What's new

Parker 51 parts, Australia?

Legion

Staff member
I have this perfectly serviceable 51. In pretty good shape, actually. But it is missing the jewel on the end of the cap. It's silly, but it's the first thing I notice every time I look at the pen.

I can pick up a new one on ebay, but they are all in the US, and want $23AU for postage, on top of the price of the part. Seems ridiculous for something so small and light.

Is there a store out there that can sell me one without charging more for postage than the part?

If I can't find it, I'll just have to pony up the cash, because it being missing grinds my gears to the point I don't want to use the pen. I might be a little OCD.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
There was a member out here in Australia, Danny @RedDingo who was repairing Fountain Pens in his spare time. He has not been on for a little while. He may have some spare parts still laying about.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Two things come to mind:

1. Five Star Pens is one of the bigger vintage pen shops in the States and they appear to have the jewels you're looking for Parker 51 Parts - http://fivestarpens.com/parker-51-parts.html Contact them and maybe they can do better on the shipping charges.

2. I like to listen to the "Nib Section" podcast out of Australia. It is affiliated with the Fountain Pens Oceania group on Facebook. Connect with them, and probably someone can hook you up with a Parker parts source in Oz.

There is a Pen Parts Store on eBay Australia who has many spares including for Parker, certainly clips for 51s and the like.

I would give you a link but I think that is against the B and B Rules.

His prices seem reasonable, at least for Australia.

I have found that pen parts are often more expensive than a complete pen, you may find a better deal at things like car boot sales or flea markets.

eta, I presume that you have tried Melbourne Vintage Pens?

Legion

Staff member
There is a Pen Parts Store on eBay Australia who has many spares including for Parker, certainly clips for 51s and the like.

I would give you a link but I think that is against the B and B Rules.

His prices seem reasonable, at least for Australia.

I have found that pen parts are often more expensive than a complete pen, you may find a better deal at things like car boot sales or flea markets.

eta, I presume that you have tried Melbourne Vintage Pens?
I've sent them an email, waiting on a reply.

Links to ebay stores are not banned unless it is a live auction, but to be safe you could PM it to me, if you like.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
There used to be a fountain pen store down your way called "The Old Post Office" that I've dealt with several times. They have always been responsive to email queries but it's been a few years since I last dealt with them.

IIRC they are in Victoria.

I've sent them an email, waiting on a reply.

Links to ebay stores are not banned unless it is a live auction, but to be safe you could PM it to me, if you like.

PM sent as they are a store with active links, I couldn't see, specifically, a jewel, but as they everything else it is logical that they may have something suitable.

Top Bottom