What's new

Parker 94r aggressiveness opinion?

Just wanted to get a few thoughts and opinions about the aggressiveness of the 94r?

Im currently using a Muhle R89, I'm getting great shaves with it however I feel I need something a bit more aggressive as I have more coarse and hard beard whiskers. I didn't want to jump straight to the R41 as I'm still relatively new to this way of shaving and am still perfecting technique.

From what I've read about this razor I feel its a little more aggressive than the R89 and am willing to give it a shot.

Any thoughts would be great!

The Parker 94R 3-piece razor is more aggressive than the Muhle R89. However it's a nice smooth shaver. The new 3 piece Parker heads generally have good QC.

I have the Gen. 1 from a decade ago when Parker heads were notoriously aggressive. Not so with the current heads. Very refined.

The 94R handle is one of my favorites. It will not slip from your fingers even if your fingers are covered in grease.

On a side note - why not a CNC milled full stainless steel razor like the Razorock Gamechanger .84 SB or Lupo .72? The price is higher, but the build quality and the eco system of plates is another level. Many will chime in and aggressive it's the best value for money stainless steel razor in the market.

Beats zinc heads like Parker, Muhle or otheds by a long shot tight tolerances and durability for life. Just my 2 cents.

I think all of the Parker 3-piece heads are the same and only the handles are different. I have a 26c and I find it underwhelming. Too mild to be effective (for me), very much like the R89. I wouldn't recommend one as an upgrade to the R89.

I think all of the Parker 3-piece heads are the same and only the handles are different. I have a 26c and I find it underwhelming. Too mild to be effective (for me), very much like the R89. I wouldn't recommend one as an upgrade to the R89.
I had three heads in 26c. Chrome on head and black coating on handle started flaking after 3 to 4 years. :(

I had three heads in 26c. Chrome on head and black coating on handle started flaking after 3 to 4 years. :(
To be fair they are a very cheap razor made in India. I'm not denigrating Indian engineering, they do have space and nuclear programmes after all, but it's not yet a very affluent home market.

To be fair they are a very cheap razor made in India. I'm not denigrating Indian engineering, they do have space and nuclear programmes after all, but it's not yet a very affluent home market.

Well I am from India and only partly agree to you in terms of affluent home markets.

However the story of affluent home markets in wet shaving has a twist.

Parker has traditionally focused on the international markets only and started selling their products in India at dollar prices sensing that spending power for buying global products at dollar prices has increased phenomenally.

Pearl on the other hand, another Indian maker makes great razors.

Indian wet shaving market is a tricky one where a giant like Gillette failed. Face stubble and beards are historically an accepted look rather than clean shaves.

Most Indian blades are sold in saloon packs. Local stores and pharmacies hardly sell DE blades. The products labeled "saloon packs" are primarily targeted at barber shops where shavettes are used.

Most of barber shop customers come in for beard shaping and grooming, rather than a shave.

Today by economy and growth of affluent markets, India is perhaps the fastest growing, with most global brands opening shop. It's next only to China in growth of this affluent market.

Apart from wet shaving, cosmetics and apparels have burst through the roof in offering up market products. These are not necessarily just western fashion.

Old school products like an Indian apparel called "Saree" are hand woven and cost upwards of $500. Such markets are booming.

I personally disapprove of Parker due to their ethics of conducting business, which does exactly what you mention, create this image.

Last edited:
The Parker 94r razor is one of my favorites and I have used many different types of razors. All Parker 3 piece razors do not have the same head. The models 94r and 97r are slightly more aggressive than the others. They give a great shave and I recommend them highly.

Last edited:
The Parker 94r is definitely more aggressive than a R89 head razor and build quality is excellent. I believe the 94r has a stainless steel handle and a brass head and plate. Definitely worth a try for not a lot of outlay.

The Parker 94r is definitely more aggressive than a R89 head razor and build quality is excellent. I believe the 94r has a stainless steel handle and a brass head and plate. Definitely worth a try for not a lot of outlay.

The handle is not stainless steel and the head is not brass but still it is a great razor especially at the price of about $28.00.

You might want to take a look at the Parker semi-slant. Although I won't call it more aggressive than the R89, I would say that it is more efficient.

I have the Parker Super Heavyweight 91 R razor which I suspect has a head similar to the 94R. I much prefer using the semi-slant to the Parker 91R or the Muhle R89 when shaving my tough beard.

I find the Parker to be very similar to the R89 - not very effective, can't get a clean shave and clogs up too easily.

It's certainly a good price and seems nicely made, I just can't get on with the way it shaves.

Goatrope

Eccentric and destitute of reason
Just wanted to get a few thoughts and opinions about the aggressiveness of the 94r?

Im currently using a Muhle R89, I'm getting great shaves with it however I feel I need something a bit more aggressive as I have more coarse and hard beard whiskers. I didn't want to jump straight to the R41 as I'm still relatively new to this way of shaving and am still perfecting technique.

From what I've read about this razor I feel its a little more aggressive than the R89 and am willing to give it a shot.

Any thoughts would be great!

@AusShaver thanks for starting this thread. I too am considering buying the 94r and am curious about how it compares to other popular razors. I have used a lot of vintage Gillette DE's, EJ DE89, Merkur 34c and Maggard MR11 and experienced no issues like nicks, cuts or razor burns as long as I use a quality soap/cream. I only shave every other day and do not have a particularly heavy beard, so maybe I don't need the extra aggressiveness. Just curious. Mild or medium aggressive razors may be best for me. I think I'm more attracted to the handle than anything. Looks cool and somewhat different than the masses. 😎

Haven't gotten into any of the high end stainless/titanium razors yet as most of my funds are currently going to vintage Gillettes for nostalgia collectability.

Last edited:
@AusShaver thanks for starting this thread. I too am considering buying the 94r and am curious about how it compares to other popular razors. I have used a lot of vintage Gillette DE's, EJ DE89, Merkur 34c and Maggard MR11 and experienced no issues like nicks, cuts or razor burns as long as I use a quality soap/cream. I only shave every other day and do not have a particularly heavy beard, so maybe I don't need the extra aggressiveness. Just curious. Mild or medium aggressive razors may be best for me. I think I'm more attracted to the handle than anything. Looks cool and somewhat different than the masses. 😎

Haven't gotten into any of the high end stainless/titanium razors yet as most of my funds are currently going to vintage Gillettes for nostalgia collectability.
I have tried many different types of razors (about 45) including many double edge razors and the Parker 94r is one of my favorites. In fact, I would rate it in my top 3. It has a larger blade gap than most average razors which is nice. That gives you more choice of shaving angles to choose from. I love the razor and for the price you can't go wrong.

The Parker 94r is a fine razor with a unique handle. The way it is cut makes it easy to hold onto even with wet soapy hands.

94r.jpg

Top Bottom