What's new

Paradigm Ti 2

Aside from the high price, any complaints about the razor? Any models to compare it to as far as how it shaves? Worth is subjective so yeah. I dont know if i would buy one but the opportunity may cause a knee jerk reaction and my wallet could get really light really fast.

Thanks

I am lucky enough to have the 17-4 and the Ti2. Both remarkable smooth shavers that shave very close. Price aside, recommended without hesitation or reservation.

Quality is remembered when price is forgotten. I have a preference for the Ti2 due to the fabulous hexagonal handle and the super manoeuvrable weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am lucky enough to have the 17-4 and the Ti2. Both remarkable smooth shavers that shave very close. Price aside, recommended without hesitation or reservation.

Quality is remembered when price is forgotten. I have a preference for the Ti2 due to the fabulous hexagonal handle and the super manoeuvrable weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like you, I have both the 17-4 and Ti2. It’s good to see someone else who likes that wonderful polished handle on the Ti2. It could possibly be the nicest handle that I have used.

Forget to mention that I will be looking for one of the parallel handled models when they are released.

The Ti2 for me is like a slightly milder version of the Paradigm 17-4. An exceptional combination of smoothness and efficiency. The handles are like art that has been inspired by architecture.

I reach for this razor often and I have it sitting next to others from Charcoal Goods and Wolfman as well as many other high end hard to get razors.

As far as what else it shaves like it's hard to say. More aggressive than a Timeless .68 and less aggressive than a Charcoal Good Lvl2 plate, but with some excellent efficiency. Very little to no blade feel but really excellent shaves. So think smooth while still being very efficient. Nothing else that I've tried is the exact same.

The workmanship is exceptional.

Mine is on the way. The killer for me was the freight. Something about it being an expensive razor. The international freight certainly made it expensive.

@Russrat i saw that. I think i'm going to wait for a SS model. Price is a little above my comfort level. Thing is, it has become one of my must have razors so who knows later down the road.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Bought one last night when they were released, stoked about it's arrival. Mildly surprised that there are some still on the site this morning.

Bought one last night when they were released, stoked about it's arrival. Mildly surprised that there are some still on the site this morning.
I am not surprised. With that criminal price I am more surprised someone is buying them at all. Even when one takes into account stainless steel razors the price is outrageous. I doubt they shave 7 times better than RR Mamba or Game Changer, which both are made with high precision.

It's a Titanium Razor not SS and if you look at all the Ti razors offered by companies that make them they are all priced above their SS priced razors. Timeless and Wolfman razors come to mind.
So does a BMW drive 7 tines better than a Chevy Malibu..no but it is a better built car and is a much better performing car with superior handling with better fit and finish as well as better quality interior/exterior materials.

I don't have the Paradigm Ti and I'm passing on this razor not because of price but because I've got this razor covered with the Paradigm SS 17 4 as far as the shave quality goes. I've owed a Mamba and sold it and I have shaved with the GC and both are ok shavers but they are not in the same league as any of the Paradigm razors in all areas. Both are part of the trending good value razors out there and I think that is a good thing for those that either can't afford or don't want to spend the money on premium Artisan razors like a Paradigm, Wolfman or Charcoal Goods razor for example. Look at the recent released Blackland Dart for example. A really good efficient shaver with a lot of blade feel and almost as efficient as it's more expensive brother the Blackbird but the fit and finish is definitely not as good and it's not quite as good a shaver in both smoothness and efficiency. So what a person chooses to pay for a razor is their choice in my opinon and it's all relative.
Great shaves!

This is spot on. Well said. To each according to his means and tastes. The 17-4 is an extraordinary razor; hence my decision to pull the trigger last night on the Ti II. If it disappoints, someone will make a great deal on BST.

It's a Titanium Razor not SS and if you look at all the Ti razors offered by companies that make them they are all priced above their SS priced razors. Timeless and Wolfman razors come to mind.
So does a BMW drive 7 tines better than a Chevy Malibu..no but it is a better built car and is a much better performing car with superior handling with better fit and finish as well as better quality interior/exterior materials.

I don't have the Paradigm Ti and I'm passing on this razor not because of price but because I've got this razor covered with the Paradigm SS 17 4 as far as the shave quality goes. I've owed a Mamba and sold it and I have shaved with the GC and both are ok shavers but they are not in the same league as any of the Paradigm razors in all areas. Both are part of the trending good value razors out there and I think that is a good thing for those that either can't afford or don't want to spend the money on premium Artisan razors like a Paradigm, Wolfman or Charcoal Goods razor for example. Look at the recent released Blackland Dart for example. A really good efficient shaver with a lot of blade feel and almost as efficient as it's more expensive brother the Blackbird but the fit and finish is definitely not as good and it's not quite as good a shaver in both smoothness and efficiency. So what a person chooses to pay for a razor is their choice in my opinon and it's all relative.
Great shaves!
I have to agree with everything you have said here. I don't own any Paradigm razor at all but have to say that the price tag on the Ti II made me gasp the 1st time I read it but still had wanted one. I did however find a Titanium Timeless .95 SB for a ridiculous price and it just happened to be the end all, end all RAD killer for me. The shaves I get from it are exceptional and way beyond what I've ever had from any other razor I've owned. I am not a guy that looks for BBS when I shave and for the most part feel its unnecessary and DFS is all I've felt I've needed. That was until I shaved with the Ti Timeless as every shave I have with it would seem that I am probably 98-99% BBS after each shave and will also mention that I was a 3-4 pass shaver with all my previous razors and now am a 2-2.5 pass shaver with the Ti Timeless!! I have no regrets for spending a little more on a quality piece of shaving gear and I'm sure in the long run I will have saved money overall as my RAD was cured with that purchase...

I owned both the 17-4 and the Ti2. Ended up selling the Ti2 as it was just too mild for me. Even with sharp blades I could make it worth it for me.

Build quality is only matched, or rivaled by Charcoal and wolfman. The handle was my favorite part of it.

my DE rotation is set but I am anxiously awaiting their ACSE razor. The prototype gave me the best shave of my life...

Bullgoose Shaving or the Paradigm website.

Each had 50 razors. Bullgoose is sold out. I don't believe they have made it to Paradigm website just yet, I could be wrong. Andy told me he was using a fulfillment service to handle his 50.

For those that missed out on Bullgoose, there may still be hope.

Well I am excited about the Ti 2 razor. Far less expensive than a BBS-1 or Tradere. I really like my 17-4 so I'm very optimistic about this one. Same story could be said about MDC and Proraso or a Chubby 3 and Omega boar, but and use what you like, I do.

Frivolous photo of an overly expensive, but loved razor.
20180715_061431.jpg
20180715_061431.jpg

Top Bottom