What's new

Parfums de Marly Kaylan vs. Baccart Rouge 540

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
I have a sample of this that I sprayed on my wrist just to get an idea of what it smells like because I haven't tried since summer of last year. I also bought a sample of Baccarat Rouge 540 last summer and gave it to my daughter. When I tried the Kaylan tonight I thought to myself that it smelled like Baccarat Rouge 540. What do you guys think?

They definitely smell similary, but I love BR540 but hate Kalan. Go figure. Something about Kalan annoys me, but I'm not sure what it is.

There are common characteristics in the dry down but other than that they are entirely different. Kalan is very spice dominant while BR540 is more fruity and sweeter. Kalan also has lots of naturals which means its scent profile will vary from person to person. You have to wear it to know how it will work on you.

Kalan is also very potent, meaning that if you apply it too heavily it can become overwhelming. It performs best for me with a very light application. I use one spray from a distance. I've read that others will decant it into a roller ball applicator and apply just a dab to their pulse points. I want to try that.

Think of gas chromatography where if you apply too much sample you end up with one huge smear instead of individual peaks. With Kalan, less is definitely more. Applied lightly it is addictive.

Top Bottom