What's new

Parker Platinum Blade Review

First shave today with the Parker Platinum blade this A.M. It impressed me with the smoothness & medium sharpness. It reminded me of a Lab Blue blade & not a Derby Premium. I received a DFS with no nicks. Its a most pleasant blade for my medium beard type. I used a Yaqi Cobbed razor. Its not a top tier blade but, worked very good for me. I don't think it will work for heavy beard types although I could be wrong.

First shave today with the Parker Platinum blade this A.M. It impressed me with the smoothness & medium sharpness. It reminded me of a Lab Blue blade & not a Derby Premium. I received a DFS with no nicks. Its a most pleasant blade for my medium beard type. I used a Yaqi Cobbed razor. Its not a top tier blade but, worked very good for me. I don't think it will work for heavy beard types although I could be wrong.
Nice review!! I was GIF'd some Parker blades and they worked fine on my coarse beard, got 4 decent shaves from them.

Thanks Guys! I also found out that they are not re-branded blades by anyone. So, that should put the Derby question to rest.

Well, then who makes them? Sharpologist says they're made in Turkey and there ain't but one maker there.
Mantic59 " I do not know if they own the factory but I do know they are not re-branded, they are made to Parker specs." Hope this clears things up some on the Derby being the same blade.

I’m on blade 4 in a 5-pack of these. It’s in a prewar Tech. I’ve also tried them in an ATT S1, an ATT Windsor M and an iKon 102. My beard is light-to-medium. My usual go-to blades are Gillette SBs, Polsilvers and German I usually get 8 shaves per blade.

Bottom line: These blades are very smooth and uniform, with good-enough longevity. But they’re not sharp at all. It takes extra time for me to get a close shave, and there’s an occasional nick in the process. Maybe they would be more effective in an aggressive razor, but I don’t own any of those.

I have an unused 5-pack, but I don’t see myself using them anytime soon. There are too many alternatives that work better for me.

To me, they are nice, smooth blades, but not as sharp as the equally smooth Astra SP.

They are most definitely not rebranded Derby Premiums, as I don't find DP to be smooth at all.

I'm going to give these razor blades a shot. I currently use Feather and really like them, but want to be open to the Parker Platinum blades. If they are not as sharp but cut well, I may end up with less cuts?

I had my first shave with the Parker platinum blade with a 2 day growth and I had a great experience with them. Will report back after a week.

My experience with the Feather blade is if I shave with it one day and then wait a week later and use it again, it scrapes my face and it hurts that i can't use it. I dont know if every blade does the same thing.

I bought these blindly about 6 months back and have been generally pretty happy with them. I have about 6 blade brands in use at our house and do far the only one I’m not a fan of is the Nacet. I have noticed one issue with these Parker blades and my kit, they are just not a comfortable shave in a GC.68. They do however work great in the GC.84, R41, and a slew of vintage Gillette’s. I would be curious to learn where these fall in line with the sharpness of other well known blades.

Top Bottom