What's new

Pastrami

Tip, after st patricks day, most markets discount corned beef pretty much in half, so stock up then if your patient.
I do..

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Tried this. Really like it!

Tastey!!!

I was really impressed with how nice the texture of the corned beef came out. It was moist, tender, and flavorful yet held together beautifully no matter how thinly it was sliced. I definitely plan on making foil wrapping and oven roasting my go to method of cooking corn beef, even if I'm not making pastrami. :thumbup1:

Now to play around with some different rubs... :w00t:

IMG_0096.jpeg
IMG_0097.jpeg

Tastey!!!

I was really impressed with how nice the texture of the corned beef came out. It was moist, tender, and flavorful yet held together beautifully no matter how thinly it was sliced. I definitely plan on making foil wrapping and oven roasting my go to method of cooking corn beef, even if I'm not making pastrami. :thumbup1:

View attachment 1059369View attachment 1059370
making this with a deer meat is not only good but a nice thing to take on a quail hunt or a duck blind

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers

Tastey!!!

keep us posted :thumbup:

indeed, I need to make Pastrami again as well. Too bad stsrting from raw beef means this takes a lot of planning. Added to the to-do list anyhow.

br
godek

pastrami freezes well when finished, either cut up or whole, ill probably do 2 at once and vac seal and freeze the excess.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
pastrami freezes well when finished, either cut up or whole, ill probably do 2 at once and vac seal and freeze the excess.

I may do the same thing and see how many I can fit into a five gallon bucket for the brine. It might be slightly excessive, but this stuff is mighty good.

I cant get red pastrami in central florida. So when we go back home I pick up 1lb packages and freeze them ,
I just used the last one from xmas 2018.. Right now I have a space problem, I have 4 slabs of ribs in the freezer and need to do those, and then stock up for the after st patty day sale...

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I cant get red pastrami in central florida. So when we go back home I pick up 1lb packages and freeze them ,
I just used the last one from xmas 2018.. Right now I have a space problem, I have 4 slabs of ribs in the freezer and need to do those, and then stock up for the after st patty day sale...
With all the snow birds, no true purveyor of pastrami followed?

I just looked up red and black pastrami. I had no idea there were two kinds. I would like to do a side by side taste test one of these days.

Top Bottom