What's new

Pasteur Pharmacy - Disneyland for wet shavers.

Oh boy! Another great field trip for me! Earlier in the week I went to @Rudy Vey ‘s workshop. And today Pasteur!
If you’re anywhere close to Manhattan it’s absolutely worth the trip. They’ve got just about EVERYTHING. Normally I order on line and spend a lot of time trying to imagine what things might smell and feel like. It was a real pleasure being able open up so many products.

At Rudy’s recommendation, I got my first two tallow products. I didn’t see Grooming Department there but I got some good ones.

2566A06C-2F66-4C08-A117-66974196BCC9.jpeg

Last edited:

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Very nice! MWF is fabulous and luckily very inexpensive here in the UK. I went to Pasteur last year and was overwhelmed by the choice. There was so much that I just could not make a decision and ended up not buying anything :biggrin1: P1040760.JPG

I worked and lived in the NYC area for many years. I got spoiled by the great selection at this store. When I moved the only two things I missed were good pizza and Pasteurs! You made some nice purchases.

I worked and lived in the NYC area for many years. I got spoiled by the great selection at this store. When I moved the only two things I missed were good pizza and Pasteurs! You made some nice purchases.
Thanks I’m super excited to try these. And yeah, it’s amazing how bad pizza can be.

Great score! I have all those products, your going to love them!! I have to get in there, everyone raves about that place! Congrats!

Great score! I have all those products, your going to love them!! I have to get in there, everyone raves about that place! Congrats!
I really can’t wait to try them. I had a sample of the Opuntia AS that I used today so I knew I’d get that if they had it. The other two were impulse buys but I was definitely looking for some tallow.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Great pic! Hey Eclipse, I’m visiting my daughter in London in March. What’re your favorite wet shaving shops there?
To be honest I buy most of my stuff online as I live in Cardiff in Wales and there are few good brick and mortar stores nearby. In London you have Taylor Of Old Bond Street, Geo F Trumper, Truefitt And Hill, and D R Harris all within a few minutes walk. Also nearby is Jermyn Street Barber but be aware it is £80 for a haircut and shave I hear. There is also a Muhle shop. There is a YouTube video by Kevy Shaves where he tours the major London shops and shows you the exact walking route to take. Here it is

My daughter lives 6 blocks away from Pasteur’s. Being that I’m in the 2020 sabbatical, do I stop visiting my daughter?

I’m in trouble! Big trouble!

I guess it wouldn't hurt if you conveniently forgot your shaving gear at home and had to make an emergency trip to Pasteur's. :c2:

Top Bottom