What's new

Partly smoked cigar

I smoked a third or so of a Padron last night and had enough. Today I thought about throwing it out but cut off the end maybe a third of an inch from the ash line and smoked it. Tasted great.

So that was my experience. I think once you get to the halfway or more mark, then it might be not worth it but will know more when that occurs.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I smoked a third or so of a Padron last night and had enough. Today I thought about throwing it out but cut off the end maybe a third of an inch from the ash line and smoked it. Tasted great.

So that was my experience. I think once you get to the halfway or more mark, then it might be not worth it but will know more when that occurs.

If you purge a cigar before you let it go out the chance of a good smoke later is increased in my experience.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Purge it and do not put it back in your humidor. I don’t save a cigar for later very often but when I do I put them in a zip lock and try to keep them somewhere that won’t stink up the place, like in my storage shed. In my experience a half smoked cigar REALLY STINKS. Even in A zip lock baggie you can smell it in the room it’s left in.

I think the purge is blowing out thru the cigar a few seconds. I did not do that but have heard of it. I think another thing is not to stub out a cigar, let it go out on its own. Knock the ash off and relight. Yeah, the smell of that half burned cigar was strong in the room. I have a few to dump out now that I think of it, hehe.

That was one of the best smokes I have had ironically. Diet Canada Dry Ginger Ale with it. No alky till next Friday or till I lose will power, which ever comes first. hehe

steps to follow, get either a plastic cigar tube saver or use a churchill aluminum tube of the largest ring guide you can get and hold onto it.

when the cigar is out, blow thru the cigar and blow out all the stale smoke. snip off the end with a good cutter, then put in the tube and use later. Works good in most cases. Better if later on or the next day.

Top Bottom