What's new

Participation PIF - An Old Friend Returns

The PIF Phase is officially closed!! We have 40 Participants!! All of the Schick Super Stainless Blades have been requested!! What an amazing response!! I'm working diligently to get the blades bundled up and mailed out!!

Everyone up to this post who has posted that You're In is In!! If you haven't sent me your mailing address, please send it!!

An Old Friend Returns - Participation Phase Begins!!

The Schick Super Stainless Blades are ready to be mailed!! I will mail all of them on my way into work tomorrow morning!! Any Participant with a CONUS Address should receive their blades starting in 3 days or so; Any Participant with an International Address should receive their blades starting in a week or so; and we're hoping that @Demolition will receive his before autumn!!

Schick_Mailing.jpg

A big Thank You to All who have signed up to Participate - @zacktracy, @Alum Ladd, @awk_m4, @JerseyBoy, @APBinNCA, @cwright, @Demolition, @TheBigL, @Balthier, @ewk, @BradWorld, @Mike M, @Filudo, @Ted A, @Benoni, @South Dakota Guy, @BigJ, @slimshavy, @fast shaver, @Weean, @Dominic, @bobmsp, @MountainBear, @Chard52142, @mikhou, @lancre, @FarmerTan, @RenoRichard, @PRobots, @borwish, @edw, @AnimalCatcher, @hugosf, @Seelector, @NorthernSoul, @hairless wonder, @Chad3, @pipskicks, @CJB3, and @Me !

A big Thank You to @Space_Cadet for supplying enough vintage Schick Super Stainless Blades for an excellent number of B&B'ers to Participate!!

Schick_2_Of_3.jpg

A Cautious Note for CONUS Participants: I ran out of my regular envelopes and made an emergency run to our local Walmart. The envelopes that I was able to get turned out to be disappointingly thin. As you can tell from the picture, the envelopes wrinkled as they went printed. I'm placing a huge amount of faith in our Postal Service that these will get delivered!!

Please make sure to let me know when you receive your blades.

My Schick Blades landed this A.M. :thumbup1:
Many Thanks to @Grundi & @Space_Cadet. :badger:
Schick Blade #1 Shave #1
Tools: Lupo Aluminum Razor, Arko Soap & Plissoft Brush.
Blades are double wrapped with a small amount of wax bumps.
This blade is the Best I have tried in a while. Its really sharp.:w00t:
Three smooth passes & done.:thumbup1:
Eat your heart out @FarmerTan as you will never get to feel the Rolls-Royce smoothness of a Superior Blade. :sneaky2:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
My Schick Blades landed this A.M. :thumbup1:
Many Thanks to @Grundi & @Space_Cadet. :badger:
Schick Blade #1 Shave #1
Tools: Lupo Aluminum Razor, Arko Soap & Plissoft Brush.
Blades are double wrapped with a small amount of wax bumps.
This blade is the Best I have tried in a while. Its really sharp.:w00t:
Three smooth passes & done.:thumbup1:
Eat your heart out @FarmerTan as you will never get to feel the Rolls-Royce smoothness of a Superior Blade. :sneaky2:
I deserved that indeed my friend!

But remember, we "incredibly handsome faced men" must stick together! As my good friend Mr. Samuel Clemens once told me years ago: "God must really love ugly people, because He made so MANY of them!"

Or ol' Sam may have said "dumb" or "homely" instead of ugly.....it's been a LONG time since I spoke with Sam.... I lost his number, and Operators are all useless Robots now! True story doggone!

You'll be glad to know that I received 5 of these blades myself in today's mail, or "post" as my several friends on the wrong side of the Pond say...
Don't ask them what's under their "bonnet", as they truly have NO idea. You'd think they cain't speak English doggone, the poor folks!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
@Chad3, @South Dakota Guy, @fast shaver, and the incredibly handsome-faced @FarmerTan are the first to report in that they've received their blades, and with @fast shaver having bravely tried one of these vintage Schick Super Stainless Blades, the Participation Phase is officially under way (and I get to try them, too)!!
Ya know, they don't call him @fast shaver for nuttin'!

Thanks again my friend for the blade delivery. And a huge "shout out" to @Space_Cadet for supplying these. I might get in trubble for blowing his cover, but in his duties as an international man of mystery, ol' Cadet travels the globe fighting crime, and him taking time out of his busy schedule lookin' for rare blades is a HUGE service to Badger and Blade, doggone!

Why put off till tomorrow what you can do today?
Blade #1: 1st shave
It’s sharp, real sharp. It’s smooth, real smooth.
I was going to shave tomorrow but wanted to try this one out. What a great shave out of the wrapper. The blade gave me two small nicks of my own fault, one on my Adam’s apple and one on ridge of jawline. That said no buffing and 🐬. Thank you @Grundi and @Space_Cadet for doing this. First one was awesome.
B1893DE5-58B0-4D4E-961B-7FC4EEB7EC83.jpeg

Top Bottom