What's new

Passing on my "shave knowledge"

This will take a while to do properly, so ideally you have your own bathroom/ensuite or at least one you can be undisturbed in so you can do a good job and feel relaxed and clean after you’re done. This should also be your private time, where you can have those few moments of quiet we all need during the day. I find this is your most important quiet/private moment of the day and it sets your mind in the proper, calmed tone for the crazy day that is surely coming your way.

I started DE shaving because Gillette apparently wanted my skin to die - but this is absolutely why I stayed.

I'm a stay-at-home-working-dad - my life is 35 hour work weeks, plus 2 school runs and 2 dog walks a day, with all the joys of keeping on top of running a house slotted in around it.

I'm lucky enough to have an en-suite bathroom and a family who find it hilarious that I spend so much time on a shave, but totally respect that it's my quiet time. Well, apart from the cat. She likes to sit on the laundry hamper and watch. I think she likes the quiet time too :001_smile

Sometimes is great just to slow down and take some time out from life. Plus I can actually listen to a podcast without having to negotiate whose pen it is, or who's sat in whose spot or all the other jibber jabber that 2 kids manage to come up with.

Great write up, thanks for sharing. Who knows, maybe you can pass some of that on to your daughter. I think we have a few female members who use DE for their legs, etc.

Amazing,
I have a daughter and often pondered this myself. Glad I'm not the only one that thinks of this.

The alcohol is a great idea.

Thanks for sharing.

DP

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Very nice write up.

I love your meditative, Zen approach to shaving. You sound like a man whose wife is a lucky woman, too, as you are very careful to clean up the shaving den as well as your face and neck.

Using alcohol as a razor dip after every shave sounds like a great way to displace the water on the razor. I'd be interested in hearing more about how you do this. How often do you replace the alcohol? How much alcohol is in your dip? What do you store the every day alcohol dip in?

Alcohol used this way will become diluted with water over time as the water on the razors dissolves in the alcohol.

Thanks so much for such a terrific and comprehensive essay.

Happy shave,

Jim

Top Bottom