What's new

Parker adjustable injector ?

I will preface by saying, for those having great shaves with the Parker V2, carry on. You must've received a good one.

As for me, I jumped into injectors with two purchases, a Parker V2 and a vintage Schick I type (hydro-magic).
My first shave with the Schick was amazing... very close and smooth. As for the Parker, I was leery from the beginning due to what looks like an uneven blade gap or spacial difference between the lower guard and cap. The gap appears greater at the front left and becomes worse as I increase the gap via adjustment.

Sure enough, rough and uncomfortable shaves with the Parker. They aren't even in the same ballpark. It bothers me how the lower guard on the Parker is not a solid piece all the way across, but of course it can't be because that's the part that the adjustment knob moves as you turn it. Below are the two heads compared - Schick G vs Parker V2. Hopefully the uneven gap shows in the Parker photo:

View attachment 1320504

View attachment 1320505

Before injectors, my experience was cartridge, then DE followed by AC shavette and straights. Lately, I'm back to my DEs and injectors. As for straights and shavettes, there was somebody else in the forum who posted that preparing for a shave should feel fun and enjoyable, not like I'm girding for battle. I concur. To each their own though, some blokes love it.

As for injectors, if my only experience had been the Parker, perhaps I would've been disappointed with injectors. For me, the vintage Schick was the far better choice. They are abundant and fairly cheap on the auction sites and as a result of my first great shaves, my collection has grown to 2 hydro-magic, an E, G and I type (non-hydro) and just added a PAL injectomatic. If I was dead set on new and modern, then I'd spring for the Supply w 3 dot plate. I don't own it but those whose opinions I trust speak highly of the shave quality. For me, I just can't get past the form factor, preferring shorter handles on my injectors and DEs.

cheers
I have the Parker V1 and, yes, the safety bar can move out of alignment but, on the V1 at least, it can be moved back into alignment.
In your photo of the V2 the large plate below the safety bar with the round hole punched in it is attached to the safety bar. Try moving the bottom of that plate from side to side and it should move the safety bar back into alignment. If that doesn't work then, yes, the razor is defective.
I have also found when putting in a new blade that the blade does not always seat itself on the two guide post at either end of the blade. This too can be realigned by reinserting the key into the head and using a Q-tip or something like that to push the blade into place.

While I do not have these problems with any of my vintage injector razors I still feel that the Parker Injector Razor is a step in the right direction. There are many new DE razors out there that can't even come close to a vintage Gillette Super Speed but that doesn't stop makers like Parker from trying.

In your photo of the V2 the large plate below the safety bar with the round hole punched in it is attached to the safety bar. Try moving the bottom of that plate from side to side and it should move the safety bar back into alignment. If that doesn't work then, yes, the razor is defective.
I have also found when putting in a new blade that the blade does not always seat itself on the two guide post at either end of the blade. This too can be realigned by reinserting the key into the head and using a Q-tip or something like that to push the blade into place.

I'm going to have to try this because something definitely seems wrong. I'll try moving the bar. Also, the blade not sitting correctly, i can't get mine to sit on both guides. The left side is always up in the air so I move the right side up so it's at least even. Could be the bar is causing the misalignment. Here's hoping.

I thought I would follow up on my previous post and let you all know what I wound up using to travel with my V1 Parker Adjustable Injector razor on a recent trip. I found that a razor travel case I had from back when I used cartridges worked well for traveling with this razor. I just snapped the cover on the razor and dropped it in my dopp kit. I had no issues at all.
IMG_20210830_204359217.jpg

Quick follow up to let people know that I contacted Super Safety Razors to ask about a replacement and they were all too happy to help. I received the replacement and it feels completely different. I guess the original one was a rare defect that occasionally sneaks through. Bottom line is Parker stood behind their product and just made a lifetime customer out of me. 👍

I’m going to start by saying this. I do not use the Parker Adj. Injector very often and to be honest I have other razors that do an equal and even better job of giving me the shave results that I chase. Having said that, I will admit that this razor is stupid easy to use and is nearly nic proof even for the most careless, non common sense using shavers on the planet. I mean literally, one would have had to have been born on an isolated island nowhere near modern day civilization and I’d still believe that individual with no prior shaving experience whatsoever could in any way shape or form cut or draw blood upon themselves with this razor. Well, let me qualify that statement. If one is a complete idiot or buffoon, anything is possible and even though I can not see it happening with this razor, there’s always that 1% or 2% that can and will prove my statement wrong. Blame it on Murphy’s Law. If there’s a moron involved, all bets are off.

All kidding aside ;), I pulled out the Parker and proceeded to have one of the easiest and mild feeling shaves in quite some time. I shaved yesterday evening with my ATT SE1 and that was a very efficient shave that produced a world class BBS result. So, this morning was extremely light stubble and a shave wasn’t absolutely necessary but, who we kidding here? I need to get through a century’s worth of shave soap. The Parker got rid of my light yet pesky whiskers in 2 ATG passes and some extensive buffing on the chin and around Sir Adam. No irritation, nics, cuts or weepers anywhere. I’ve probably used the Parker perhaps 12 -15 times in the nearly 3 years that I’ve had it. And of those shaves at least 10-12 of them have been with the Schick Twin II blades. It’s still on the first set that I’ve installed back in 2020. Phenomenal blade and life. Still feels as if it were the very first shave. Definitely in my top 3 shavers in terms of smoothness, ease of use & feel on the skin. My OneBlade gives me more blade feel and I consider that razor to be autopilot. The Parker Adjustable Injector is even easier.

For the individual that can careless about supreme cutting performance and just want an easy comfortable shaver without any fuss or muss, this is one of them. Light hair growth shavers and those that grow whiskers/stubble that is not thick or dense will more likely than not achieve really good shaves with this tool. Also, for those that see shaving as a chore and requirement for work purposes and what have you will find this an easy and smooth go to shaver for a respectable & presentable look on a daily basis. It’s super affordable and blades are more than adequate to perform the job though, I will say if one can grab a hold of those Schick Twin II bonded injector blades, they are gamechangers in any injector they can fit in and work wonderfully in the Parker.

Great shaves to all….

274AF9B6-71A0-4D39-9140-FB58025AC2C5.jpeg

When inserting a Chinese Schick blade key, it bent the Parker v2's front bar outwards on one side, away from the side support. I thought it was broken but it popped back in with a push, and there were no alignment issues. User error, funky key, razor design flaw? As to the shave, no matter the setting it just didn't cut. I prefer mild, but at least cut. In any event I didn't enjoy this particular razor experience and no longer possess the item.

In comparison, my Schick N3 works like a charm.

When inserting a Chinese Schick blade key, it bent the Parker v2's front bar outwards on one side, away from the side support. I thought it was broken but it popped back in with a push, and there were no alignment issues. User error, funky key, razor design flaw? As to the shave, no matter the setting it just didn't cut. I prefer mild, but at least cut. In any event I didn't enjoy this particular razor experience and no longer possess the item.

In comparison, my Schick N3 works like a charm.

It is what it is. The Schick N3 is working for you and that's all that matters.

Happy shaves, amigo.....:straight:

I have been very happy with my Parker Injector v2. I consistently get smooth and trouble free shaves with it. So far I have tried the Parker(Personna) blades which work pretty well and lasted for a long time (20 shaves/blade). Currently I am using a Schick Proline B-20 blade which seems super smooth but still delivers a nice close shave. The Parker was my first Injector razor and I liked it so much it motivated me to acquire several Schick Injectors which I really enjoy using.

Top Bottom