What's new

Parker adjustable injector ?

I shaved with mine this morning.

1) the shave is ** exceptionally** comfortable. The razor seems to glide while cutting, especially at low settings as there is practically no razor drag at low settings
2) for the price point of 32 dollars including 20 blades, this thing is a screaming bargain
3) blade alignment is perfect / spot on
4) The difference in feel between shaving on 1 setting and a 5 setting is very noticeable. The 1 is extremely mild. The 5 approaches a moderately aggressive DE razor.
5) the precision of the adjustment mechanism seems flawless
6) I would definitely say this seems like of the Schick and Pal Razors based on photos I've looked at.

I'd say this razor given the price point this razor is 9.75 out of 10. I might like a little more weight to the razor, but overall it is a no-brainer. I'll be using it often and would buy it again.

20201126_101634.jpg

I injected a new blade for this first shave because I couldn't be sure of the one placed by the factory. This did not go smoothly but the fault could lie in the injector I used which was already in a fiddly state. The first pass was on setting 3 and it felt mild, kind of like a type L. For the remaining two passes I used setting 4, which feels like the sweet spot for me. At that setting it felt much like a type G. I give Parker high marks for this razor. This is the razor that I had been hoping Schick would come out with. If you have been considering an injector but don't like used razors this just might be what you need!

Razor: Parker Adjustable Injector
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Rudy Vey Badger & Blade 2020 Group Buy #4/30
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Bay Patchouli Grapefruit
Aftershave: Proraso Green Splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

View attachment 1187640
I injected a new blade for this first shave because I couldn't be sure of the one placed by the factory. This did not go smoothly but the fault could lie in the injector I used which was already in a fiddly state. The first pass was on setting 3 and it felt mild, kind of like a type L. For the remaining two passes I used setting 4, which feels like the sweet spot for me. At that setting it felt much like a type G. I give Parker high marks for this razor. This is the razor that I had been hoping Schick would come out with. If you have been considering an injector but don't like used razors this just might be what you need!

Razor: Parker Adjustable Injector
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Rudy Vey Badger & Blade 2020 Group Buy #4/30
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Bay Patchouli Grapefruit
Aftershave: Proraso Green Splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

Is Schick Type M more efficient on the higher settings than the Parker?

I tried the Parker today. Just for the record: I have 2 Schick adjustable and +-12 others nonadjustable. Like them all, some give better shaves than others.
Attempted a head-shave using the Schick adjust vs Parker.....but I could NOT get the Parker to shave. It just jumped, tried different angles where I can see and nothing. Changed the blade and put a new Schick -chick. Did half head w Schick adjust and had to grab a DE for the other (I was DONE w Parker).
Face: DR Harris+RRN400
started Parker at 4 vs Schick at 6. Schick was closer. Repeated that WTG pass as the 1st was subpar (this might have been the first time I have to do that). Then across and finally against.
Both were set at Max for last pass. There is a lot more blade feel w Schick razor and it shaves closer. No cuts , bleeding nor much irritation.
I am disappointed w this first experience w Parker..... Might need to experiment another day. Maybe it's an angle issue, but doubt it.
It's equivalent to using a Muhle89 vs a RR OC 0.84... I still have some thick hair to shave and that is the reason I like the rigid SE blades. Now I can go :em18::em1500:, or better yet: sleep. Very frustrated...let down. (4 passes and still some stubble )
PXL_20201128_053915718.jpg
PXL_20201128_053857537.jpg

Last edited:
I tried the Parker today. Just for the record: I have 2 Schick adjustable and +-12 others nonadjustable. Like them all, some give better shaves than others.
Attempted a head-shave using the Schick adjust vs Parker.....but I could NOT get the Parker to shave. It just jumped, tried different angles where I can see and nothing. Changed the blade and put a new Schick -chick. Did half head w Schick adjust and had to grab a DE for the other (I was DONE w Parker).
Face: DR Harris+RRN400
started Parker at 4 vs Schick at 6. Schick was closer. Repeated that WTG pass as the 1st was subpar (this might have been the first time I have to do that). Then across and finally against.
Both were set at Max for last pass. There is a lot more blade feel w Schick razor and it shaves closer. No cuts , bleeding nor much irritation.
I am disappointed w this first experience w Parker..... Might need to experiment another day. Maybe it's an angle issue, but doubt it.
It's equivalent to using a Muhle89 vs a RR OC 0.84... I still have some thick hair to shave and that is the reason I like the rigid SE blades. Now I can go :em18::em1500:, or better yet: sleep. Very frustrated...let down. (4 passes and still some stubble )
View attachment 1187871View attachment 1187872

I have exactly the same M type razor ( I think it's M3?) and your info is very helpful for me. If both razors shave the same or the Parker is less efficient I don't see any point of getting one even though the price is great.

I shaved with mine this morning.

1) the shave is ** exceptionally** comfortable. The razor seems to glide while cutting, especially at low settings as there is practically no razor drag at low settings
2) for the price point of 32 dollars including 20 blades, this thing is a screaming bargain
3) blade alignment is perfect / spot on
4) The difference in feel between shaving on 1 setting and a 5 setting is very noticeable. The 1 is extremely mild. The 5 approaches a moderately aggressive DE razor.
5) the precision of the adjustment mechanism seems flawless
6) I would definitely say this seems like of the Schick and Pal Razors based on photos I've looked at.

I'd say this razor given the price point this razor is 9.75 out of 10. I might like a little more weight to the razor, but overall it is a no-brainer. I'll be using it often and would buy it again.
I am totally in agreement with this. Mine arrived yesterday. I tried it today. Not alignment of the blade was necessary and I began with the adjustment set to the middle (three). Since I'm retired, I hadn't shaved since Monday so the beard was pretty heavy. The first pass (WTG) removed most of the stubble, the second pass (ATG) removed the rest of the stubble but you could still feel some beard there so I tried adjusting the razor to the maximum (5). Great shave with no nicks or cuts and extremely comfortable. I was using the sample of the cream that the seller provided and I like it a lot. There's enough scent there that I can smell it even with my cold. Since this razor is definitely a keeper, I've ordered a leather case for it and two bottles of their shaving cream....lavender/lime and bar rum. This is my goto injector razor now, even over my Schick M. If you are even considering trying an injector, for the price (or less) of a used Schick or Pal, you can get this brand new with blades and a sample of that great cream)!

I am totally in agreement with this. Mine arrived yesterday. I tried it today. Not alignment of the blade was necessary and I began with the adjustment set to the middle (three). Since I'm retired, I hadn't shaved since Monday so the beard was pretty heavy. The first pass (WTG) removed most of the stubble, the second pass (ATG) removed the rest of the stubble but you could still feel some beard there so I tried adjusting the razor to the maximum (5). Great shave with no nicks or cuts and extremely comfortable. I was using the sample of the cream that the seller provided and I like it a lot. There's enough scent there that I can smell it even with my cold. Since this razor is definitely a keeper, I've ordered a leather case for it and two bottles of their shaving cream....lavender/lime and bar rum. This is my goto injector razor now, even over my Schick M. If you are even considering trying an injector, for the price (or less) of a used Schick or Pal, you can get this brand new with blades and a sample of that great cream)!

The shave cream is a winner. I also have the Lavender/Lime shave cream in the pump bottle. Makes a viciously good and thick protective lather with very good slickness & residual. A very extremely underrated shave cream.

Well, the Schick Twin II fit in the Parker Injector without a single hitch. If you ask me, the Twin II is the best injector blade out there, bar none. The Razor next to the Parker is the Gillette Twinjector razor and is my favorite injector razor of all. The blade in the Gillette is the very first blade installed from the keyed pack and is still shaving as if it were brand new, roughly about 20 shaves in with it. Let’s see if the Schick Twin II can put some ooomph into the Parker and make it a more efficient razor while keeping it’s inherently smooth nature. Tomorrow morning for sure......

9C28F19F-6036-42E5-B2EC-4CB338FDB690.jpeg

54037ADA-F201-4F77-B32D-CFAEC926F7AF.jpeg

F20A44B8-B78B-4097-BD80-DB1F95B6069C.jpeg

6C2F676B-BCE9-4F00-ADDD-D5BAD7460F4B.jpeg

Well, the Schick Twin II fit in the Parker Injector without a single hitch. If you ask me, the Twin II is the best injector blade out there, bar none. The Razor next to the Parker is the Gillette Twinjector razor and is my favorite injector razor of all. The blade in the Gillette is the very first blade installed from the keyed pack and is still shaving as if it were brand new, roughly about 20 shaves in with it. Let’s see if the Schick Twin II can put some ooomph into the Parker and make it a more efficient razor while keeping it’s inherently smooth nature. Tomorrow morning for sure......

View attachment 1187983
View attachment 1187984
View attachment 1187985
View attachment 1187986
Will be anxious to read your results. I too like the Twin II blades, but am rationing the cartridge I have since they are so hard to find and so expensive. So far I am impressed with the Parker. It may not have all the adjustments of the Schick M, but is a nice daily driver, IMO.

So, I shaved with mine this morning. The razor is well-built, no issues there. Loaded a fresh "Chick" blade from a brand new cartridge in it, because that's what I am failiar with. The grip is good. The plastic part is contoured, as opposed to the more triangular-shaped PAL Adjustable. It's also textured as opposed to Pal and Schick-style grooved plastic. Basically, it's harder to ding and scratch, which was PAL's biggest problem, but it's less grippy as a result.

The adjustment knob is much bigger than PAL's and that's both good and bad. Good, because it's much more functional. PAL's knob is hard to grab, even if you have small hand. But PAL wins in terms of aesthetics - it's a more handsome razor of the two. There is a lot more metal on the PAL head, compared to Parker and on PAL it "spoons" the plastic underneath; Parker doesn't do that - its "heel" is actually plastic - it's not covered in steel like PAL's. Therefore, Parker is noticeably lighter, less head-heavy, but it's fast and nimble. Very easy to shave with.

And there is my main problem with it: at first it didn't shave at all. And when I say that, I really mean it: did not shave AT ALL. Then I opened it completely (setting 5) and basically held it at almost 90 degrees to my face and then it started shaving and was still fairly mild. I don't quite get it, but I'll try again. I tried shaving my arm with it a little, but again, it was hard to get it to shave at all. It has to be the razor, except if the fresh blade is completely dull, but how likely is that?

I'll keep trying to see if I can get a good shave with this one, because I really do like the design and the price is unbeatable for a brand new stainless steel Injector. But so far, my PAL shaves MUCH better than this, under any angle, on any setting.

So, I shaved with mine this morning. The razor is well-built, no issues there. Loaded a fresh "Chick" blade from a brand new cartridge in it, because that's what I am failiar with. The grip is good. The plastic part is contoured, as opposed to the more triangular-shaped PAL Adjustable. It's also textured as opposed to Pal and Schick-style grooved plastic. Basically, it's harder to ding and scratch, which was PAL's biggest problem, but it's less grippy as a result.

The adjustment knob is much bigger than PAL's and that's both good and bad. Good, because it's much more functional. PAL's knob is hard to grab, even if you have small hand. But PAL wins in terms of aesthetics - it's a more handsome razor of the two. There is a lot more metal on the PAL head, compared to Parker and on PAL it "spoons" the plastic underneath; Parker doesn't do that - its "heel" is actually plastic - it's not covered in steel like PAL's. Therefore, Parker is noticeably lighter, less head-heavy, but it's fast and nimble. Very easy to shave with.

And there is my main problem with it: at first it didn't shave at all. And when I say that, I really mean it: did not shave AT ALL. Then I opened it completely (setting 5) and basically held it at almost 90 degrees to my face and then it started shaving and was still fairly mild. I don't quite get it, but I'll try again. I tried shaving my arm with it a little, but again, it was hard to get it to shave at all. It has to be the razor, except if the fresh blade is completely dull, but how likely is that?

I'll keep trying to see if I can get a good shave with this one, because I really do like the design and the price is unbeatable for a brand new stainless steel Injector. But so far, my PAL shaves MUCH better than this, under any angle, on any setting.
We both have the same issue, for a minute I thought I was crazy as all others say it's the "bomb".

This mornings shave is in the books and a fairly good one. I installed the Schick II Twin blade into the Parker and set it to the max 5 setting just to see if a better quality shave could be attained. For my personal findings, mission accomplished. But, it was not an eye opener or a significant improvement in the Parkers ability to cut hairs with more tenacity or effectiveness. The first thing and perhaps the most important of this mornings shave experience was just the actual improvement on blade feel on the face. The standard blades issued with the Parker might be plenty good for many but, for those that felt it a bit lackluster, the Schick II Twin takes the Parker to another level of cutting & shave comfort. The pairing worked to about as good a shave that one could hope for in a razor that was designed to be mild and easy to use. It was a DFS finish in 3 good passes with some touch ups all around to get there. A bit more work yes but, the inherently mild & smooth nature of the Parker and Schick combo practically eliminating any potential creation of irritation or discomfort. I mean, you can literally run this razor around your face without fear of causing discomfort/irritation, unless of course someone suffers from some sort of acute skin condition. Barring that skin condition issue/sensitivities, it’s nearly impossible to cut oneself or arise the red skin inflamed brigade. Not is all perfect though as I still did not feel as deep and close a shave that I’ve experienced with other razor formats & blades. Not saying that the Parker will not cut close for some, it just doesn’t cut close enough for me as I still felt the slightest of stragglers along the tougher spots. I’m a BBS chaser and that is my fault, not the razor itself. My curse is that I’m driven to achieve the best result possible that I can possibly attain. The Parker & Schick Twin II did an admirable job of getting me smooth for the most part without an ounce of discomfort, nics or weepers to speak of. And for many, that’s what it’s ultimately all about. Comfort and a fine feeling shave. I think the Schick “Chick” Proline-B blade will perform just as good if not better than the Twin II. The Schick brand of blades are just a superior performer above the other injector blades out there currently available. Pick a Schick, grab the Parker and if you enjoy smooth, comfortable without putting to much thought into your morning, evening or shower shave, the Parker Injector Adjustable just might be your ticket for a smooth looking/feeling mug........

1F636B52-FFE7-4C10-BE44-AC018EA1EC06.jpeg

This mornings shave is in the books and a fairly good one. I installed the Schick II Twin blade into the Parker and set it to the max 5 setting just to see if a better quality shave could be attained. For my personal findings, mission accomplished. But, it was not an eye opener or a significant improvement in the Parkers ability to cut hairs with more tenacity or effectiveness. The first thing and perhaps the most important of this mornings shave experience was just the actual improvement on blade feel on the face. The standard blades issued with the Parker might be plenty good for many but, for those that felt it a bit lackluster, the Schick II Twin takes the Parker to another level of cutting & shave comfort. The pairing worked to about as good a shave that one could hope for in a razor that was designed to be mild and easy to use. It was a DFS finish in 3 good passes with some touch ups all around to get there. A bit more work yes but, the inherently mild & smooth nature of the Parker and Schick combo practically eliminating any potential creation of irritation or discomfort. I mean, you can literally run this razor around your face without fear of causing discomfort/irritation, unless of course someone suffers from some sort of acute skin condition. Barring that skin condition issue/sensitivities, it’s nearly impossible to cut oneself or arise the red skin inflamed brigade. Not is all perfect though as I still did not feel as deep and close a shave that I’ve experienced with other razor formats & blades. Not saying that the Parker will not cut close for some, it just doesn’t cut close enough for me as I still felt the slightest of stragglers along the tougher spots. I’m a BBS chaser and that is my fault, not the razor itself. My curse is that I’m driven to achieve the best result possible that I can possibly attain. The Parker & Schick Twin II did an admirable job of getting me smooth for the most part without an ounce of discomfort, nics or weepers to speak of. And for many, that’s what it’s ultimately all about. Comfort and a fine feeling shave. I think the Schick “Chick” Proline-B blade will perform just as good if not better than the Twin II. The Schick brand of blades are just a superior performer above the other injector blades out there currently available. Pick a Schick, grab the Parker and if you enjoy smooth, comfortable without putting to much thought into your morning, evening or shower shave, the Parker Injector Adjustable just might be your ticket for a smooth looking/feeling mug........

View attachment 1188342
I also shaved this morning with the Parker Adjustable with a Schick II Twin Injector Blade. My experience was yes it was a smooth shave, but I had to do additional buffing to get a really good shave. Thinking I will go to the Schick "Chick" blade and try that. With the Ted Pella's (Personnas) I feel I got a better shave than with the Twins, which surprises me as I love the Twins in my other injector razors. I guess it's the user's preference as to what works best.

I also shaved this morning with the Parker Adjustable with a Schick II Twin Injector Blade. My experience was yes it was a smooth shave, but I had to do additional buffing to get a really good shave. Thinking I will go to the Schick "Chick" blade and try that. With the Ted Pella's (Personnas) I feel I got a better shave than with the Twins, which surprises me as I love the Twins in my other injector razors. I guess it's the user's preference as to what works best.

It is what it is. YMMV and all that stuff. In the end, its what works for each individual as there are no 2 faces alike.

Happy shaves.... :thumbup1:

So, on my second shave, I was able to find the correct angle, and got a better shave. Overall, I find it a bit too mild for my face, but I can see how this would work as a "daily driver" for people who like Injector razors. I don't think it brings anything new to the table compared to my (also stainless steel) PAL Adjustable Injector, but fortunately I did not spend a lot of money on it, so it's all good. I was thinking about selling it (razor - used twice, box, instruction card, two full cartridges and a surprise bonus item) to someone who wanted to jump on the sale but it was already sold out. If you're interested, please find my post in the Buy-Sell-Trade section of the forum.

Top Bottom