What's new

Participation PIF - The Unobtainium Polsilver Super Stainless

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
For those of you that just couldn't wait for my report:

Oh My My My!!! That shave was my first use of a Schick Krona. UNBELIEVABLE. No kiddin'. EASILY the best shave I have ever received from a TTO razor. EASILY. I obtained (stole) it from @Old School TSD quite a long time ago, along with my first Old Type. Old Type I only used during Shart Week (giggle), so that is not a fair test. I'll try to break that Old Type out again during Arko August, with a GSB?

Anyway, speaking of a GSB: this blade is EVERY BIT the equal of the second shave on a GSB. Awesome blade.

I've got 57? or so shaves on a GSB, and it's last shave may have been it's last; it was kinda a tiny bit ruff. But I could see this here blade from our man in Israel, and Humphrey Bogart lasting over a hundred. UNBELIEVABLY smooth shave.

I used the soap and mug (with CUSTOM MADE LID doggone!) from my friend @Tanuki and the experimental brush that hasn't been rinsed in I forget how long that my even older friend @BudgetShaverGuy Thank you @Space_Cadet and @Grundi for keeping me out of trouble with the War Department!
My face has a TINY bit of "stubbly" feel to it right now... Truly no need to shave tonight...

Round 1:
Shave#1, Polsilver PIF: DFS, no drama, just felt a bit rough.
Shave#2, Polsilver SI:

Razor: NDC BET
Blade: Polsilver SI
Brush: Rubberset 400
Soap : Proraso Green (Tub)

I managed a solid DFS with the above gear, Quite comfortable. Afterwards there was no reaction from the alum or the astringent WH, and no post shave irritation of any sort.

proxy.php

Fifth shave with the Polsilver Stainless (Vintage) blade #1

Razor
: Fatip Lo Storto Originale (aka FOCS)
Brush: Yaqi Blue Marble 26mm Timber Wolf
Soap: RazoRock Black Label

A repeat of yesterday's excellent performance.

The Yaqi Blue Marble Timber Wolf/RR Black Label pairing produced an outstandingly rich, slick lather. It's hard to beat a synthetic brush if you want instant results.

The FOCS/Polsilver Stainless duo was smooth and comfortable, once again. As before, I did not need to buff. Not having to perform extra work on cleaning up stubborn stubble has been very beneficial to my skin. There was no post-shave irritation, so no ASB was required.

Overall, a great shave. :thumbup1:

First shave with the Polsilver,
Universal shavette
Tabac
444 Balm.
Henri et Victoria C&CC after shave.

Firstly, the blade looked great under the microscope!!
Shave was stupid smooth - ridiculous really. Not stupid sharp but plenty sharp enough. A little too early to tell.
Very nice shave all in all. If it can keep this up for at least 5 more shaves then they are top shelf for me.
Very nice blade.

Shave seven with the Polsilver. Tonight I tested it out in my new PAA Fakelite Fasan razor which was an ABS version of the original BOCS and done in clear as a homage to the original Fasan Wonder Woman razor. I know that when the ABS series Fasan clones came out, they shaved very mild and so I immediately decided to ride the comb with this shave.

WTG pass was extremely mild, even when riding the comb almost to the point f not touching any part of the cap to my face. The pass was efficient, but left a lot of fine stubble to clear up. the ATG pass cleared most of it, however, unlike the past couple of shaves, I felt a need to do an XTG pass along my jaw line and under my chin.

I ended up with a BBS, but it was not as good a BBS as the past nights since I started shaving with the Polsilver. It could be that I was using a new razor that I have not shaved with before, it could be that the blade had six great shaves on it already, or a combination of both.

Tomorrow, I took out my Gen 1 Aristocrat after realizing that I have not used a TTO or a vintage Gillette yet. I am very familiar with the razor and so we shall see if the blade is reaching it's max.

2nd shave of the day, this time a more deliberate, careful shave than the hasty “gotta go, gotta go” job I did this morning. it’s a definite pleasure to take my time, so after I mowed my yard, I thought why not? Still sticking with the superspeed F1, I’m impressed because it isn’t exactly my go-to shaver. I got a near-bbs, missing only those tiny catfish bristles around my upper lip that really need a full 24 hours’ growth.

3 shaves in, and my intention is to take this blade as far as it will go.

Unobtainium Polsilver Stainless Blade #1 - Shave #2

Equipment:
Merkur 20C, Polsilver Stainless (2), CTS Mr Pepper, Assured $1 Brush

The Shave: Very nice, DFS+ shave; this blade is really performing amazingly well. I'm agreeing with others that it's placement in the upper middle tier or top tier will depend on its longevity.

New Brush: I was in Dollar Tree with my daughter and spied an official Assured Shaving Brush reasonably priced at...$1. I snagged one and used it this morning. It won't replace my favorites, but it did a decent job creating lather and smearing it over my face. As you can see in the pic, it's just a wee thing and only lost 6 bristles during lathering.

Polsilver_Shave2.jpg

FarmerTan

My face has a TINY bit of "stubbly" feel to it right now... Truly no need to shave tonight...
I'm a back slider tonight.

Went to a Bible study and didn't even shave!

I've got either a "Summer cold" or the werstest case of "Hay Fever" that I've had in years!

That's probably because I made @fast shaver and @Grundi mad!

I'm afraid shavin' under my nose will cause me to sneeze, causin' me to cut myself, making me less incredibly handsome, causin' my lovely War Department to leave me, which will cause me to be on B and B even more than I am, causin' me to lose what friends I got left...

Somedays it don't pay to get outta bed, doggone!

FarmerTan

Unobtainium Polsilver Stainless Blade #1 - Shave #2

Equipment:
Merkur 20C, Polsilver Stainless (2), CTS Mr Pepper, Assured $1 Brush

The Shave: Very nice, DFS+ shave; this blade is really performing amazingly well. I'm agreeing with others that it's placement in the upper middle tier or top tier will depend on its longevity.

New Brush: I was in Dollar Tree with my daughter and spied an official Assured Shaving Brush reasonably priced at...$1. I snagged one and used it this morning. It won't replace my favorites, but it did a decent job creating lather and smearing it over my face. As you can see in the pic, it's just a wee thing and only lost 6 bristles during lathering.

View attachment 1299748
What kinda bristles does it have? Please say badger, lol!

What kinda bristles does it have? Please say badger, lol!
Hard, very hard, synthetic bristles. @BlueTomorrow describes them as "fishing line" which is quite accurate. Maybe left over fishing line from a commercial trawler. The Official Dollar Tree Exclusive $1 Assured Shave Brush has excellent back bone, I'm talking world class back bone that won't bend even when I begged and pleaded with it. Still, I was able to whip up some decent lather.

I could only slather the lather since swirls were very painful on my delicate cheeks and sensitive neck.

AssuredBrush_1_of_2.jpg
AssuredBrush_2_of_2.jpg

PS. Bro. you went unshaved to Bible Study?!? I am so praying for you!!

FarmerTan

Hard, very hard, synthetic bristles. @BlueTomorrow describes them as "fishing line" which is quite accurate. Maybe left over fishing line from a commercial trawler. The Official Dollar Tree Exclusive $1 Assured Shave Brush has excellent back bone, I'm talking world class back bone that won't bend even when I begged and pleaded with it. Still, I was able to whip up some decent lather.

I could only slather the lather since swirls were very painful on my delicate cheeks and sensitive neck.

View attachment 1299765View attachment 1299766

PS. Bro. you went unshaved to Bible Study?!? I am so praying for you!!
Well, it's a brand new 12 week study, and tonight was the first week, so I REALLY didn't want to miss!

Mrs FarmerTan went at EIGHT AM!

She don't think I'm all that funny when I say God werks second shift too!

But I made sure I didn't greet anyone with a "Holy kiss" so I'm sure no one noticed my lack of a shave!

Seriously, my incredibly handsome face STILL feels decent! I doubt I'll HAVE to shave tomorrow, but if I'm over my allergies, I'll do a shave just for you! That blade REALLY impressed me last night.

Razor: Yaqi katana SE on RR BBS aluminum handle
Blade: Polsilver SS #0.5
Brush: Turn n shave ghost
Soap & Aftershave : Stirling strawberry lemonade
Felt very smooth as soon as I set it on my face, but ended up feeling like a fairly sharp blade so I was careful. Probably doesn't feel as smooth as feather to me, but on par with other sharp blades. It was a nice efficient blade, didn't really need any buffing on 2 days growth.

Blade: Polsilver Stainless (10), on to shave 11 tomorrow, I have ordered 300 of these blades
if each one last 10 shaves that’s about 8.4 years of blades.
Brush: Morris & Forndran 2XL, 28mm Finest
Soap: Ethos Lavender
Razor: Wolfman WR2 SB. 1.35 w/ Timeless Ti Crown 👑 Handle
Post Shave: Ethos Unscented skin food, 47115833AC7F-C6F7-45EF-8EB0-2FC921914D70.jpeg979B38DA-43B9-402E-8BB6-3C6CACD59275.jpeg1590F887-E6BF-4E6B-8513-15D2158A4D73.jpeg2B3DBE9B-FE5C-4E86-925A-191726405CB0.jpeg8D1F567D-A7AE-4E14-AEBA-27F7298E99E9.jpeg6176B2E1-AA55-458B-9B06-42A3B08E94A9.jpeg

1st shave
Head and face
Unobtanium blade with wax
razor: Merkur "bakelite" #45 (the best cc Merkur, for me anyway).
brush: muhle synthetic
soap:WK Lav Sublime
AS Speick sport
AB AQVelva 5-1

2+ headshave
3 faceshave

The lather wasn't the best.... a bit dry, add more water gets runny.
No incidents, no cuts nor bleeding, needed proper 3 passes to cover a close face shave.
Mild irritation, nothing to complain about. Shave was close.
This was a mix of a Feather + Nacet for me.....good sharp blade.
Apparently I will have to see how many shaves I can get out of it......unlike Shark that is a 1-2 use blade then to the can.

Thanks again to Grundi for organizing it and mailing the blades donated by Space cadet. Thanks a lot for this great opportunity .

Polsilver Super Stainless. Blade 1 Edge 1 Shave 3. Wilkinson Sword Classic (plastic); Tri-Coastal Design Milagu Black shave butter; Omega S-brush knot in home-made handle.

I once bought this brushless cream (bundled with a cheap brush) in a TJ Maxx in extremis when I was travelling and forgot to pack a soap. It's not my favourite, but the black pepper scent is nice, and it feels quite cooling, which is why it got a run out this morning.

On the third shave the marked smoothness of this blade has disappeared, although it remains comfortable. I did manage to avoid weepers this morning, but overall finish isn't as good as it has been previously. Particularly around the chin. I'm unsure how much of that is down to the soap, so I'll be sure to give one of my better soaps a whirl next time.

Vintage blade in a vintage razor:
3rd use on this first polsilver. Still very smooth and sharp. I could get a few more shaves out of this blade. Had a smooth and comfortable shave and was bbs after 3 passes using setting 9 on all 3 passes. No nics or irritation or feedback from Mr. Alum.
proxy.php
proxy.php

Fayiz D.

Top Bottom