What's new

Patchouli shave soap recommendation?

patch.jpg

have not used, however.
only used TR's lavender, makes huge lather.

WSP Barbershop it's not just patchouli, several other notes it there, but patchouli is the main note. At least to my nose it is.

Lisa's Natural has a very herbal Patchouli. It's more of a straight up patchouli. I dig it, and the soap is one of my favorites.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

My only hippie scent, which also happens to be my strongest scented soap, is SRD Sweet Patchouli. While I prefer tallow soaps, SRD is probably the best glycerin (melt & pour) I've come across and I have 4 tubs of SRD. My wife can barely smell any of my soaps and aftershaves, but she always knows when I shave with sweet patchouli.

Valobra Patchouli in the hard puck. I've not tried this particular scent before, but Valobra is just pure tallowy goodness. This is the same soap-base used in Czech and Speak and vintage Art of Shaving tallow soaps.

Pure Patchouli - Volobra no doubt. I've never tried the Tabula Rasa. Lisa's Natural has discontinued her sandalwood patchouli :001_unsur

Soap Commander has a lime patchouli that has a lot of patchouli to it.

I would recommend to try Patchouli by GroomingDept whenever it becomes available again. The soap is vegetal but in my experience it outperforms some good tallow based soaps.

Thank you everyone for the recommendations. I ordered some Tabula Rasa and Lisa's Herbal Sandalwood and Patchouli. A sample puck of the Stirling Glastonbury is next. Heck, they way I am going with soaps I'll eventually buy all that you mentioned here :)

Thank you everyone for the recommendations. I ordered some Tabula Rasa and Lisa's Herbal Sandalwood and Patchouli. A sample puck of the Stirling Glastonbury is next. Heck, they way I am going with soaps I'll eventually buy all that you mentioned here :)

+1 for Glastonbury. Not pure Patchouli but plenty of it. Great scent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Glastonbury splash. Its got a long base note of Patchouli, that's for sure. I imagine the soap has as well. It certainly is a time piece. I'm in a muddy field, its 1977, and we're waiting for Fairport Convention to begin their set....

Top Bottom