What's new

Parker jotter XL

This pen for me is how the Parker jotter should have been. I don't think I've got huge hands but the jotter has always been a little on the small side for me, especially with the glossy barrel. Any how. I got this jotter XL for less than £10 Inc postage and I chose the grey colour.
It comes in the standard Parker jotter card package with the XL on the front and a standard Parker medium blue refill fitted. I changed this out for a kaweco black fine roller ball as I prefer black and it just kinda works in this jotter. IMG_20190201_113644760_HDR~2.jpg

Here it is in the flesh and out of the box. Barrel colour is a little darker than the pic and it has a rough surface, possible Parker now dealing with the slippy gloss barrel.IMG_20190201_113736052_HDR~2.jpgIMG_20190201_114033945.jpg

Side by side with a standard jotter and you can see it's bigger, both length and width. Parker say 7% but to my eye it seems more.

IMG_20190201_114100855_HDR.jpg IMG_20190201_113953405_HDR~2.jpg

For me this pen really sits well in my hand. I've done a good hours note taking and some sketching with no finger strain at all. I switched to the slim model and there it was, finger strain. May be it's my old hands but the XL fits and works a lot better.

If you find one, grab it. It's a Parker jotter that's been beef'd up.
It comes in, I think 3 or 4 standard colours here in the UK. Grey, blue, black and green or white (sorry not sure)

So far a decent pen nothing special but well worth the tenner I spent.

Attachments

• IMG_20190201_113813603_HDR~2.jpg
    IMG_20190201_113813603_HDR~2.jpg
    675 KB · Views: 37

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
Ten pounds? That is a ball point pen. Fountain pens are the big thing at B and B.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Excellent review and pics thanks for posting. I wasn't aware of a new jotter. I couldn't tell from the pics but where is it made?
i have several jotters, including a few anniversary editions. I am also constantly looking for the perfect refills so ill check out the brand you mentioned.

I've double checked the packet and it appears to be made in either France or Switzerland as the packet says procuct of Newell Europe Switzerland.

Ten pounds? That is a ball point pen. Fountain pens are the big thing at B and B.
Hi I use both but have to use bp's for work. Just thought I'd let you all see whats new in Parker land. By the way Kaweco is my favourite brand for both FP and bp.

I've double checked the packet and it appears to be made in either France or Switzerland as the packet says procuct of Newell Europe Switzerland.
Both my jitters say France or UK on the pen

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Nice pickup!:thumbup1:

Just speaking for myself, I’m more into ballpoints that write and work for you than fountain pens that sit in drawers. You do you, brother!

Update.

Well its gotten through a couple of refills with no problems at all. Its been dropped on the floor in the theatre, scrub rooms and locker rooms and shows no ill effects. Works still as smooth as the day it arrived. I've put it up against my other fave bp the kaweco long special both are good to use but the parker seems easier to just use straight out of a scrubs pocket.

There's no problems with fit,finish or mechanism on this bp and its well worth the coin. For me this is the size a jotter should have been for us bigger fellas.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Thx for the follow-up! Recently noticed that staples had a collection of new colors but not the xl

Top Bottom