What's new

Parker Model 84 Reveiw

Jim,

The 1940s Super Speed is very highly recommended as a first razor. The Merkur also, although I started with both and quickly gravitated to the SS, finding it easier to use as a newbie.

Actually, if you are interested, I think I still have a spare 40s SS lying around I'd be glad to send you, if you wanna try it out, before buying anything. Not real perfect cosmetically, but totally shaveable. Just let me know.

Shane

Enjoyed reading your review Brian, well done.

I have to say I myself purchased this very same razor off e-bay and was very pleased with the quality of the shave it gave BUT found great difficulty getting the blade to sit symmetrically on the head.This in turn exposed the blade more on one side thus not giving a pefect shave.

Did you experience the same problems

Regards Alan

D

dtb

I picked up one of these parker 84's this past week. It came with some 7AM blades. The resulting shave with the razor and blades was super... The razor is fairly light weight, which seems to make it nimble and incredibly easy to shave with. It has a nice balance -- the head is a little aggressive though.

I'm always impressed with these simple 3 piece razors. I always loved the 3 piece Gillettes that came before the TTOS. This razor reminds me alot of those classics in it's feel and shave.

Top Bottom