What's new

Participation PIF - Swinging The Legendary Viking's Sword Blade

Blade #4; use 1 or 2?
Maggards slant
Wholly Kaw donkey milk....(1st use)
Yaqi badger 24mm
2+ passes head and 3 face.
Slight burning in the back of the head. Close smooth shave
Blades are excellent, probably my new favorites, displacing : nacets and crystal.....

AS Proraso Red
Balm: AquaVelva 5in1

Viking Blade #4 Shave #5
Got a nice close shave this A.M. The blade is holding up good so far at stubble removal. Used the FOCS Razor & Arko soap. No nicks or irritation noted. :thumbup1:

Razor: FOCS
Blade: Viking's Sword blade 3 shave #9
Brush: TGN black badger
Soap: Stirling Bay Rum
Aftershave: Pinaud VI Bay Rum
Had a very close pleasant shave, blade is still very smooth.

222225 (2).jpg

Blade #1 Shave#18 might be starting to fade ....... I know I keep saying this but....
Razor/Blade: Gillette 1917 Standard/ Viking’s Sword blade
Cream: TOBS Grapefruit
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
AS: Lucky Tiger

Razor: Yaqi Slant
Blade: Viking's Sword blade 3 shave #10
Brush: TurnNShave Ghost
Soap: Sudsy Soapery Top o' the Morning
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Ice Sport
Surprised no nicks on this very aggressive razor, I really trust the smoothness of this blade. Was a little hard to get enough stubble reduction before going ATG on one trouble area of my neck, so the technique this shave felt a little different. It ended up feeling like a very close shave.

Blade 3 nr 10
Half head and half face (decided to give it another run)
Razor PAA El Fantasma slant OC
Brush Trafalgar T3
Soap: Wholly Kaw donkey
AS : witch hazel medicated
AB: hyaluronic acid mix then Aquavelva 5-1.
I haven't figured out this razor.....light and torqued blade. It was not a pleasant shave, felt as if the blade was struggling w the shave (a mix of a used blade and light razor) . 2+ passes NO blood, and a bit irritated....less than I expected. The other side was w a Merkur 45, another Bakelite....that way both were similar in size and weight....this used a Nace # 3 or 4th use. Both shaves were equally good, close and smooth. Now I will discard both blades today.

666655.jpg

Blade #1 Shave#19 might be starting to fade ....... I know I keep saying this but....
Soap: Stirling Executive Man
AS: Stirling Executive Man

Last edited:
Yesterday morning, 1st shave with Viking Sword blade #3 in a pre WW2 Tech with TOBS Royal Forest cream preceded by Trumpers Sandalwood Skin Food preshave. Unusually for me, the razor and blade faced 3 days’ growth. (A mild case of COVID has taken its toll on my grooming.) Results were better than good enough. No nicks, irritation, etc., but it was a slow go. 1st shaves with new blades are often like that.

2nd shave this morning. Same setup but with Wholly Kaw Man from Mayfair soap and no preshave. Uneventful in a good way. Smooth and far more efficient than yesterday with no hint of mishap.

Based on experience with the 1st two blades in this tuck, I’m expecting about 6 really good shaves from this blade. I’ll report back on any surprises.

While being so busy with work here for the last month, my shaving has been spotty and I took a break from the Viking Sword. I has some great shave from some other blades I was trying out, but I came back to swing the sword again. Still just now working for me. I just can't get close on my throat without tearing myself up.

Pretty sure this is blade #3, but I will still continue to try the blade in other razors. Maybe there is still a winning combination out there for me.

Viking Blade #5 Shave #1
Got a very smooth & close shave This A.M.
These blades are very consistent in quality. Out of 5 blades not one bad blade found. I know its a small sample but, with Astra SP I will get a bad blade at least 1 out of 10. The FOCS Razor & Sheep soap were used. No nicks or irritation noted. :thumbup1:

While being so busy with work here for the last month, my shaving has been spotty and I took a break from the Viking Sword. I has some great shave from some other blades I was trying out, but I came back to swing the sword again. Still just now working for me. I just can't get close on my throat without tearing myself up.

Pretty sure this is blade #3, but I will still continue to try the blade in other razors. Maybe there is still a winning combination out there for me.

Holy cow I must have been drinking when I wrote that. I mean to say "I have had some great shaves from other blades" and "still just not working for me.

:001_tongu:001_tongu

Blade 4 #1
Razor Merkur 45 Bakelite
SV Opuntina
Brush Muhle synthetic
AS Speick
AB Speick

I needed a no drama good shave, so I put a new Vikings Sword blade in the razor
3 passes, smooth, close , no irritation. This was a great shave

My previous shave was a bad one w Astra and Maggards slant (rough, blade was not well centered) then Bic in a Red tip (not a close shave) and I think I finished w a RR 0.84 + newer Bic.....; so I knew I needed my new Fav blade today.

55557775 (2).jpg

Blade #1 Shave#20 still got a BBS
Soap: B&M Lavender
AS: Lucky Tiger

Top Bottom