What's new

Pass-Around: Who wants to try a Fatip Lo Storto Testina Originale?

I've had 2 shaves with the slant since my return earlier this week. The first was with a Wizamet blade that already had 4 uses on it and the second was with a new Gillette Platinum Blue. The second shave was much nicer than the first. I did have a little more trouble than usual loading the blades onto the pins of the top cap, but that may just be my lack of coordination.

I'll have a few more shaves with the razor and then will send it on to @MTG Jr on Saturday or Monday.

Can you remove me from the list please? I'm not up for this at the moment. Apologies for any inconvenience.

My primary reason for trying the Fatip slant was to see if it would be a good travel razor. My criteria for a travel razor are that it needs to be relatively inexpensive, fairly easy to replace if lost, and provides a comfortable shave. I've had good luck with slants in the past and the Fatip is currently made and relatively inexpensive (although at the high end of "cheap").

After 4 or 5 shaves, I think that the razor does give a good comfortable shave. While my first shave with the slant was not the best, my remaining ones were quite close and reasonably comfortable during and after. For my last shave, I compared it to my current travel razor - a frankenrazor with a New Deluxe base plate, a Tech cap, and a Maggard's handle. The Fatip outshone my current razor.

So this one is on the list of possibilities. I've got a few other inexpensive razors that I currently own that I'm planning to audition for Dopp kit duty and I'm also considering whether to try a "regular" Fatip or Schone to save a few bucks. (I'm happy for feedback on this latter idea.) Otherwise, I may try to pick up one of these slants for travel once I start to actually travel more frequently.

Thanks again to @HDSledge for his generosity in hosting this pass around.

OK. I shaved five days with the Fatip Lo Storto Testina Originale loaded with a GSB. I thought it was a very nice mid-efficiency razor. It was pretty smooth as well. If I were in the market for another razor, this would definitely be on the list of possibilities. I can certainly see why people are so enthusiastic about this razor.

I’ve packed it up and will send it to @MTG Jr in the next few days. I also included a few Truefitt & Hill samples in case anyone wants to try them, as I have several of these laying around. Thanks again to @HDSledge for the wonderful PIF.

The razor has been cleaned, sterilized, repackaged, and shipped off to @lancre (tracking info provided by PM). Thanks for the opportunity to try the FOCS!

Top Bottom