What's new

Parker Injector vs Supply - help me pick one

Been looking at both of these as a a way of getting back into single edge shaving. Till now the only SE I have is a NOS Persona '74 injector, which is starting to rust because I left a blade in too long, doh!

From what I've read the Supply blade dispenser has a key with differing dimensions to other dispensers (Persona/Schick etc.) - does this mean the supply will only take Supply type blades? I don't tend to like razors that only work with proprietary blades, pretty much like modern cartridge "systems" in my mind. If it will only work with its own blades then the high cost isn't justified IMO. Having said that it does look nice, and has a good hefty weight, but the blade issue is quite a definitive issue for me. Obviously it is adjustable, but do the extra base plates come with the razor or are these an extra cost?

With the Parker, I assume this can be used with most all 'standard' SE blades? From what I read here the Parker is quite mild, even on the higher settings. I usually prefer a more aggressive razor, but quite like using a mild razor with an aggressive blade, so if the Parker had this versatility I would be pretty much sold.

Also, is it possible to remove the blade and leave the Parker razor 'empty' i.e. without screwing up loading of the next blade? I'd like to be able to travel with this (checked luggage, of course) and don't like the idea of throwing it in a wash bag with a blade loaded.

Thanks guys,

R

If you can wait till Feb, head over to Kickstarter and get the early bird price on either the Supply SE or Pro. If not, I would get a vintage. In fact I have a vintage, but the adjustable has gotten too high for value so I backed the Supply Pro. There shouldn't be any proprietary keys. They have new blades out that are made in Japan.

I'm currently using the Parker. So far it's the only injector that's worked for me. I've used personna, Schick twin and currently the Schick B20 blades and all have been pretty good. The twin needed to be cranked up to 4.5 / 5 but was still comfortable. As for price the Parker is way cheaper than the cheapest of the supply range.

From what I've read the Supply blade dispenser has a key with differing dimensions to other dispensers (Persona/Schick etc.) - does this mean the supply will only take Supply type blades?
The Supply will work with all brands of Injector blades.
Obviously it is adjustable, but do the extra base plates come with the razor or are these an extra cost?
They originally did not, but I am pretty sure they do now.
With the Parker, I assume this can be used with most all 'standard' SE blades?
Yes, if you mean all standard injector blades.
Also, is it possible to remove the blade and leave the Parker razor 'empty' i.e. without screwing up loading of the next blade?
Not really. You could load a blank blade into an empty injector body and inject that into the razor.

I have Parker v1 and Supply v2. Because of the different design of the guard, their operation methods are completely different.

If you like the blade to directly touch the skin, Supply can meet your needs. Its guard is almost useless, and it is the same on the gentlest 1-point board. Another advantage of Supply is that it can take down the base plate to load the blade without going through the keyhole, so you don't need to worry about blade chooses.

Parker now has a more aggressive v2 version. Parker's guard can work well when you use a steeper angle. Compared with the old Schick M type, Parker has less blade exposure and adjustment range. Schick M type is also a good choice according to your needs, it can also use twin blades (if you can get them).

If you like Riding the cap, Supply has a thicker cap, but you have to pay attention to the angle because the useless guard. This also proves why they will launch an SE version in the future.

According to your needs, I would suggest Schick M type>Parker v2>Supply v2>Parker v1.

I don’t have a supply. But I do have the Parker v1, and the schick M1. I love them both. I have a fairly thick beard and enjoy mild to medium razors with very sharp blades. I don’t find the Parker to be too mild. On four or five it cuts through 3+ days of growth which for me is pretty thick stubble. True it doesn’t feel aggressive. But the razor plows through. That said, I enjoy the M1 a little more. I find the shave a tad smoother. Four or five on the M1 is about the same as 4-5 on the Parker. But tge M1 had more aggressive settings if needed.

Not sure what you picked, but I had absolutely no luck with the Supply razor even with Schick injector blades. Parker has a reputation for poor quality. Go with another option altogether IMO.

Top Bottom