What's new

Participation PIF - The Mysterious KAI Blades

Mysterious KAI Blades Update!!

There appears to be a 1,000 year old mystical meteor shower about to occur!! The first batch of Mysterious KAI blades is being mailed tomorrow (on my way to work)!! This batch includes: @B_R_A_D, @Ted A, @freebird0064, @Mike M, @EclipseRedRing, @geneaut, @JohnPS, @xiletero, @FarmerTan, @Fred D, @Ed Gcom, @Billski, @JackJ, @woodwzrd, @JWK1, @Chard52142, @Slanterino, @HarleyDChevrolet, @borwish, @Chaucer, @trentr, @fast shaver, @Demolition, @Weean, @Tanuki,
@Jmp63, @TheBigL, @BigJ, @JAHE, @Dean13, @BGO37, and @ewk!!

Please post a quick note that you've received them once they arrive!!

That's the 1st batch. I have 2 currently in the 2nd batch (@texh and @Hardrock, please pm your addresses to me!!).

After allotting everyone's tucks, I've got 5 tucks of Mysterious KAI Blades remaining, looking for shave dens to call home!!

If you don't see your name listed, PLEASE Let Me Know, it's my mistake, and I'll get blades out to you!!

Can’t wait for the messenger pigeon to bring my mysterious Kai blades to the brisk white North. Will be waiting impatiently 😉

Thanks to animalCatcher for providing the mysterious and highly coveted blades and to grundi for organizing the PIF

Looking forward to trying these out and reporting!

So today was my second shave with the Mysterious Kai blade.

Razor Timeless SS .68 SB
Blade Mysterious Kai (2)
Brush Simpson Trafalgar T2
Soap Stirling Executive Man
Balm Stirling Executive Man

Rating 10/10 3 pass plus touchups BBS

Todays shave was very much like yesterdays shave. It was a comfortable, drama free shave XTG then XTG in the opposite direction and finally ATG with ATG touchups in two spots on my neck. Once again the shave just felt more efficient than what I have been experiencing. After the third pass a couple of small touchups. These blades don't feel bitey like Nacets or Bic Chromes. I am asking myself why have I left them sitting unused in a drawer so long?

View attachment 1213512
Your reviews are excellent and just making me want to try these blades for myself!! (I'm holding off until the 1st recipients receive their blades, building the excitement and anticipation!!)

Your reviews are excellent and just making me want to try these blades for myself!! (I'm holding off until the 1st recipients receive their blades, building the excitement and anticipation!!)
Thanks! Unfortunately I am out of town so I am using the blades in my Dopp kit, Personna Reds. Same for tomorrow. Hopefully I will be able to use the Mysterious Kai again the day after tomorrow. I think you will notice the difference in efficiency with a mild razor like the Timeless .68 and Feather ASD2. I don't know if you will see an uptick in efficiency with more aggressive razors. I guess we will soon find out when everyone gets their blades.

I picked out a bunch of Gillette razors, that I had in different boxes, now ready for this Mysterious Kai......some US some UK; I like them all and have been ignoring them. There were some old blade packages in one box and now I got the allergies.....at night.
Anyway, Tupperware now ready w the chose Gillette razors and a Krona. maybe a Babysmooth?.......

I just saw this thread. If I'm not too late, I'm in please. I'll be happy to participate & post my thoughts on this well regarded blade. Thank you sir!

I am in if there are still blades available. I’ve been curious about these and will post reviews. Thanks for doing all of these. They are fun and interesting. PM sent.

Mysterious KAI Blades Update - PIF Phase Is Over!!

The PIF Phase of the Mysterious KAI Blades Participation PIF is now OVER!! I will get the last batch of Mysterious KAI Blades mailed in the next day or two!! The Participation Phase begins whenever you receive your blades!!

The 2nd group includes: @texh, @Hardrock, @Balthier, @Cleanface, @Njguy1977, @dmshaver, @Chad3!! Be watching your mailboxes for something Mysterious!!

The PIF Phase of the Mysterious KAI Blades Participation PIF is now OVER!! I will get the last batch of Mysterious KAI Blades mailed in the next day or two!! The Participation Phase begins whenever you receive your blades!!

The 2nd group includes: @texh, @Hardrock, @Balthier, @Cleanface, @Njguy1977, @dmshaver, @Chad3!! Be watching your mailboxes for something Mysterious!!

Thank you very much for the opportunity to try these meteorological mysterious masterpieces from Japan! :lol:

Larry

Blade 1 Shave 3

Razor Timeless SS .68 SB
Blade Mysterious Kai (3)
Brush West Coast Shaving 26mm Silvertip
Scuttle Georgetown Pottery G12 blue cribe
Cream DR Harris Windsor
AS DR Harris Windsor AS Milk
Cologne DR Harris Windsor

Rating: 9.5/10 Three Passes XTG, GTX and ATG I found a little bit of stubble left under my left ear.

Another excellent shave. I got to use my shave scuttle for the first time and it worked great. Warm lather for whole shave. I also got to use my new WCS Silvertip brush. It's a lot larger than I anticipated and seems to be a bit of a lather hog. The brush feels very dense which I feel helps with the soft silvertip hairs. Never the less it worked quite well using the Marco Method. The brush was very comfortable on my face. Once again I felt like there was an increase of efficiency over the Personna Red I was using the last two days that I spent out of town. No irritation, no weepers. Drama free blade/shave. Blade feels as smooth as the first shave. I think this might be the go to blade for the February one blade one month challenge.

Kai 3.jpg

I’m glad I squeaked in. I’m looking forward to giving these blades a try, I haven’t had the pleasure of using them before. Thank you!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Thur, Jan 28th 2021

Razor: Razorock Game changer .84- MFG 2018>, mid range<, works well with a KAI SS blade for myself, well built SS razor IMO.
Blade: Kai SS (4) excellent blade, Sharp & smooth with great longevity + wider than a standard Gillette blade by .009" or .0045" per side extra blade feel.
Soap: Gillette Pure cream, nice scent with great lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24mm Sagrada Familia- named after a famous Cathedral in Barcelona Spain( I visited it myself), excellent lather generator with cloud like soft tips + great scrubber & lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Fine fresh Vetiver with Witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 2 small blemish weepers = :a17: Excellent shave with my RR GC .84 with a Kai SS blade.
SOTD, Thur, Jan 28th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay and think safe in these times!

Be watching your mailboxes for something Mysterious!!
Thank you @Grundi for organizing this event. I'll be impatiently wainting for the blades to arrive at this side if the pond. I guess, it might take some weeks.

I'll do my best to provide an unbiased review once they are here and to no get spoiled by the other reviews being posted in the meantime.

I was thinking about the photo I posted above a bit more (Kai CEO Koji Endo skipping stones in a Japanese river). I don't have any evidence to CONCLUSIVELY prove that said stones are particulates of the meteor, but this behaviour certainly seems sus (learned that word from my kids last week). Why would he do that? Certainly not to waste his extra-terrestrial resources, surely. Also, from the article from which the photo was taken, he claims he used to do this frequently, but now for the first time in 20 years. What could the secret be of such a bizarre manufacturing process?

Anyway, here he is again, this time shining his shoes. Notice how close his shave is. He has a philosophical connection to this activity that is worth reading:

1611858284157.png

Just received the blades today! I am scheduled for a shave on Saturday. I have decided to do a very systematic, comprehensive review. I am going to use my Karve CB. I have every SB plate from A to F. Since the Kai is wider than a standard blade, I'm going to test it systematically through the different plates. I just have to decide where to start. I have been using my C plate exclusively for a while, so I might start there and go down to the A plate. It is said these blades give more shaves, so I might go something like: C plate, B plate, A plate, then back to C plate and repeat. Six shaves.

This will be fun. Thanks, Grundi!

I was thinking about the photo I posted above a bit more (Kai CEO Koji Endo skipping stones in a Japanese river). I don't have any evidence to CONCLUSIVELY prove that said stones are particulates of the meteor, but this behaviour certainly seems sus (learned that word from my kids last week). Why would he do that? Certainly not to waste his extra-terrestrial resources, surely. Also, from the article from which the photo was taken, he claims he used to do this frequently, but now for the first time in 20 years. What could the secret be of such a bizarre manufacturing process?

Anyway, here he is again, this time shining his shoes. Notice how close his shave is. He has a philosophical connection to this activity that is worth reading:

View attachment 1214738
Very interesting blade manufacturing process...smoothing blades by skipping mystical meteor ore across a metaphysical river...and now polishing them using secret refinement method...🤔...could this be the process handed down from blacksmith to blacksmith???

Top Bottom