Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
An old friend returns shave#42
IMG_20220703_140927.jpg

Razor: Muhle R41
Blade: Schick(42)
Soap: MWF
Brush: Big Omega Boar

Tonight I know it's MdC Monday, but I'm not going to change what works with this blade so I kept last night's setup. The MWF is amazingly slick and I can't believe I don't use it more. The R41 is really comfortable with this blade.
The shave was another smooth, close affair ending with another as close to a BBS as makes no difference finish. It is looking like I'll get at least a few more shaves from it and I am beyond the stage of being surprised by the performance of the Schick.
See you all tomorrow.

An Old Friend Returns Schick Super Stainless Vintage Blade Shave No. 9

Razor: Edwin Jagger DES89K Kelvin
Brush: English 'New Forest' Badger (Very Very Nice)
Soap: Arko! If You Must Know.

IMG_20220704_212949127.jpg

I wanted to pair the blade with the good old EJ 89K Kelvin, the 'shorty' of the EJ lineup.

Had a good 3 day+ whiskerism going, so this was quite a test for the blade.

Actually a completely uneventful and hassle free 3 passer, with no need for any additional pickups.

The blade got me to a DFS+ with BB jawline and chin/upper neck.

Excellent performance from this blade. A rather thin Arko! face lather maybe helped, but there was no clogging, absolutely no tugging or pulling noted. The blade took off well over 80% in the first pass. The rest was easy.

Still wonderfully smooth and with no apparent degradation of the edge.

An excellent blade helped pull off a great shave!

Well pleased.

Happy 246th Independence Day to all our United States colleagues!

Schick Blade #2, Shave #6

Razor: Henson AL13 Mild on a SS handle
Cream: Palmolive Classic with a touch of Cremo Cooling
Brush: Cheap no-name off of Amazon
Aftershave: AV Ice Blue

Another fine shave. I must be getting more efficient as afterwards my wife said, “Oh, you shaved. That was fast.” 😄

Schick Krona coated blade two, Shave #9

Razor:
Wolfman WR1
Brush: Shavemac beagle (bulb)
Soap: Fine platinum
Splash: Fine platinum

Comment: Nothing ‘special’ (for this old blade), just another fine 9.5/10 shave!! Terrific blade for sure!! :a29::a29:

Old Friend Shave #25 on Blade #1
Razor: Rockwell 6C, R4
Blade: Schick SS (25)
Brush: Omega Mixed Midget
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper
Soap: Stirling Baker Street
Aftershave: Bootleggers Green Freeze
Scent: Avon Wild Country

If these were still made, I think there might be a number of razor makers who would be hard pressed to stay in business. This is some blade!

393FB472-7FAB-4D50-B886-99D55EE797BB.jpeg

Last edited:
IMG_0286_1200x853.jpg

Fortieth shave with the Schick Super Stainless Steel (w/Krona Comfort Edge) (Vintage) blade #1

Razor
: Fatip Lo Storto Originale (aka FOCS)
Brush: Fine Accoutrements Stout (24mm Angel Hair)
Soap: RazoRock Santa Maria del Fiore

Another excellent outing by the Schick Super Stainless blade.

Now on its 40th use, I would have expected this blade to be showing some signs of decline, but it is performing as well as when it was new. Pretty darn amazing!

I'm especially leased with its performance on my XTG passes which have always been an issue due to the weird growth pattern of the stubble below my jawline. This blade just flies those areas without issue.

Another thing that I find impressive is the high efficiency displayed of this blade when matched with the FOCS. My three usual main passes are so close that I barely need to buff to achieve a BBS finish.

I've said it before, but it bears repeating: This could be the finest DE razor blade I've ever used in my life!

Vintage Schick Super Stainless Steel w/Krona Comfort Edge, Blade #1, Edge #2, Shave #3 (27 Overall)

Associated gear:

Timeless Aluminium
Maggard 2-band Badger
Haslinger Schafmilch

Nothing special to report. 3 passes, no buffing required, the end result was a BBS. It was a little harsher than with the Karve, but not hugely so. My face never was in any danger with this combo.

One blade, Two blade edges, 13 razors, 27 shaves and counting.

Proraso green soap
Simpson Trafalgar T3 brush
1965 Gillette Super Speed razor
vintage Schick Super Stainless Steel razor blade (12)
RazoRock King Louis Lavender aftershave

Two passes on face, three on neck. Face feels almost as if I did an ATG pass. Extremely smooth for two passes. Had to be a little gentle on the ATG pass on the neck. Result is a 10/10.

FF825EE5-F1F7-482F-8289-574D0BAE3A21.jpeg

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
An old friend returns shave#43
IMG_20220703_140927.jpg

Razor: Muhle R41
Blade: Schick(43)
Soap: MWF
Brush: Big Omega Boar

Tonight I kept the same setup as last night rather than change anything and risk a poor shave and was rewarded with yet another smooth, close and comfortable shave.
Now that I have used the MWF a few times it is generating an even better lather quicker. The R41 and Schick are an amazing team as I've said before the R41 is not my favourite razor, but the Schick seems to have tamed it.
The result was another smooth shave, not glass smooth but still very smooth. Tomorrow will be another Schick shave, it's not giving up yet.

Shave 4, blade 3

full

This was a very nice shave of several days growth. I still had bumps, but the blade left them undisturbed once again. Unfortunately, that's it for this blade. It's tugging too much and it tried to go into my skin several times so that's that. I guess I will return to the half blade I have left. I am still waiting for the address to send the remaining 2 blades...

Blade: Schick Super Stainless - blade #3, shave #8
Razor: Fatboy F-4
Soap: Williams
Aftershave: Aqua Velva
Brush: Antica Barbieria Colla - Boar

Excellent shave! Williams sure made a great tallow shaving soap, back in the day. The puck, razor and aftershave all date to 1960, my birth year.

Have I mentioned how impressed I am with the performance of these vintage Schick blades? :wink1:
IMG_2170.JPG

Last edited:
Schick Blade #2 Shave #18
Tools: Back to the Futur Razor, Cella soap & Plissoft brush.

Its time to Plow the Road Gentlemen. :w00t::tank:
Another fine no Drama DFS this A.M. :thumbup1:
I had to do some minor touch up in a few areas but thats normal for any Razor/Blade combo I use.
If the Schick blade were made today it would put those Rusky made blades out of business.:ohmy:

Schick Krona coated blade two, Shave #10

Razor:
Wolfman WR1
Brush: Rudy Vey B&B 2-band
Soap: Haslinger’s seaweed
Splash: Proraso red

Comment: 9.5/10 shave today: no-muss/no fuss!

With other blades I consider 7-10 shaves ‘longevity.’ This puppy is FAR from done!! Simply EXCELLENT!! :a29::a29:

Blade #1, Shave #26
Razor: Fatboy
Blade: Schick SS (26)
Brush: Ever Ready 100
Soap: Stirling Baker Street
Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Arctic Citrus

I’m not even thinking about this blade being done yet. Perhaps a bit less sharp that the first shaves, but still comfortable and efficient.

Schick Blade #2, Shave #7

Razor: Henson AL13 Mild on a SS handle
Cream: Proraso green
Brush: Cheap no-name off of Amazon
Aftershave: AV Ice Blue

Another no nonsense shave. At the very end I may have noticed some slight dulling, but not enough to bin it. Going for no. 8 in a day or two.

Vintage Schick Super Stainless Steel w/Krona Comfort Edge, Blade #1, Edge #2, Shave #4 (28 Overall)

Associated gear:
Timeless Aluminium
Semogue 740 Pure Badger
Haslinger Schafmilch

Nothing special to report. 3 passes, with a little buffing for clean-up, the end result was a BBS-.

One blade, Two blade edges, 13 razors, 28 shaves and counting.

Schick Super Stainless Blade #1, Head Shave #5

Razor:
Rockwell 6C with R6 plate
Brush: Parker Badger
Soap: Highland Springs Soap Co. Silence

Five shaves on a single blade is new territory for me. It's starting to show its age a tiny bit, with a little tugging on my 2nd XTG pass. Apart from that, it gave me a smooth, close, and comfortable shave. It still feels better than some brand new blades that I've used.

For shave #6, I think I'll strop the blade either on my palm or a leather strop to bring a bit of zing back to it.

Top Bottom