What's new

Parker 99r vs 87r?

I have parker 99r,while its good razor,its little heavy and agressive,depends on blade in it.Is 87r less agressive?I was thinking of getting 87r too,as its copy of gilette super speed....im not sure if i need 87r,or i should be looking for vintage superspeed?

Parker's razors that share the same head (TTO/Safety Bar/Open Comb) shave the same. They have different handles which results in different weight, handling and feel, but that alone might not make a huge difference. You can get one with a lighter handle, but the razor head is going to feel exactly the same - which, basically, is close to the vintage Gillette Red Tip. Their short handles are excellent, that's for sure.

Last edited:
For what it is worth, I really enjoy my 87r and I would agree, it is almost equal to a Red Tip. I find the 87r very smooth and it gives a great shave with most of the blades I have tried. Even the Derby Extra worked well in it. I also think it is just a darn nice looking razor. I like the short handle and the balance is perfect for me.

Top Bottom