What's new

Parker SRX Cutthroat

I have had my Parker SRX for a while now but I have not used it as much as I planned to do ;)
I have used my Dovo SS Shavette more often.

Anyway, yesterday I took my SRX for a spin, loaded it with half a Muhle DE blade.
It was a really nice shave, two days of hard, soon 58 years old, silver grey stubble and the SRX/Muhle cut through it like butter.

The only downside to this Shavette is the slippery handle when you have wet and soapy fingers, but a few strokes with the alun block cross the fingers it's all good to go.
And I guess I have not used it as often as my Dovo because Dovo has a better balance and it is not as slippery.

Wow, what a shaver! I just whisked off 3 days with a Polsilver and it felt like butter. Lovely! It is a tad finicky loading the blade though. Only con.
I have the same. After a couple of times changing the blade you get the feeling for it

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
I'm having some good luck but it's very early days. I feel like I'm getting closer to the knack, but some days I struggle.

"Just keep bangin' the rocks together," as it says in the Hitch-Hiker's Guide series...

O.H.

Top Bottom