What's new

Parker Variant: Any Good?

I got a variant with graphite finish. Adjustable DE have always been my soft spot (except the futur, it s like shaving with a wrench)

2 shaves so far and i am enjoying this razor a lot the shave i get at settings 2 and 3.

Now i want to buy a progress! It s also my first parker razor and it did not disappoint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The comments here were enough to make me go out and get a Variant in the satin finish. Haven't used it yet, but it feels nice and substantial at 110g.

I have two, a black handle and a silver version. The black handle color is coming off but Parker made it right. They have discontinued the black handle version for now.

They are great shavers. I have several vintage Gillette adjustables including a Fatboy, Slim and Super Adjustable 109 and Merkur Progress. The Variants shave as good as all these and I sometimes think the Variants shave better.

I am very pleased with mine and as @BigPete said " I have no need or desire to buy another razor".

I thought the same thing about my Variant until I got a Feather AS-D2.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I got a Parker TTO by PIF. Is this close?

I used it only one time. I had to keep twisting it to make the blade steady.

But I would rather use some other razor.

I tried the Parker Variant for the first time last week, and I was blown away by how good the shaves were. The first morning was on Level 2, and I got a very smooth, very comfy, BBS shave. The next day I tried a progressive approach, starting on Level 2 and working up to Level 5. Even better. So then I shaved for a couple days just on Level 5 and had some of the best shaves ever. Really glassy-smooth BBS results that lasted a long long time. The shave seemed as close as I get from the 2013 Muhle R41, but a lot more comfortable. Each shave was with the same Personna Med Prep blade and SV Dolomiti soap. This might be the most "efficient" razor I've used -- matching high comfort with extreme closeness.

I tried the Parker Variant for the first time last week, and I was blown away by how good the shaves were. The first morning was on Level 2, and I got a very smooth, very comfy, BBS shave. The next day I tried a progressive approach, starting on Level 2 and working up to Level 5. Even better. So then I shaved for a couple days just on Level 5 and had some of the best shaves ever. Really glassy-smooth BBS results that lasted a long long time. The shave seemed as close as I get from the 2013 Muhle R41, but a lot more comfortable. Each shave was with the same Personna Med Prep blade and SV Dolomiti soap. This might be the most "efficient" razor I've used -- matching high comfort with extreme closeness.

I completely agree. I'm actually rotating between my Variant and Feather AS-D2 to see which one gives a closer/ more comfortable shave. I will say that the Variant gives me an absolutely smooth BBS EVERY time. The Feather, in my limited experience with it, provides just as smooth and close of a shave... it just takes much more work. I can get a first rate BBS with only two passes on the Variant.

Top Bottom