What's new

Parker Heavy Duty SRX

I am about to place an order for one of the Parker SS Heavy Duty SRX razors and was curious if anyone on the forum currently uses one. Any input is appreciated.

I have one. I like the heft of it compared to the Parker PTB. Its got a bit less blade exposure than the PTB, so it is a little bit more mild I guess you could say

Attachments

• 20180827_173739.jpg
    20180827_173739.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 80
I am about to place an order for one of the Parker SS Heavy Duty SRX razors and was curious if anyone on the forum currently uses one. Any input is appreciated.
Looks like I'm late to the party. Twelvefret, did you get an SRX? I've been shaving with one for a couple weeks now... love it!

@Twelvefret , this is something I've been contemplating and would also like to know. My barber said he used a Parker and really liked it but didn't say which one.

I've had the SRX for some time... finally steeled my nerve to learn its use a couple weeks ago, and have now put away the DE. I still have quite a supply of Feather DE blades, though (LOVE those things!) and am rather disappointed that Feather doesn't offer something in the shavette department that can take those. The Feather shavettes look awesome, and I've heard only good things about them.

That being said, the SRX is the only shavette I've used. The one I have seems just fine in the fit/finish department, and I've learned to shave with it without blood or irritation, and already almost as fast as with the DE. But as with so many things: accuracy first. Speed will come.

Top Bottom