What's new

Parker 87R

Goodness! Epic fail there.

Yes, it is :(

I am in process of returning mine through amazon. Chances are I will not be buying another parker anytime soon. I think next up is either a fatip or maybe an ikon short comb head.

I've got two other Parkers that I am quite pleased with. I won't be purchasing future ones for the time being until there are more positive reviews as it looks like their QA has fallen back to their pre-2010 stages.

Parker TTO slant...How was packed that condition razor?

That's one of the craziest things about this situation. The actual razor box is in great condition with 0 creases. It gives no indication that the razor was damaged in transit which means that it was packed into the box at the factory in its current unusable condition.

I've got two other Parkers that I am quite pleased with. I won't be purchasing future ones for the time being until there are more positive reviews as it looks like their QA has fallen back to their pre-2010 stages.

This is the second time parker has done me wrong for products. The first was a badger brush that I got to use for a couple days (after spending the time defunking it) and the knot fell out. I decided to send it back as well. For me, I am done with parker unless I can see the product before buying it. I have zero trust and this is why they are a poor vendor. In their favor, I did have a 24C and that was ok but I traded it or sold it off because it was just not for my skin type.

Last edited:
My Parker 87R arrived out of whack too. The baseplate was warped, and the Silo Doors were screwed up. I hate sending things back through the mail, and it is a hassle for me anyway, so I contacted the seller, a vendor I have been buying from for three years, and he is sending me a new one. I don't even have to send the first one back. I did spend about an hour and a half working on the razor they sent me, and I think I mostly fixed it. The problem is I may end up being too afraid to try to use it. I don't want to scrape half my face off. Oh well, I'll hang on to it for a while anyway.

I received my 87R yesterday and I'm happy to report that it came to me with no problems. I shaved with it this morning and really enjoyed using it. I like just as much, if not more than, my 99R. Here's a picture comparing the 87R and 99R. Had to turn the flash off though. To much reflective chrome to get a good shot.
$20160126_094645.jpg

Hello, my new Parker 87R arrived yesterday. It was packed carefully in a box. The first one was in a bubble envelope, and I noted this to the vendor in my message to him. I think that is why they sent the new one in a box. But all the precautions they took, the razor is still not quite right. The head is slightly nodding. This leads me to the assumption that Parker has very lousy quality control. I don't know why the vendor didn't catch it when he inspected the razor prior to shipment. I don't think I'll be buying any more Parker razors any time soon.

I tried again today and found myself hunting for the angle and to be honest, the shave is not to my liking. Rescued the shave with one of my freshly cera-coated Gillette Slim adjustables from Delta Echo Razor Works. Ahh much better.

I did look at the build of this Parker...I might be tripping but the safety bar looks not to be straight across level.

At any rate...dust bin time for Mr 87R :laugh: - he was a failed experiment for me.

My 87R arrived the other day. I guess I got a good one. No apparent issues aside from a slightly lazy "wing"I can tell by feel that it weighs slightly more the my Aristocrats. The handle has diagonally etched lines along with a spiral for a nice barber pole look.
The shave was safe and mild, with the usual extra but of effort to get mostly BBS.
Too bad the QC makes purchasing one a gamble.

My 87R arrived the other day. I guess I got a good one. No apparent issues aside from a slightly lazy "wing"I can tell by feel that it weighs slightly more the my Aristocrats. The handle has diagonally etched lines along with a spiral for a nice barber pole look.
The shave was safe and mild, with the usual extra but of effort to get mostly BBS.
Too bad the QC makes purchasing one a gamble.

The first shave, mentioned above, was with two days' growth using a new Voskhod.
I had a second shave with the 87R this morning, this time taking off three days' growth with a new store brand Israeli Personna.
Very nice, comfortable and mild shave - BBS almost all over and near BBS in a few small spots. This was a very nice combination.

I bought this razor about 3 weeks ago, I really liked the way it looked. I have tried 10 different blades and I always get razor burn and the shave is not that close. I think this will be my last Parker.

I am currently using the Parker 87R, and Astra blades.

I just wanted to say that this razor delivers a BBS shave, with very little irritation.

The TTO works well, with no issues, and makes changing blades quick and easy.

This is by far the best razor in my collection.

Just thought I'd chime and say that I just received one for my birthday. Paired with the Shark blades it arrived with I performed a 3 pass shave that was smooth as silk. To me... It's mild but is efficient. I've since shaved with it 5 more times throughout last week and find that it provides a close non irritating shave. I'd have to try to cut myself with it. Mine arrived well built with no flaws that I could see. I have to shave everyday due to my job and have found that this razor could easily be a daily shaver with no problems. It's got a cool retro factor going as well! I call it a poor man's Aristocrat. :) For me.. It's a keeper. I read posts here more than post myself but I like it! :)

Well, sad to say, it arrived, and there the head is bent.

Not nearly as bad as the photo seen earlier, but definitely not entirely straight.

I've written to the seller, asking them to send a replacement and to double-check it before sending.

While on Ebay I noticed the "MC1197" by MEHAZ. It seems almost identical, in fact I prefer the lack of clown-hat on the handle, and it's about $10 cheaper.

Amazon reviews seem positive?

Wondering if I should have just asked for a refund and bought one of those instead...

Top Bottom