paypal account 20 years now and this was the second time I've been locked out. I asked him if he could see why, are there any flags on my account, and he said no, nothing he could see. The email said "Suspicious Activity" but he found nothing that stood out on his end and I didnt on my end.

I have had less than great experiences with PayPal; I do not like using them. That is my prerogative. Other individuals think PayPal is the finest thing ever. That too is their opinion (which is totally valid).
I believe PayPal is biased toward the buyer in transaction disputes. I did not appreciate the threat of using a collection agency (which PayPal ownes/operates) when I did not want to issue a refund to someone who seemed to have a bad case of buyers remorse even though the item was “EXACTLY” as described, with pictures, at the time of sale (item was a 6/8 Wade & Butcher straight that the buyer did not realize was “that old”!!
Ironically it was purchased on this forum.
One would think a member here would realize a W&B razor would have a vintage personality…but anyhow🤷‍♂️. I’ll pass on using PayPal if at all humanly possible.

I believe PayPal is biased toward the buyer in transaction disputes. I did not appreciate the threat of using a collection agency (which PayPal ownes/operates) when I did not want to issue a refund to someone who seemed to have a bad case of buyers remorse even though the item was “EXACTLY” as described, with pictures, at the time of sale (item was a 6/8 Wade & Butcher straight that the buyer did not realize was “that old”!!
That is insane, did not know that had their own collection agency.

Well after less than 2 months of getting my account back after threating to close it they pull the same stunt on me again. My joke early on about someone watching too much Ozark was apparently true as they think I'm money laundering by selling razors and blades, what a joke....

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom