What's new

Pasteur Pharmacy - NYC

I used to get there every couple of weeks when I worked a couple of blocks away, but not in the past several months. So, when my daughter had business nearby, I asked her to stop in on my behalf to pick up some of the new Nuàvia Verde. She did.

But the sad news is that they recently dropped the 10% B&B discount. Also, the pricing on Nuàvia is almost up to the manufacturer's direct price online.

Worth it, though.

Hmm lived in NYC for 15 years and never visited Pasteur. Then again cared little for Wet Shaving in general too busy chasing skirts and destroying my liver. Now that Im a geezer living in suburbia, I guess ill pay them a visit. Probably tomorrow hehe.

Here's my (very maddening) Pasteur story for the day:

As a weekend treat I planned a visit to Pasteur today since I was driving my family into NYC for the day. I had been looking forward to stopping in to buy my first real shavette (Parker SR1) and maybe a few other goodies.

After driving an hour to get 25 blocks within midtown, and circling for a parking space, I park near the 34th st store. But before I get into Pasteur, nature is calling - urgently. Knowing from experience that Pasteur's doesn't have a restroom, I tried the Dunkin' Donuts next door. No facilities there either.

Too close to ignore it, I pop into Pasteur to attempt some shopping. Everything I wanted was on the shelf. But wanting to browse in comfort, I popped out of the store seconds later in search of facilities.

The shop next door: no restrooms either. Convenience store across the street: no dice. They recommend the cafe next door: seemingly open but locked doors. Neighborhood restaurants: closed. A 7-11 two blocks away: no restroom.

Bladder ready to burst, I finally find a coffee shop where I purchase a drink and can tend to my needs.

Relieved and ecstatic to be able to do my Pasteur shopping, I walk back around the corner to find that Pasteur's is.....CLOSED!!!

Closing time was slated for 5pm. It was only 4pm. A sign on the door said they close at 4pm on Saturdays during the **Summer.** I guess "summer" in NYC has suddenly extended well into September!

So, no score today. Very, very disappointing.

I can't imagine if I were a tourist from out of state who had banked some of their day on visiting this shaving wonderland. Ugh.

Last edited:
Here's my (very maddening) The shop next door: no restrooms either. Convenience store across the street: no dice. They recommend the cafe next door: seemingly open but locked doors. Neighborhood restaurants: closed. A 7-11 two blocks away: no restroom.

If you had a Smartphone with you, you could have checked for the nearest hotel. I think there's a Hilton a block or two away. There's also a few phone apps and websites that help you find the nearest restroom.

At least you found a spot. The last time I went to Pasteurs by car, there was no parking anywhere and I had to drive back downtown to the East Village and take a train back uptown!

In NYC, headed to Pasteur's tomorrow morning. I'm excited to buy so many things, though admittedly I need nothing. That's an expensive mindset to walk into a store with. Maybe I'll just remind myself it's Xmas gift season. XPEC, Castle Forbes cream, Antica Barbiera soap, discontinued Thiers sandalwood soap?

Any other suggestions for indulgence?

Got my Pasteur's fix today. Lovely conversation with Leon. He genuinely enjoys customer service. Wound up with XPEC unscented, Santa Maria Novella and Castle Forbes creams, and a Taylor sandalwood stick. They don't carry Antica Barbieria soap. That will have to stay on the list along with an ATT SE2.

See the name of the store 15 seconds into this clip:

Ok, time to resurrect this thread.

I remember seeing this thread last year, but I sure don't remember seeing your comment and Seinfeld clip. I'm a HUGE Seinfeld fan and I can't believe I missed this! My buddy, a coworker, and I throw Seinfeld lines back and forth at work all day long. However, he doesn't shave and is almost at the point of rolling his eyes (I really can't blame him) when I bring up the topic. So I can't wait to let him know that our beloved Seinfeld is linked to my passion through an epic retailer of wet shaving products, LOL!!!! It's a miracle and it isn't even Festivus.

Ok, time to resurrect this thread.

I remember seeing this thread last year, but I sure don't remember seeing your comment and Seinfeld clip.

And what I just realized is that Badgerandblade, with their upgraded forum design, finally gave members the ability to enlarge Youtube videos to full screen with the correct embedded code.

Do both Pasteur locations share the same high quality shaving department or is there one that is a must see for shavers?

Do both Pasteur locations share the same high quality shaving department or is there one that is a must see for shavers?
Looks like this is the one you want to visit ---> Pasteur Pharmacy on West 34th Street, near the Empire State Building(from first post in this thread)

Just noticed, Google maps will take you inside the store to look around. Cheaper than actually walking in although not as much fun.

Oh. My. Word! ALL of the shaving products are at Pasteur’s !!! It’s not just one section - it’s nearly the entire store !! What a thrill to behold.

I purchased Mitchell’s Woof Fat & Williams soaps, Lucky Tiger Bay Rum aftershave (very nice classic aroma!) and GSB & Gillette Platinums. Any of us could spend thousands and all afternoon in there. Thanks for the tip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Besides that Alchemy soap and AS posted by Pilot Mike, do they have any other branded items? I look forward to seeing Pasteurs when we visit NYC but it would be cool to bring home a Pasteur’s brush or mug or something you can’t just order online.

Top Bottom