What's new

Parker Silvertip ----- any love among my B&B friends ?

Hello Gentlemen .....
A very snowy day here in Upstate New York, so a perfect time to get on-line and buy another shave brush (LOL !)
Do I need another brush ? Absolutely not ! Do I deserve another brush ? Yes indeed ! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
I currently enjoy six synthetics (3 Yaqis, 1 Stirling, 1 RazoRock, and 1 Trafalgar T2) and seven badgers (3 Finest,
2 Best, 1 Mistura, and 1 Manchurian White,) and am considering adding a Silvertip (or High Mountain White) to my
collection. Yes, I know that I can spend $ 125 - $ 150 on a lovely Rudy Vey or Elite Razors brush, but am thinking
of spending $ 60 - $ 70 and am looking at the Parker Silvertip.
Any opinions from my B&B friends on this Parker brush ? Let me know. Thanks.

Last edited:
You can fetch a Silvertip or HMW from Larry @ Whipped Dog for less than $50 usually and save a couple bucks in the mean time!! There are times that I wish I'd have kept my Silvertip but it would seem the synthetics won out for me...

I use a Parker Silvertip every day, only other brushes I've used is a lower price boar and a mid price synthetic. My Parker works great, very little sheading and easy load. I face lather, one 30-45 second load enough for 3 pass shave.

The Parker silvertip brush is a decent brush and reasonably priced. The HHST model was my first badger brush. However, due to the diameter, loft, and density of the brush, I find it to be more floppy than I like. This brush has a 22 mm knot. Some models have 20 mm knots. I tend to prefer 24-26mm knots for a little more backbone.

Since I find the brush to be somewhat floppy, I reserve it for use with creams, croaps and soft soaps and use other brushes (larger badgers, horsehair, boar and synthetic) for harder soaps.

PXL_20220118_025230026.MP.jpg
Mine was gifted to me and I absolutely love it!

I had a chrome handle one, 20mm knot 65mm loft, after using it for years the knot slipped out of the handle and I reset it in a everready handle and sunk it to 50mm loft, now it's the softest and densest brush I have and has some backbone, it's quite floppy stock or at least they were ten years ago.

Hello Gentlemen .....
A very snowy day here in Upstate New York, so a perfect time to get on-line and buy another shave brush (LOL !)
Do I need another brush ? Absolutely not ! Do I deserve another brush ? Yes indeed ! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
I currently enjoy six synthetics (3 Yaqis, 1 Stirling, 1 RazoRock, and 1 Trafalgar T2) and seven badgers (3 Finest,
2 Best, 1 Mistura, and 1 Manchurian White,) and am considering adding a Silvertip (or High Mountain White) to my
collection. Yes, I know that I can spend $ 125 - $ 150 on a lovely Rudy Vey or Elite Razors brush, but am thinking
of spending $ 60 - $ 70 and am looking at the Parker Silvertip.
Any opinions from my B&B friends on this Parker brush ? Let me know. Thanks.
I have the chrome handle one. Love it. Very happy with this purchase.

Top Bottom