What's new

Participation PIF - Swinging The Legendary Viking's Sword Blade

Razor: GC 0.84 SB
Blade: Viking's Sword blade 3 shave #4
Brush: TGN black badger
Soap: Pre de Provence 63
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Sport Ice
Was a fairly close 3 pass shave, but could have gone over a few parts atg feeling my face afterwards. No nicks, or irritation.

Blade #2 Shave #2
Sat 26th SOTD
Soap Cella
BrushYaqi 28mm Tuxedo Synthetic
Razor Gillette Rocket HD Monobloc
Blade Sword Viking's Sword 2nd
Post & Aftershaves
Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic
Old Spice Original
Lather from the soap was thick creamy slick with a mild scent.
Wanted a mild shave and this razor paired with the blade gives exactly that. Auto cruising smooth and comfortable for 3passes without any issues for a surprisingly efficient result of mostly bbs to dfs. Very enjoyable. Excellent aftershaves.
Rating 9.7/10
20201226_113450.jpg

3rd blade 6th use
This time it's half head and half face shaves
Razor RR SLOC
Preshave: Cella
Soap: Katies Bubbles Piment de la Vid
AS: Floid Vigoroso
AB: TJ's antioxidant

2+ head and 3 pass face. This was an OK shave , it had more blade feel than I remember, shave was close and minimal irritation.

On the other half I used a new BIC in a RR OC 0.84, it was OK , not as good and a bit more irritation. I am trying them again after a bad experience w 100 from Eb..y .

Vikings are good blades....I like them more than Personna Israel and even Crystal....not sure if it's psychological....or if there is a real difference. Vikings last longer and is smoother.

Blade #2, Edge #1, Shave #1

For today's shave, I broke the blade in half and put one of the resulting half-blades in my Twig. Smooth and efficient, a BBS in three passes with almost no clean-up required. This is the 3rd blade I've tried in this razor, and I'd be hard pressed to see how it could be improved. No nicks, weepers or post-shave irritation, no reaction from the alum either.

Blade #2 Shave #3
Sun 27th SOTD
Soap Catie's Bubbles Barnegat Bay
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Badger
Razor Gillette British RFB
Blade Viking's Sword 3rd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Pleasant lather from the soap. Good bayrum scent and performance.
Shave with razor paired with the blade was good and enjoyable. Smooth and comfortable for 3passes without issues for a bbs to dfs result. Good post & aftershaves. Rating 9.7/10
20201227_114923.jpg

Razor: GC 0.84 SB
Blade: Viking's Sword blade 3 shave #5
Soap: Shannons Lake Shore Drive
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Sport Ice
After last shave I decided to feel ATG under my chin and it was still kinda rough so I went over it a few times with no luck trying different angles with the gc. I thought the razor was more efficient than the ones I had been using recently, so it was odd. I switched to maggard v3 to get the rest and it was easy. I'm baffled by this, but it ended up being a good shave.

Viking Blade #4 Shave #1
Got a nice close shave this A.M.
The Viking Blade has very good Q.C. from blade to blade.
Used the FOCS Razor & Arko soap. No nicks or irritation noted. :thumbup1:

Blade #2, Edge #1, Shave #2

Today's shave was similar to yesterday's shave in results, but felt a bit harsher. My lather was a little wetter and thinner, so not as much protection. That probably accounts for the difference. No nicks, weepers or post-shave irritation, no reaction from the alum either.

3rd blade 7th use
Head and face shave
Gillette super adjustable 84mm
RR Alchemy
Omega boar large
Alum
Witchhazel medicated
AS Proraso Green
AB Speick

I think this is 2nd use of this razor (I have another I love) , this one....not sure if it's OK. 2+ passes face and head.
Setting 6 all
Had more blade feel than what I remember
Shave was close, no cuts
But had some burning with water after done- rinsing.
Hence used Alum (burnt more than usual (I don't like using this))
I don't want to blame the blade.... as I have had good shaves with them. Today I used boar brush (scritchy), new soap and a razor that I have only used 1-2 before.
Shave was 7/10
Will try tomorrow face w Karve.

Razor: Maggard V3A
Blade: Viking's Sword blade 3 shave #6
Soap: Declaration Grooming Massacre
Aftershave: Stirling Sandpiper
Blade definitely felt just a little tuggy at times, but was still a very good shave. I had the same problem under chin as last shave since it's much thicker hair, so I did touch up after 3 passes and got it somewhat satisfactory. Maybe I'll try a slant next shave.

3rd blade use 8

Half head and half face
razor: RR OC 0.84
proraso red preshave
TOBS rose
yaqi Sagrada Familia
Witchhazel medicated
Hialuronic AS
Fine Platinum
AB Proraso blue and Aquavelva 5-1

I compared the blade in a prefered razor 2+ head and same on the right side of the face. Shave was OK then had some residual burning.
The other half I used Gillette Superadjust from yesterday w a Bic #3. This one had some burnin in the face.

Shaves were close. No blood, some irritation. So both the razor and blade gave me trouble.....

I think this was it for the blade, shave was closer w bic.

So I used this for 5 times before ditching it. Shave 5 felt kind of bad. Tuggy and not really smooth even though I did get a BBS.

The first few shaves were pretty good though.

The razor I used was the 37C.

Razor: RR Sloc on vigshaving baseplate
Blade: Viking's Sword blade 3 shave #7
Soap: Sphinxbeard Smolder
Aftershave: Aqua Velva ice sport
This was a really efficient frankenrazor, I think this would be very close to what the yaqi beast is since the baseplate is scalloped merkur type baseplate. Went three passes and super DFS++ one tiny weeper on lower neck blade was fairly smooth for being a more aggressive razor.

Blade #2, Edge #1, Shave #3-7

I've been using this half-blade in my Twig for the last week and getting universally good shaves, DFS near BBS all through. That's WTG -> XTG -> ATG + some buffing/clean-up. No nicks, weepers, post-shave irritation, or reaction from the alum.

As the week has progressed, the amount of buffing required has slowly increased, so I'm binning this one.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
The PIF stock is nearly depleted, but not completely!! I'll get them mailed out to you soon so you can try them on that incredibly handsome face of yours!! (If your address has changed, as in the War Department has finally had you committed, then I'll need your updated address!!)
What a LOSER I AM! lol, I have no excuse, but I have not used any blade but the Viking since I got it (I think.)

Yesterday I did shave number 7 with the first blade, the third consecutive one in the shower, with my Tanuki/L.A. Jones hybrid razor.

I used Brut bar soap, hand lathered, and applied some Aloe Barbasol canned foam over it for each of the last 3 shaves. Really stellar shaves. The last is now about 24 hours post shave. I can feel stubble but am not sure if I will shave tonight. Having a little A-fib at present.

I think this blade excells at shower shaving ( but what blade doesn't?) And I think would be an excellent blade for the guy that swaps his blade out weekly.

Top Bottom