What's new

Parker 87R

I like the aesthetics of that design. Especially if it has some actual heft to it. It also looks like in appearance at least, that it's ghosting the old Gillette Aristocrat razors of yore. Might have to add it to the wish list for next Christmas...

Hello,

One arrived in my mailbox today. First 3 pass head, face shave with Shark SC, Cella in shower was awesome!
Razor has very nice weight to it and fits like a glove in my hand (usually like longer handles).
Fit and finish was very good, much better than any other Parker I've seen.
Will post more details and pics soon. For the price this is a awesome razor.

Cheers
John

Hello,

One arrived in my mailbox today. First 3 pass head, face shave with Shark SC, Cella in shower was awesome!
Razor has very nice weight to it and fits like a glove in my hand (usually like longer handles).
Fit and finish was very good, much better than any other Parker I've seen.
Will post more details and pics soon. For the price this is a awesome razor.

Cheers
John

Update,

Four shaves with this razor so far and the results have been great. I think I would have to try to get a bad shave out of it.
Very, very smooth, weight is perfect (will put on scale when possibly) and construction is very good.

Blades used,
Shark Super Chrome
Gillette Sword (Indian)
Dorco ST-301
Personna Blue

All worked great, will try some sharper blades next GSB, Feather. This razor is not picky about blades.

Soap, I used Cella on all four shaves.

I bought from Amazon, fulfilled by Super Safety Razors (great vendor). Under $30 delivered you cant go wrong.

Cheers
John

$image.jpg
$image.jpg$image.jpg

Anyone know what it's made of?

I know that the handle is brass. I think the head is pot metal. Not sure though. It could also be brass, but I'm gonna go with brass hande and pot metal head. I ordered one myself. $29.00 free shipping

I've had parker razors in the past and they were pretty good. Aggressive, but very good. For those that have used this razor, how's the handle? does it provide a pretty good grip?

Hmmm, a poor man's Aristocrat? It does look sweet. Do you know how much it weighs? I would love to hear from some others that have used it.

How could I resist?

An all brass, nickel plated TTO DE razor for $29 shipped?

(shakes head at my enablers :)

Will let you know how it shaves!

Looks really nice and very similar to the high sought after Gillette aristocrats. If it shaves anything like or better than my 99R, I'll have to get one.

They claim "all brass frame". I may take it to work Monday and X-ray the handle , head and silo doors and compare results to see if Zamak or brass.

Cheers
John
The company leaders, in this case Howie Woda, US business partner to the company founder, have verified what I stated--all Parkers have brass handles and chrome over zamak heads. That's why the longer handled Parkers seem ever so slightly unbalanced, though one adapts with use. I'm a Parker fan, by the way, I have all three heads Parker makes--TTO, open comb, and straight bar--and my experience is that they are very solid devices. Highly recommended, particularly at the price point.

Last edited:
The company leaders, in this case Howie Woda, US business partner to the company founder, have verified what I stated--all Parkers have brass handles and chrome over zamak heads. That's why the longer handled Parkers seem ever so slightly unbalanced, though one adapts with use. I'm a Parker fan, by the way, I have all three heads Parker makes--TTO, open comb, and straight bar--and my experience is that they are very solid devices. Highly recommended, particularly at the price point.

I always appreciate knowing what I'm getting into when buying a new, modern day razor. Thank you for this information! If it is as efficient as my Parker A1R travel razor (which is a four piece razor, granted), I'll be very happy when I have the opportunity to purchase one.

Out of curiosity, when this is weighed next to one of the vintage Gillette Aristocrats that it resembles, how close are they in weight? Is this Parker as efficient as the 1930's Aristocrats, or even the 1940's version?

They claim "all brass frame". I may take it to work Monday and X-ray the handle , head and silo doors and compare results to see if Zamak or brass.

Cheers
John

I hope you still go ahead and x-ray your razor just to eliminate all doubt.

I believe the head is most likely zamak with a brass handle as well, but would love to know without a doubt. I really like my 99R. It's what got me hooked on DE shaving. The 87R is definitely on my next to buy list regardless of what the head is made of. Probably be the closest thing to a vintage English Gillette Aristocrat.

Could someone with one of the old Gillette Aristocrat razors and this razor post a picture of them side by side? Actually, does anyone own both?

Also, if Parker made this razor and one like it but open comb, I wonder how popular it would be? I know that I would have to have both...

Top Bottom