What's new

Participation PIF - Czech Out These Blades

Continuing with Tatra Platinum (100 Blades is waiting for confirmation in a cart based these few shaves)
Tatra Blade 1 #Shave 1 with Gillette Single Ring
This is a razor that always causes some nicks and weepers and I have not been really comfortable with it...but with this blade...wow! Not bad...smooth and ok comfortable!
Tatra Blade 1 #Shave 2 with Gillette British RFB...absolutely amazing! Smooth, comfortable and most efficient...number 1 among all pairing for now.
Tatra Blade 1 #Shave 3 with Gillette Empire Goodwill, another uncomfortable vintage but paired with blade...nicely comfortable and no issues at all. Good combo.
Tatra Blade 1 #Shave 4 with Gillette New LC was ok...not great. Very smooth for WTG & XTG but skipping during ATG...the razor head not able to clamp down more rigidly.
Tatra Blade 1 #Shave 5 with RR Game Changer.84-P SB was way way better compare to above. Blade is clamped so rigid. Smooth shave almost on auto-cruise. So comfortable! Perfect partners indeed!
Tatra Blade 1 #Shave 6 with
Yaqi Knight Helmet (very aggressive razor head) was ok...smooth and comfortable except during ATG...because the blade feel was very very obvious!
Conclusion...this is a good and smooth blade for me on most razors so proceeded and ordered the 100 Tatra Platinum!!

Thanks again to Space Cadet and Grundi otherwise won't know about this blade.

Ninth and last shave with a Tiger in my pre-WW2 Tech this morning. I usually quit at eight shaves, but the Tiger survived nine shaves. The first three shaves were fine in efficiency and results. Sharpness began deteriorating noticeably beginning with the fourth shav, and continued, shave-after shave, to the end. The sixth-through-ninth shaves couldn't be described as efficient. But ultimate results were close-to-BBS, and the process was still comfortable with no sign of nicks or irritation. It just took longer. My guess is that a more aggressive razor wouldn't solve the efficiency problem but would make the shaves less comfortable.

Next up will be a Tatra in my Tatara Masamune SB. I had tried a Tatra in the OC version with petty good results. I'll let you know how it goes with the SB.

In the meantime, thanks again to Grundi for a generous and interesting PIF.

Kit: Fatip Piccolo SE , Tiger Platinum (5) , Arko, Omega S10083 S-Brush Pro.

Well - I managed to wring an acceptable shave out of the blade today, but definitely not a DFS. The blade is exhausted and shall be disposed of - so that’s it for my trial of Tatra and Tiger Platinum. I like these blades a lot and will keep using them. If I had to choose a favourite then by the narrowest of squeaks the Tiger wins for me. Thanks again to Grundi for this great thread.

Ninth and last shave with a Tiger in my pre-WW2 Tech this morning. I usually quit at eight shaves, but the Tiger survived nine shaves. The first three shaves were fine in efficiency and results. Sharpness began deteriorating noticeably beginning with the fourth shav, and continued, shave-after shave, to the end. The sixth-through-ninth shaves couldn't be described as efficient. But ultimate results were close-to-BBS, and the process was still comfortable with no sign of nicks or irritation. It just took longer. My guess is that a more aggressive razor wouldn't solve the efficiency problem but would make the shaves less comfortable.

Next up will be a Tatra in my Tatara Masamune SB. I had tried a Tatra in the OC version with pretty good results. I'll let you know how it goes with the SB.

In the meantime, thanks again to Grundi for a generous and interesting PIF.

3rd shave this morning with my last Tatra from Grundi's generous PIF. With regret, I have to say that, for me, these blades just aren't sharp enough for pleasant, efficient shaves with the razors I prefer. With effort, I can get a good DFS, maybe even BBS, but it takes too many strokes and too much time. I'll try to get a few more shaves out of this blade in the interest of science, but I don't expect to use Tatras again.

100 Tatra Platinum arrived! Who's to take the blame for this...?? LOL...only myself!
20200708_124953.jpg

Thanks!

3rd shave this morning with my last Tatra from Grundi's generous PIF. With regret, I have to say that, for me, these blades just aren't sharp enough for pleasant, efficient shaves with the razors I prefer. With effort, I can get a good DFS, maybe even BBS, but it takes too many strokes and too much time. I'll try to get a few more shaves out of this blade in the interest of science, but I don't expect to use Tatras again.

OK. This morning, last shave with my last PIF blade (Elios, Tatra and Tiger). This was my 9th shave with a Tiger. Big contrast from my last two Tatras. These Tatras were so dull that they must have been defective or at least not representative. The last Tiger blade was effective to the very end. Sharp enough and very smooth. No nicks or irritation at all. Tigers will be candidates for future purchase.

Tomorrow morning, I'll shift gears and try a Feather for the 1st time in a long time.

Thanks once again to Grundi, for the generous PIFs of the Tatra, Tiger and Elios blades (also candidates for future purchase). It's been an interesting few weeks, shave-wise.

Top Bottom