What's new

Parker adjustable injector ?

Had my first shave with this razor. Actually my first shave with any injector. I used the bade that was pre loaded.
After about 2 1/2 passes which which were pretty rough going, I decided to ditch the preloaded blade and load a fresh blade from the holder. The shave seem to improve measurably. However I couldn’t get a good read as I had almost completed my routine. That said, I like The look and feel of the razor, and hope that future shaves are improved with the fresh blade. I’ll keep you posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2nd try
face shave
PAA Doppelgänger
With the grain I almost rode the bar.....seemed more aggressive this way, it was OK'ish
Against: I just did like riding the cap till it engaged...... riding the bar against was not good (didn't cut much).

So this try was better, it's a run of the mill shave, I do get better shaves w any Schick, any of my
DE or even a 2 bladed cart.....
Setting was 5 and I did use some pressure (which I don't except w carts).
this is not good for me.......wasted $$

I bought one off a gent who only used it once. My new razor arrived yesterday (I know, not new new, but I still call my car new when I buy it and it is sold as new, even though some other schmucks test drove it!) (Not that this other guy is a schmuck, just saying).

This morning was my first shave. I did one cheek on level 2, then moved the dial to 3 for the rest of the shave. I am very pleased! Smooth, and refreshed, easy to find best angle for me, and nimble where needed, like under the schnozz. I think 3 may be comparable to the Karve A plate. Time will tell.

I used the bade that was pre loaded.
After about 2 1/2 passes which which were pretty rough going, I decided to ditch the preloaded blade and load a fresh blade from the holder.

Had my full first shave with the razor with a fresh blade loaded, as opposed to the one that came preloaded per my previous post. Huge difference. I had 2.5 - 3 days growth, which for me means a good deal of rough stubble. I have to say, I got a very good shape.

Did a WTG close to 5, XTG at 3 and some touch ups near 2. Definitely DFS and close to BBS in parts. A quick and quite comfortable shave with no weepers. The blade didn’t have that “warm knife through butter” feel as as with my best DEs. But the shave was easier than even a mild DE, smoother than my gem style razors if not quite as close. I also doubt I could get away with 4 days growth. But 2-2.5 days is also the limit for a close shave for some of my mild razors, such as my favorite razor, the feather AS-d2 or the OneBlade Genesis. And two days growth is my limit for a cart.

Again, this is my first injector I’ve owned. And I get way why people like these system. I like this razor. If you, like me, don’t have an injector and are confused by all the choice of vintage models, the Parker is a nice choice. I look forward to getting to know the razor more.

Question: Blade question for those more experienced. I tend to like sharp blades with mild to medium razors. With DE’s I use only feathers. Don’t know how the blades that came with the Parker compare to others.

Had my full first shave with the razor with a fresh blade loaded, as opposed to the one that came preloaded per my previous post. Huge difference. I had 2.5 - 3 days growth, which for me means a good deal of rough stubble. I have to say, I got a very good shape.

Did a WTG close to 5, XTG at 3 and some touch ups near 2. Definitely DFS and close to BBS in parts. A quick and quite comfortable shave with no weepers. The blade didn’t have that “warm knife through butter” feel as as with my best DEs. But the shave was easier than even a mild DE, smoother than my gem style razors if not quite as close. I also doubt I could get away with 4 days growth. But 2-2.5 days is also the limit for a close shave for some of my mild razors, such as my favorite razor, the feather AS-d2 or the OneBlade Genesis. And two days growth is my limit for a cart.

Again, this is my first injector I’ve owned. And I get way why people like these system. I like this razor. If you, like me, don’t have an injector and are confused by all the choice of vintage models, the Parker is a nice choice. I look forward to getting to know the razor more.

Question: Blade question for those more experienced. I tend to like sharp blades with mild to medium razors. With DE’s I use only feathers. Don’t know how the blades that came with the Parker compare to others.
Nice review. As to your blade question, Schick Injectors are the sharpest injector blade.

Had my first shave with this razor. Actually my first shave with any injector. I used the bade that was pre loaded.
After about 2 1/2 passes which which were pretty rough going, I decided to ditch the preloaded blade and load a fresh blade from the holder. The shave seem to improve measurably. However I couldn’t get a good read as I had almost completed my routine. That said, I like The look and feel of the razor, and hope that future shaves are improved with the fresh blade. I’ll keep you posted.

All injecgtors come with a "pre-loaded blade" -- which is a dummy blade that is contained in the razor to prevent damage.

Obviously, this dummy blade is intended to be discarded.

All injecgtors come with a "pre-loaded blade" -- which is a dummy blade that is contained in the razor to prevent damage.

Obviously, this dummy blade is intended to be discarded.

Ha! That explains it. Makes sense.

Reactions: abj
Hmmmmm....I'm on the third shave with that pre-loaded blade and the shaves are great. I can't imagine them getting much better than this! LOL It does make me wonder which end of my razor has the dummy!

The Schick Injector in the yellow package is the sharpest injector blade on the market. The Tatonic (rebranded Personna's) are a step below the Schick's.

A question for those who’ve been using the Parker injector and who also have a Schick M adjustable...how does it compare?

It would be great to not have to worry about trying to find a decent backup on the M (my favorite injector) later on down the line.

If you shave with your M wide open then I think you will find the Parker less aggressive. I personally am very happy with the Parker on 4.5 with a chick blade.
I agree. The Schick is more aggressive since it does have more settings. If you like mild razors and only use your Schick in the lower settings then the Parker will be a good backup.

A question for those who’ve been using the Parker injector and who also have a Schick M adjustable...how does it compare?

It would be great to not have to worry about trying to find a decent backup on the M (my favorite injector) later on down the line.
Check post 43 nd 65

I have used mine many times now for face shaving (head was a fiasco). I use is set at 5 , have minimal blade feel and the result of a 3 pass shave is not as close as the Schick adjustable. I do have some residual burning.....maybe because I do push a bit with this one to get a better shave.....all others I don't. Chick blades. My 2 cent advice: to all that have vintage Schick razors, don't waste your money in this one. To those that want to experiment w single blades but don't want a Schick...., this might be a good start in the single blade ordeal....

I have used mine many times now for face shaving (head was a fiasco). I use is set at 5 , have minimal blade feel and the result of a 3 pass shave is not as close as the Schick adjustable. I do have some residual burning.....maybe because I do push a bit with this one to get a better shave.....all others I don't. Chick blades. My 2 cent advice: to all that have vintage Schick razors, don't waste your money in this one. To those that want to experiment w single blades but don't want a Schick...., this might be a good start in the single blade ordeal....
Correct...this injector razor does give a slight burn.

The Supply injector gives a much more efficient shave -- and with no burn.

For what it's worth, here's my opinion on the Parker Adjustable Injector. It is a mild razor which is good for those who only use the Schick Adjustables on the lower settings. For those who use the Schick on the higher settings, it's not going to please you. I keep thinking it's a good backup, but overall the Schick Adjustables offer more adjustments and can be more aggressive when needed. For those wanting to sample an injector and don't want to spend a large sum of money or don't like to purchase used shaving equipment then this would be your razor to try. I have not tried a Pal Adjustable so I cannot speak to the similarities in shaving, but the Parker does look like the Pal but it has the Schick head. I have tried the Schick "Chick" and Schick Twin blades in the Parker and for me the blades that came with it work better. I personally am on the fence if I am going to keep the Parker. It was nice to try a new injector that has an adjustable feature but I just don't think it's a good backup for a Schick Adjustable. I have a M2 and M3 Schick and am always looking to find a nice M1 Schick.

Top Bottom