What's new

Passaround - Natural Ireland soaps - all three varieties

Hello B&B -- recently I became aware of this line of soaps. While in Ireland earlier this month, I obtained several tins (though the company does ship to the US).

I am launching a passaround, and anyone in the continental US is welcome to join.
It is going to start with @dfoulk. That's because I respect his broad knowledge of soaps, want to hear his opinions, and wish to thank him for his past efforts with passarounds.

Included will be one tin each of Natural Ireland's three varieties: Natural, Seaweed, and Stout & Seaweed.

Everybody is welcome to use the soaps of their choice for a week in total before moving the box along to the next in line. A small flat rate priority mail box should work (I will confirm).

I'd like to request that people please refrain from taking samples.
However, if you really like the soaps -- posts with your thoughts either way are welcome -- let me know. You could win the remainder of each tin as a PIF.

All I will say here for now, since I don't want to hype the product, is that I like Natural Ireland's wares a lot and have been using them consistently in recent weeks. I have yet to try the Stout & Seaweed but look forward to doing so with my own new tin.

I will look to launch this in a week. More names can be added down the line too.

@Rory1262 do the soap tins give a full ingredients list? Seems like an interesting product but I couldn’t seem to find a full list from a brief search.

Very nice of you to offer up this passaround!

@jesseix -- here's a photo of the Natural variety:

NaturalIreland_Natural.jpeg

I'm in!! Thanks!! Haven't heard of this soap maker but these look interesting and their scent profiles look good!!

The current list:
01. dfoulk
02. bobmsp
03. jessix
04. YKMV
05. Grundi
15. back to Rory1262

Please send Rory1262 a PM with your mailing address and contact information.

The current list:
01. dfoulk
02. bobmsp
03. jessix
04. YKMV NOPE.. I'm not in this since I'm OCONUS & it would add 3 weeks to the rotation..Subscribed to thread only
05. Grundi

The ACTUAL current list:
01. dfoulk
02. bobmsp
03. jessix
04. Grundi

The ACTUAL current list:
01. dfoulk
02. bobmsp
03. jessix
04. Grundi
14. back to Rory1262

Please send Rory1262 a PM with your mailing address and contact information.

Sorry about that. I confused subscribing to the thread with joining the list. :07:

Glad we have several participants already! Here's a picture of the Stout and Seaweed tin. You may have noticed that the three varieties share a lot of ingredients in common -- the difference-makers being the kelp as well as barley and hops.

NaturalIreland_StoutandSeaweed.jpg

Current list:

01. dfoulk
02. bobmsp
03. jesseix
04. Grundi
05. JimDandy

Bump...with guidelines that I should have provided more clearly at the outset.
I have contact info for three of the participants who have already signed up. I will follow up with the other two via PM.

General Information

You'll keep the tins for seven (7) days or so, smell and sample as many of the three soaps as you'd like, and then pass them on to the next person on the list. Reviews of the soaps are highly encouraged/required as long as you give honest feedback of the soaps you try.

Rules/Guidelines

1. You must be an active member here on the forum for three months with over 50 meaningful posts to participate.
2. You are responsible to cover the cost of shipping for the package to be sent to the next person. The person before you paid to get it to you.
3. You are allowed to have the soaps for no longer than 7 days before sending them to the next person on the list.
4. You must (must) send the tins using a method that provides a tracking number. This is for everyone’s benefit so that we can see where the package is (or isn’t!). In the U.S., the preferred way is to use Priority Mail.
Note: No extra insurance will be necessary, since the total retail value of the three tins is just under $50 (the amount of insurance that comes with Priority Mail).
5. You are free to try any of the soaps during your turn but you are not allowed to keep anything. (So to clarify this, you use enough to shave with, then the tins go back so that others can try them too. When you send the package to the next person, you should have no soap whatsoever in your possession that was from the box.)
6. Please don't lather any of the soaps in their sample containers. Cut or scoop enough for your shaves and press it into a bowl.
7. Be considerate about how you treat the soaps. Please use only what you need so that others can try them too.

How to sign up and what I need from you: I'll post a list of numbers and you'll put your name on the list in the spot of your choice and repost it.

I'm going to need to collect some information from you. Please send me a PM with the following subject: Natural Ireland Passaround.

Please include the following info in the PM.
Number on list:
Forum user name:
Your real name (first and last):
Address:
Phone Number:
Email address:

Your spot is chosen by reposting the list. Providing the contact information is just necessary just in case I need to follow up.

I'd like to collect this information upfront as it makes it a lot easier for me. I won't use this information other than to contact you related to this passaround (only if needed). Every attempt will be made to contact you within this forum first. I won't share anyone's information and I won't use it for any other purpose. I will delete it after this round is complete.

Note that you will still have to share your information again with the person before you on the list. Providing it to me keeps me from having to hunt them down for it.

Please read these rules completely and be sure that you agree to all of them before signing up.

Last edited:
I'm in. This soap is already on my lengthy "soaps to try" list due to the unusual ingredients list. @Rory1262 Thanks for putting this together. It's very generous of you.

Current list:

01. dfoulk
02. bobmsp
03. jesseix
04. Grundi
05. JimDandy
06. SGWB

Apologies to jesseix. He has clarified that his appreciation of the passaround did not actually mean that he's participating.

Current list...joiners remain most welcome:

01. dfoulk
02. bobmsp
03. Grundi
04. JimDandy
05. SGWB

Top Bottom