What's new

Paradigm Titanium DE Razor.... $395!!??

Completely agree with above comments that everybody needs to decide for themselves.

As for my personal limits I would never consider a razor at USD 400. I think. At least not this one for sure.

BUT - Even as I thought my RAD for modern razors was dead on arrival, and I never thought I would cross that 100 dollar mark ... again (I did get an AS-D2 and that is completely worth its money to me) I find myself eyeing the upcoming REX AMBASSADOR adjustable coming out from Razoremporium... In photos that is a total stunner and I love adjustables. This will be offered at USD265 I think, and with the looks of that thing - if the reviews will be very positive - I would have to consider that down the line.

Right now I am over my limit of razor buys, but who's to say that the Rex couldn't be a great birthday gift from the missus sometime we're feeling rich... As I dig myself deeper into this DE RAD hole I have to admit my boundaries are moving...:blush::w00t:

I certainly would not pay that kind of money for a razor. I started DE shaving Jan of last year and have spent some money on some vintage razors of which I even gave and sold a couple to my friend and got him started. I even went overboard on soaps, AS's, a few vintage OS mugs and even went as far as buying a re-plated in gold Slim in my birth year at the cost of $125(which is about my limit on what I would spend on a nice razor). But there is no way I would spend 3 times that for a razor. It only looks okay to me but at close to $400 that is just insane to me. The AS-D2 is a more appealing razor to me and in my book that one is even overpriced. I even have my eye on a gold plated Futur and that is well under $100 and I just can't pull the trigger on it, but that might be because I love the Slim and just can't see have another adjustable. I even have a couple Techs and a OC that are feeling quite lonely.

I am totally with you on the Slim. I love my example dearly, my absolute favourite razor, and I currently have 2 more with CAP Murphy and Chris at Razorplate. Will get them back tuned up and replated, one in nickel, one in rhodium (the birth year one!).

As for the AS-D2 I really like mine a lot and use it a lot. It is built like a tank, extremely sturdy, and shave-qualitywise it is my best razor. But sometimes I can feel it is almost too perfect, I like my vintages (especially my adjustables) the best overall, I feel they have more 'soul' and the shave is great too.

Last edited:
Bargain.

$5 less than the OneBlade razor...

:117:

My thought exactly! There seems to be a market for these high cost razors. Too rich for me.

There are so many high quality vintage razors out there that can be had for a lot less. I used my 1954 SS Flair tip this morning with a Schick Platinum Plus blade. Excellent!

I'm interested to see a review for this razor though that's going to be difficult to find if nobody actually buys one.

I know that I won't be taking a chance on it myself at that price. I'm curious but certainly not $400 curious. Even with an exceptional review it would be incredibly difficult to talk me into that price tag.

I saw it. I read the price. I moved on.

Looks neat. Too lightweight for my taste. Not in my budget. For the ten minutes or so I spend shaving every day I can think of a couple of things that kind of money would bring me more satisfaction and enjoyment with right now.

I am interested in a titanium razor head some day. I don't think this one is it for me though. I read some reviews and it sounds more aggressive than I like.

It doesn't get my feathers ruffled that other people like it or have it.

I'm interested to see a review for this razor though that's going to be difficult to find if nobody actually buys one.

I know that I won't be taking a chance on it myself at that price. I'm curious but certainly not $400 curious. Even with an exceptional review it would be incredibly difficult to talk me into that price tag.

The razors sold out in only a couple of days and the reviews have been very good. That said, the next batch of Titanium razors is at least 6 months off. In the meantime, Andy is designing a stainless steel model due for release in late summer or early fall.

The razors sold out in only a couple of days and the reviews have been very good. That said, the next batch of Titanium razors is at least 6 months off. In the meantime, Andy is designing a stainless steel model due for release in late summer or early fall.

Phil, I'd be interested in a stainless steel model if the price were in line with what the other high end stainless steel razors seem to be going for.

If you have any control over it the other thing you might want to address is the packaging. I was watching a review from a well known YouTube reviewer and a picture of the Paradigm packaging started some comments about it not being on par with what you'd expect from a razor in that price range. I know some would say it doesn't matter as it's all about the razor but the Easter basket/shreaded paper style thing in a box isn't what you'd normally expect at the $400 mark.

Phil, I'd be interested in a stainless steel model if the price were in line with what the other high end stainless steel razors seem to be going for.

If you have any control over it the other thing you might want to address is the packaging. I was watching a review from a well known YouTube reviewer and a picture of the Paradigm packaging started some comments about it not being on par with what you'd expect from a razor in that price range. I know some would say it doesn't matter as it's all about the razor but the Easter basket/shreaded paper style thing in a box isn't what you'd normally expect at the $400 mark.

The funny thing about packaging is people will complain either way. When the OneBlade came out, several people complained about the fancy leather case arguing that they did not want to be paying extra for packaging. The packaging that we used is very similar to the packaging for the other high end titanium razor that is on the market. Its job is to protect the razor and it does it well. It also does so while being environmentally friendly.

Part of the issue is this is a small production run. Only 50 titanium razors were produced. Custom boxes generally require a minimum of around 1500 boxes. The minimum order for foam inserts is 300 inserts.

The next run will be larger and we will have foam inserts for subsequent batches.

The funny thing about packaging is people will complain either way. When the OneBlade came out, several people complained about the fancy leather case arguing that they did not want to be paying extra for packaging. The packaging that we used is very similar to the packaging for the other high end titanium razor that is on the market. Its job is to protect the razor and it does it well. It also does so while being environmentally friendly.

Part of the issue is this is a small production run. Only 50 titanium razors were produced. Custom boxes generally require a minimum of around 1500 boxes. The minimum order for foam inserts is 300 inserts.

The next run will be larger and we will have foam inserts for subsequent batches.

That makes complete sense, I totally get it now. Thanks for the clarification.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Looks a little like my EMIR Karl Engels from Solingen, only paid about €20 and shaves like a dream ... but it ain't Ti

full

I finally gave in and used my Paradigm razor last night with excellent results. The razor is aggressive yet smooth, a touch less aggressive than an R41. $395 is steep but for a first run titanium it was worth the cost to have one of the first batch. This razor will be in the Wolfman / BBS-1 category in no time.

Top Bottom