What's new

Pasteur's Pharmacy NYC: a walk inside courtesy of Google Street View.

Some folks consider this to be the mecca of bricks & mortar shaving software shopping (and some hardware, too): Pasteur's 34th and Park Avenue location in Gotham courtesy of Google Street view -- including a 360-degree view from inside:

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Paste...=12,202.1,,0,0

Ain't technology grand?

What you can't see is some the gear they sell. Off the top of my head (I've only been in their other location, which is smaller, one time): Simpsons, Omega, Merkur, ATT, etc....

I was in there last year, the aisles are very narrow but who cares.

I spent over a hundred bucks but left the place smiling.....

Those are fantastic photos! Who took those? These provide the best sense of any photos yet of what the interior feels like, and a small taste of their product line. I was there last month, and they've already moved and updated some of their lines.

BarbaGnosa, those images are straight from Google Street View. I presume that some Google contractor walked into the store with a 360-degree camera attached to his head (on a helmet, I hope). Wild, isn't it.

Yeah, Richie, the aisles are narrow. I have only been the store on Lex & 63rd. I am told that the 34th & Park Avenue location is marginally more navigable.

On my one and only visit, I left with a single jar of hair pomade. Bring the Mrs. along does help to mask AD symptoms temporarily. My daughter returned a Xmas gift she purchased for me from AOS (sandalwood -- not my thing; and I figured I could better spend the money from the cost of one of their brushes on something else) and promises to replace it with a gift certificate (if they have 'em) from Pasteurs.

Terrific! Both stores have super-narrow aisles with jam-packed shelves, which adds to the "Mecca" experience. I was in NYC a couple of weeks ago and visited the Lex & 62nd Ave store, where I courageously limited myself to purchasing a pack of Polisilver blades (first-time use) and a sample-sized MWF bath soap. Almost everything you could want for DE shaving is there.

If you look down at the floor you can see the legs of the tripod they use for these. Same thing when you look at the streets view of Old Town Shaving Shop.

Top Bottom