What's new

Parker DE Blades?

I decided to give the Parker DE blades a try. Since I have a Parker 96r DE razor, I thought that pairing them up would be a good idea.

Thoughts? Opinions?

I have not used the Parker 96r, but I have used the Parker Premium Platinum Stainless Steel DE blades in my Rockwell 6s (using the R3 plate) as well as with my Maggard Razors Standard V3 razor head paired with a Maggard Razors MR16 handle. With both razors, I found the Parker blade to be grabby and did not yield a pleasant shave for me. I wound up switching to my Parker Adjustable Injector razor after the first pass to finish the shaves.

Aren't they Turkish Derby blades ?

So many better blades on their home country, India.
The problem with the Parker business model is that their primary target is USA and EU only and prices are set with profit margins which can be tapped from those markets with low manufacturing costs of India. That is a huge profit margin.

Therefore, for the India market, their razors are a huge markup over competition products at nearly equal or sometimes less acceptable quality. They started selling them online only a few years ago,nothing through offline retail.

In the same light they sell Parker blades as well in India through an exclusive single channel on Amazon.

Parker is not a recognized or popular brand in India nor do they make efforts towards that. Pearl and other companies are hugely popular and prices are also in line to the local market..

Who wants to buy Parker premium blades which are imported rebranded for 15 dollars a hundred when we have better offerings which are literally dime a dozen. Even imported Feather blades cost lesser here than Parker.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I have a tuck and have used a blade or two ... if memory serves, it was a sub par experience.

Last edited:
Here's an idea - send me a PM with your mailing information & I'll send you some blades to try. Finding a blade you like can be a time consuming task. I'll send you a dozen or so blades of various makes that are considered good blades for you to try in your Parker 96.

Here's an idea - send me a PM with your mailing information & I'll send you some blades to try. Finding a blade you like can be a time consuming task. I'll send you a dozen or so blades of various makes that are considered good blades for you to try in your Parker 96.
I don't know how to send a PM.

The problem with the Parker business model is that their primary target is USA and EU only and prices are set with profit margins which can be tapped from those markets with low manufacturing costs of India. That is a huge profit margin.

Therefore, for the India market, their razors are a huge markup over competition products at nearly equal or sometimes less acceptable quality. They started selling them online only a few years ago,nothing through offline retail.

In the same light they sell Parker blades as well in India through an exclusive single channel on Amazon.

Parker is not a recognized or popular brand in India nor do they make efforts towards that. Pearl and other companies are hugely popular and prices are also in line to the local market..

Who wants to buy Parker premium blades which are imported rebranded for 15 dollars a hundred when we have better offerings which are literally dime a dozen. Even imported Feather blades cost lesser here than Parker.
Not totally on topic but related:
When I started DE shaving I started buying Parkers, Merkur's etc.. (The typical lower cost razors sold here in the USA).
I even had a Pearl Flexi (but didn't favor adjustables!)
The Indian made razors were the highest quality without a doubt (In that price range). The German Merkur's were the worst!
Now I have what are considered higher cost/quality razors but the only one I kept out of the lower cost ones is the Parker 97R. The 97R is Parkers "under the radar" version of the Merkur 34C and it's fantastic!
Build quality, tolerances etc., are superb. It's what the 34C should be. And it has the right amount of blade gap/feel which the 34C lacks. It's smooth and way more efficient. Just wanted to share my love for that razor!:)

Note (in case anyone saw it for sale last week): I listed the 97R as sold on the BST but I actually withdrew it to keep it! I copied and pasted "sold" from another sold razor and didn't notice. My error!
I backed out from selling it when I realized that it would have been a mistake, LOL!!

Last edited:
Not totally on topic but related:
When I started DE shaving I started buying Parkers, Merkur's etc.. (The typical lower cost razors sold here in the USA).
I even had a Pearl Flexi (but didn't favor adjustables!)
The Indian made razors were the highest quality without a doubt (In that price range). The German Merkur's were the worst!
Now I have what are considered higher cost/quality razors but the only one I kept out of the lower cost ones is the Parker 97R. The 97R is Parkers "under the radar" version of the Merkur 34C and it's fantastic!
Build quality, tolerances etc., are superb. It's what the 34C should be. And it has the right amount of blade gap/feel which the 34C lacks. It's smooth and way more efficient. Just wanted to share my love for that razor!:)

Note (in case anyone saw it for sale last week): I listed the 97R as sold on the BST but I actually withdrew it to keep it! I copied and pasted "sold" from another sold razor and didn't notice. My error!
I backed out from selling it when I realized that it would have been a mistake, LOL!!

The three piece razors with brass handle and the zinc head have improved a lot in quality compared to earlier days, however their prices in India are 3x of competition which are equal if not better than the Parker. I have three of their TTOs and they are stunning to look at but each one has a blade canting issue. One side shaves more aggressive than the other. To be fair in this front no one in India has got their TTOs right.

The Gen 1 94R with the industrial handle and an insane blade gap is a phenomenal razor. I still own it, almost 10 years on, even if the chrome has become slightly yellow with age and dull. I have the new later generation improved and slightly milder heads than the Gen 1. They are excellent. No doubts.

The screenshot from Amazon India illustrates my point

safety razor search.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom