What's new

Paranoid much?

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Ruh roh...that would be false report, tampering with governmental records...etc., etc.

Don't go there.

I have been on a few “I thought it was a gun call” over the years. Nothing ever happened criminally to the RP for making an honest mistake. Unless you could prove the mistake wasn’t honest.

I’d call it fishy. I moved to a ranch home along the river in the county, literally with no neighbor within a mile. I do keep a loaded shotgun in the gun cabinet, because you just never know. About a year ago, I heard my front storm door open while I was shaving for work and the door handle jiggle. I walked out and seen the top of a guys head as the window on my door is somewhat high and that’s about all I could see. I grabbed my gun but by the time I came out all I caught was the guy getting into his dodge truck and taking off, driving through the yard but just a bit, and going like hell. Literally a surreal moment, and in a bit of shock, I called the sheriff and described what had happened along with the color, make and model of his truck. They caught the guy in town and he was charged with possession of marijuana and he gave the story that “his truck was having issues” and needed help.....BS!
There was nothing he could have been charged with as he didn’t break in officially. But he did get into it with his wife or girlfriend that night and was charged with domestic violence. In short, people are whacked no matter where you live. I own 3 cars and a truck and 3 of those four were in the drive.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I live one house from a corner and less than 250 feet from a major 4 lane highway. None of the three known instances lasted even 30 seconds. There is no way I'd have time to get a camera and out my door before they were gone.

Up here in Pig Knuckle Appalachia, most people are VERY hesitant to snoop around anyone’s property for whatever reason. It is common knowledge everybody is within arm’s reach of some kind of firearm.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Up here in Pig Knuckle Appalachia, most people are VERY hesitant to snoop around anyone’s property for whatever reason. It is common knowledge everybody is within arm’s reach of some kind of firearm.
Back in the late 50s early 60s I made several summer road trips throughout Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia and North Carolina mountain country. Back then US 29 was pretty much a two lane road and a sure place to find a motel as a base for side trips wherever it seemed interesting. Met some great folk and ate some great food and spent quite a few nights with really neat families who opened their homes to a punk kid from the city who was way lost and too dumb to know or care. Many a hill where I wasn't all that sure my 1950 Chevy was really gonna make the crest. Many a night on the road listening to WWVA after it went full power and I was on the right side of a hill.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
This kind of stuff is why I had a 6 foot wrought iron fence around my house and two 120 pound Rottweilers roaming around inside of it.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
This kind of stuff is why I had a 6 foot wrought iron fence around my house and two 120 pound Rottweilers roaming around inside of it.

That sounds comfy. All I have is a cat.

dsc_0005-2-jpg.892770

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
That's only just Grandma cat...but don't get her upset. Sic 'em, Granny.

She's famous...kinda sorta. She was an extra in the Pet Sematary movie, and also a secondary character in a novel.

DSC_0005 (2).JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom