What's new

Pay-off for more expensive razors?

I was in the same exact place the OP is not so long ago. I was content with my RazoRock Lupo. I thought...nothing else can possibly give me a better shave. I had tried several expensive, $200+, razors...the Lupo bettered them. What could possibly give me a better, more comfortable shave than this razor? Well...there was one place I hadn't ventured...Wolfman. And...it did not disappoint. Yup, that's right...the WR2 felt just like my Lupo, but the shave was closer. It was closer and I didn't think it was possible...but it proved me wrong. I haven't written my Lupo off because it's so good...but I found a razor that was better.

And now...I think I'm done looking.
which lupo plate did you find you liked the most and did you try other wolfman up or down of that 1.15 ?
sure I will be there soon kinda working my way to try one of those

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
WR2 SS SB 1.15.

Very nice razor, the 1.15.

WR2 Razors.Caps.1.15 and 1.35.640.10-22-21.JPG

I have and like the 1.15 and the 1.35.

Sometimes I think I'd also like and should have the 0.95 and the 1.55. As far as I can tell from reading 765,562 posts on which Wolfman to buy, and from my own experience, they're all good.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Everyone is different. The average person is a statistic, not an actual thing -- (either that, or the average person possesses a bit less than one testi).

I'd bet on the razor made for a mass market (of average shavers) rather than a niche one. The niche ones concede this in their inspiration/design modeled on what has come before. Everything can shave however much comfort varies for a specific person/razor combo due to design choices and preferences.

Take a titanium wolfman 1.55 v a vintage at a 40:1 (?) price difference: I'd take 2:1 and bet the gillette on performance confident the other person was eating the chalk.

I know which one I want, but my expectation is that while both will provide a good shave, the more comfortable shaver of the two is around a coinflip (1:1).

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Very nice razor, the 1.15.

View attachment 1372252

I have and like the 1.15 and the 1.35.

Sometimes I think I'd also like and should have the 0.95 and the 1.55. As far as I can tell from reading 765,562 posts on which Wolfman to buy, and from my own experience, they're all good.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I chose the 1.15 after using someone's 1.25 which I found a tad too aggressive.

I can't say I have seen a modern premium razor which is ascetically pleasing to me. Many seem to have a 'brutalist' rather clumsy look. That's just me. I prefer the vintage, more minimalist style, thinner handle and the overall economy of design.

I'm actually more interested in blades than razors at the moment. That's a technical rabbit hole. I would rather just have 4 razors (my ultimate and final will be a Gillette Slim Adjustable next year. No urge for a Gillette 195 oddly) and find the optimum 3-4 blades to use in each one.

The Slim Adjustable will be fun in that regard!

Last edited:
Top Bottom