What's new

Parker 75 Pen & Pencil?

Is this the correct case for this Pen & Pencil set?

Attachments

• $Jan Acq 2.jpg
    $Jan Acq 2.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 132
  • $Jan Acq 3.jpg
    $Jan Acq 3.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 131
  • $Jan Acq 4.jpg
    $Jan Acq 4.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 131

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
As far as I know, yes. I have a pen only and its box looks similar. Underneath - pull the little tab up - there should be an adjustment tool for turning the nib relative to the three sided grip.

Beautiful looking set Ray Guy!

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
It does have the ring, but it looks like the tool is missing

I don't think you really need the little plastic tool, although I've never felt the need to change mine. It keeps your fingers from getting inky if you want to adjust while the pen is loaded.

I read the instructuions about adjusting without the tool, and made a minor change before I filled it with ink. It took a long time to write the water out. I can't stop writing with the 75. It's fantastic

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Do the "tassies" on the ends of the cap and barrel have indents or are they flat? Only the very early Cisele 75s had the flat ones!

The tassies are flat. There are engravings on the top tassies of the pen and pencil with the letters "Dn". This may devalue them a little, but I don't plan on selling them anytime soon.

I've got my Dad's 75 set that he used while working.
It has 3 pieces (BP, Pencil, FP).
I love writing with it.

You've got a very nice set there. Take care of it and it will serve you well.

I've got my Dad's 75 set that he used while working.
It has 3 pieces (BP, Pencil, FP).
I love writing with it.

You've got a very nice set there. Take care of it and it will serve you well.

Funny you should make this post.

A Parker 75 (in sterling silver like these) was my first really good fountain pen - bought for $32.50 while I went to university. I received the matching ball point and pencil as gifts and used them for many years. I passed this set along to one of my sons. I hope he too enjoys using it.

I bought my first 75, a sterling 75, for $17.50 back in 1974. It is my fav. I have 4 other 75's but the first is my fav. I did not get the BP, but did get a MP many years later.

Top Bottom