What's new

Part 2 - The Partial Zamack Solution

I guess I missed part one? What are these shortcomings of non zamak razors that you are speaking of? Any razor (zamak, brass, stainless, etc) can be flawed from a design standpoint. But from a material standpoint brass and stainless just work and last almost indefinitely without any special care.

Edit: I found part I. Of course any razor can break if you drop it. That proves nothing. The fact is stainless and brass is just a more durable material in use in a wet environment like a razor. Zamak isn't bad. It's just not as durable as those 2. Not even close. It may last for years but it often doesn't even with good care. If some want a razor they have to baby or paint the threads that's their choice.
Agreed. One person has problems doesn't mean all do.

It is different I will say. As the OP I threw out a thought on something that worked for me. I wasn't expecting the nastiness and outright hostility that many of you displayed. Then the silliness continued from there. This has changed my opinion of b and b members quite a bit.

Don't worry about it. I don't mind zamac at all - we have stainless, brass, plastic, aluminum, and zamak. It's just another material. Many items in our household are Zamac - we just don't know about it.

It is different I will say. As the OP I threw out a thought on something that worked for me. I wasn't expecting the nastiness and outright hostility that many of you displayed. I'm aware that many of you may not be aware of what auto body scratch repair paint is and I know I didn't explain it's durability as well as I should have but my premise was simple. If you have a razor with plating that will corrode because the overlying plating's integrity has been breached and you wish to prevent that then here is a durablemethod to do so.
I certainly didn't expect the first response essentially be buy brass razors. Then the silliness continued from there. This has changed my opinion of b and b members quite a bit.

I think the automotive paint is a terrific idea! One I never would have thought of in a million years.

I don’t personally use a zamac razor daily, but three have a place in my den. All three give me great shaves and I expect they will last decades with limited use and great care. I treat all my razors with utmost care whether it be Ti, SS or zamac.

Thank you for the feedback and novel approach to solving a potential problem!

Top Bottom