What's new

Parker Semi Slant, why use it?

I have a Parker Semi Slant as well as a Meckur 37C and an ikon B1 slant. My go-to of the three is the 37C but I find all of them to be very similar, the Parker may be a little more forgiving of poor technique. My go-to blade is Astra SP for a daily shave but I've used Feather and others in them. Voskhod work well. I think the Parker would be fine for a first slant for someone that has some previous DE experience.

I got a Semi Slant shortly after Parker introduced it. At the time, nothing could beat my Techs., but it did give a comfortable shave.
More recently I got one of the Yaqi Slant heads cheap. It shaves best with a lighter weight handle. Guess I'll have to try the Parker Semi Slant with a lighter handle to see if it shaves even better. I do like the Parker handle, though,

I got a Semi Slant shortly after Parker introduced it. At the time, nothing could beat my Techs., but it did give a comfortable shave.
More recently I got one of the Yaqi Slant heads cheap. It shaves best with a lighter weight handle. Guess I'll have to try the Parker Semi Slant with a lighter handle to see if it shaves even better. I do like the Parker handle, though,
How does the Yaqi Slant compare to the Parker Semi Slant? I just ordered the Yaqi slant head (how could I not for about $5), but am still interested in the Parker. I guess RAD is kicking in, damn you B&B! :straight:

The Yaqi Slant does an impressive job for a cheap razor head. Performance for the price is surprising, but it shaves best with a light weight handle. I have Gillette Tech Fat Handles, and even the ugly RazORock Teck hollow handles, and they both work great. I still get a good shave with any of the machined, clunky, good-looking heavy stainless handles, but the light weight handles still contribute to a much smoother shave.

I had a first shave, 3 passes with a shiny new Razorock G37, afterwards I could still feel some fine stubble rubbing ATG.
A 4th pass ATG still wasn't BBS. Took the same perma sharp blade out and put it into the Parker ATG pass - Buttering toast sound and BBS. Shinier isn't always better....

I had a first shave, 3 passes with a shiny new Razorock G37, afterwards I could still feel some fine stubble rubbing ATG.
A 4th pass ATG still wasn't BBS. Took the same perma sharp blade out and put it into the Parker ATG pass - Buttering toast sound and BBS. Shinier isn't always better....
👏🏼👏🏼

Top Bottom