What's new

Paying It Forward -- Canadian Style

This is my way to say thanks to the community for all the advice and help.

Because of customs and ridiculous cross-border shipping costs, I am only making this offer for newbies inside Canada.

What you get:

• Some vintage Gillette, cleaned and sanitized (haven't decided yet which of my beauties I can bear to be without, but it will be a gentle one for the newbie face)
  • Three each of Merkurs, IPs, Derbys
  • Samples of JM Fraser's, Mama Bear Attar of Roses creams

No brush, you will have to find a place where they sell a Proraso boar brush or get a starter badger brush elsewhere.

RULES

1. Less than or equal to 50 posts
  2. Description/explanation of why you want this kit
  3. Live in Canada
  4. Agree to pay it forward yourself to a future new DE shaver

I will look at the PMs and decide on Monday night. So first in doesn't mean you will get this. I am giving high points to description/explanation!! :biggrin:

I will ship as soon as possible after Monday, but it might not be until the following Saturday, just so we're all clear on that.

Two fine candidates so far. I was beginning to think there were no Canadian newbs on this board! :biggrin:

All right, gents, nominations are now closed.

I have a bit of judging of entries to do, so I will announce the winner later tonight or tomorrow some time. (Have to go out this evening.) Then I will be following up by PM to get info, etc.

Friends, Madman Smedley has gone CRAZY! :crazy:

Only two applicants, only two stories, and what does Madman Smedley do?

The first offer is to mackal, the "Saint of Sanitation", a Gillette Slim Adjustable and the blades and cream samples.

The second offer is to rafikz, the "Newb of I Have A Mach III And I Must Scream", for a Tech and 10 Merkurs.

Crazy? Nuts? You bet! :crazy:

Gents, you both have PMs. Even if you don't take the offers, thanks for participating.

Everyone else, thanks for reading. And who knows what will happen next at Madman Smedley's??

How gallant of you, David. :thumbup: Us canuks always get the short end of things on here because of shipping. Stupid "CONUSA" I say we start a "CONCAN" resistance force!!!

Very generous Dave, well done you. I hope the two recipients enjoy the bliss of DE!
It would be interesting to find out how many Canadians are in B&B. ( don't suppose I really count as a Canadian yet as I am landed imigrant status not Citizen..Only three years to go:biggrin:

Very generous Dave, well done you. I hope the two recipients enjoy the bliss of DE!
It would be interesting to find out how many Canadians are in B&B. ( don't suppose I really count as a Canadian yet as I am landed imigrant status not Citizen..Only three years to go:biggrin:

Congrats ! I'm gonna get my permanent residency this summer.

How long have you been in Canada ? You might not have to wait less than 3 years for the citizenship.

Congrats ! I'm gonna get my permanent residency this summer.

How long have you been in Canada ? You might not have to wait less than 3 years for the citizenship.

Congrats to you to! well done of permenant residency!

I have been here just under two years so I think I have another three to go or thereabouts, can't wait! It's the best move I ever made!

Congrats to you to! well done of permenant residency!

I have been here just under two years so I think I have another three to go or thereabouts, can't wait! It's the best move I ever made!

Tks, but it's not done yet !:biggrin:

I think that if u have been in Canada for 2 years, you don't have to wait 3 more years for the citizenship ; maybe 1 or 2. But I'm not sure

Drat, I wasn't subscribed to this thread, totally missed all the announcements here! :mad2: (but got PM from Smedley)

What a day! Met with David(a.k.a. Smedley) today and received the bounty. The Gilette Slim Adjustable looks awesome, if threatening... :biggrin: Many, many thanks David!

Also earlier today I noticed tourbillon1500 on eBay.ca, who was selling the Merkur 38C that I very much wanted to cut my shaving teeth on first (to maximize likelihood of success/minimize blood loss). One trip to Brampton later, and now I am fully armed (and dangerous). So, David, looks like I'll be trying the Slim sooner than expected, assuming acceptable blood loss levels with the Merkur... Many thanks again.

All right gents, tomorrow is going to be the big day (i.e., first DE shave), wish me luck. :behead:

Nearly done, mackal has supplies in hand, and I am just heading off to the post office to send rafikz his goodies.

mackal, to quote what someone on this forum said about the Fat Boy, "It looks like a brute, but it's one of the gentlest shavers I own." The Slim is a real gentle shaver, especially if you keep at 3 or below for your first shaves with it.

It's been fun! So much fun, I might do it again some time! :tongue_sm

Top Bottom