What's new

GIVEAWAY! Participation PIF - A Tale Of Two Bridges

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Light Brigade shave 2

Paired it with a NEW Standard. Super sharp blade with an old school aggressive razor. Super close shave. Very smooth. But left some weepers. No biggie. No residual damage. They were gone before the splash went on.

2024-04-01 16.47.07.jpeg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member

IMG_0928.jpeg

Participation PIF: A Tale Of Two Bridges.​

Week four for me and shave number two on my second use of the Chinese London Bridge Super Stainless blade. Today’s shave was okay, I did have some red blotches on my cheeks for a little while and a fair bit of sting when I applied my Alum Block. The shave was close, very close and I am hoping that this blade settles down and gives me the same shaves that I achieved with my first try of this blade.

Razor: DS Cosmetic T7 RR aluminum handle
Blade: London Bridge UK blade #1 shave #5
Brush: Turn N Shave Ghost 👻
Soap: A&E Peach & Cognac
Aftershave: A&E Kaizen

Really good shave. Blade has really good longevity for me feels like it still has several more I would guess 8/10

Wilkinson made in England #3
RR Lupo DH
head and face shave
SV
Trader Joes antioxidant
2+ passes, smooth shave.
Used some alcohol splash, no burning.....put some balm. There was no blood nor burning.
3hrs later I looked in the mirror....one 7mm scab on one cheek, washed it , applied some Sciptic pen, then washed (no blood), then went out. Back 4 hrs later and now 2 scabs......well the power of aspirin...... This is the first time I have had delayed bleeding (it wasn't much) but still, not easy to stop.

Cheers.

Thank you, I appreciate that.... These are strange injuries though , I mean of all my other injuries I have had in the past ( both combat and Civilian related ) I think this has hurt probably the worst , And possibly for the longest of any of my previous ones. I mean I know we take movement for granted and when we lose some of that it makes things difficult. I am lucky though as I know I will hopefully be able to get better from this and it is NOT quite as scary as one other injury I had when i was younger which had me completely petrified .. I once was injured and it was with my eyes and for a few weeks I had to have patches over my eyes and the only time I could take the patches off was to put this ointment stuff in them and it had to be completely dark when the patches were off and the cream was put on, so for several weeks I was BLIND and I think that was probably the most scary thing ever as I had to learn some stuff just to be able to function in total darkness.. One example is pretty simple and is a question for all of you about something very common , How many steps is it to your bathroom from your bed to your toilet just to use the bathroom and is / are there any objects in the way to get there ? chairs, tables, plants , etc ... I mean simple stuff like that that we take for granted... Well anyway, thanks again for the well wish,I appreciate it a lot......
Hope you're feeling better soon!

Hope you're feeling better soon!
Thank you. I appreciate that.... I had to take my little girl to her scheduled doctors appointment today though so I have not been able to go back about myself yet but as soon as I can hopefully they will decide on the course of action for me. Right now im stuck using voltaren and some other creams and taking tylenol and ibuprofen to deal with it...

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member

IMG_0952.jpeg

Participation PIF: A Tale Of Two Bridges.​

Week four for me and third shave on my second dig with the Chinese London Bridge Super Stainless. I gave myself a weeper this morning, on my left cheek closer to my mouth. I also had a few red spots on my cheeks and jowls. This time around this blade is not preforming as I had hoped. I still have four shaves to go as I am determined to get my usual seven shaves per blade. I really hope that tomorrow is much better than today.

Blade: Light Brigade (UK)
Razor: YPM Winning V2
Mug: Green Rubber Marvy
Soap: Vintage Williams (AKA "Old Willie")
Brush: Semogue SOC Boar
Post-shave: Thayers Toner WH, Nivea Men Sensitive PSB

I took a day off from shaving and had a 48 hour between shaves. Today's shave result was similar to Monday's with the London Bridge, as it felt a little harsh in process but finished beautifully. Since the Winning is a bit more aggressive than the Aristocrat Jr. I've been using with this blade, that wasn't a surprise.

Today's result: BBS with no drama.

Blade: Light Brigade (UK)
Razor: YPM Winning V2
Mug: Green Rubber Marvy
Soap: Vintage Williams (AKA "Old Willie")
Brush: Semogue SOC Boar
Post-shave: Thayers Toner WH, Nivea Men Sensitive PSB

I took a day off from shaving and had a 48 hour between shaves. Today's shave result was similar to Monday's with the London Bridge, as it felt a little harsh in process but finished beautifully. Since the Winning is a bit more aggressive than the Aristocrat Jr. I've been using with this blade, that wasn't a surprise.

Today's result: BBS with no drama.
If you'd like to try a puck of Marvy in that Marvy mug of yours, just let me know and I'll send one out to you. I have plenty. :)

IMG_4483.jpeg

Blackland Era 4SB
vintage English London Bridge (3)
Wald A1 Nimbus
Southern Witchcrafts Gothorum Tonstrina
Stirling unscented glacial balm

Continuing on my Tour de Razors I Haven't Used In A Long Time with the vintage London Bridge in my Blackland Era 4SB. Not as tuggy in the Era, but when I got to the tougher areas, it still had a hard time hacking through them. Got a couple of weepers on my soul patch, then a few more at the end under my chin and jawlines. End result: DFS+, significant alum feedback, mild tightness under the jawlines.

I need a good reason to bin a blade before 4 shaves. I can't say I love this blade, but it’s ok, so I'm not ready to bin it yet either.

Orange blade shave 8 (I think)
Ti 1.65 WR2
B&M Melange
Wasn’t paying attention on Monday and got bit pretty good on jawline. Made sure I was paying attention this time.
Other than the spot purposely missed, very good shave. Keep going on Friday.

Top Bottom