What's new

Paradigm SE or Asylum Rx?

For those who have, or have used, both of these beauties, how do they compare? I have an Rx and am very happy with it. Looking at a Paradigm now, but do you think it would be more of the same or game charger?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Hi,

I do prefer the Paradigm because is smoother than the Asylum RX, and give incredible shaves. When I’m using the Asylum, I have to load it with a Kai mild blade, otherwise I have to pay a lot of attention.

Working on this question now but throwing the Blackbird Vector and the King Cobra to the race. The RX is a closer shave, maybe too close even with the Kai Mild blades. I don't like the Hanksh of the Paradigm SE as much as I do all of the other ones. Both great razors, personal preference as always

Just did a Shave Off using the RX and a Paradigm over in the DE section under he thread World Shave Off Showdown.it's on the last page.
For me the RX is the top dog when it comes to SE razors and my personal favorite as of right now.
Thanks
I read this thread and it certainly got me thinking. Now, i generally shave 3 times a week and using the Rx full time may be overkill for me, but an Rx/Paradigm/Paradigm rotation over a 7 day cycle could work......

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I tried both.
After paradigm se - I sold my wolfman, blackbird and paradigm 17-4. Will be selling my oneblade. Returned vector.
There is nothing as smooth, efficient and absolute joy to use.
Btw I sold my rx and cobra within a week.

I have never tried the RX and purely because I have heard it is very very efficient and requires a very light touch. I have a light beard and irritation is always an issue with overly aggressive razors for me.
I have both the Vector and the Paradigm razors and love both of them! If I had to pick one to keep and never turn around, it would be the Paradigm. It produces irritation free shaves and very efficiently!

The RX is a great razor. I got to spend a solid week with one and a Feather Pro. Might not be the smoothest out there, not my first choice when it comes to AC SEs (out of what I’ve tried so far, I prefer the smoothness of the Brass General), and does require some in-shave attention, but it’s supremely well built, reasonably nimble, could easily be a daily shaver, and gives great shaves every time.

Have not tried the Paradigm yet.

of all the SE I own , both ATT, Vector and most GEMS and 4 injectors, I feel my Paradigm SE is the best of the lot. I wish i could find a 17/4 though. My favorite DE is the Blackland Jet Black special edition in OC and it needs a buddie, ive given up on getting a Wolfman and im sure they are beautiful but no way im paying Ebay prices.

ive given up on getting a Wolfman
I won a Wolfman .86 open comb in a raffle. I spent $80 or $100 on the spots. It is incredibly beautiful and an excellent shaver, but I prefer my Timeless .95 open comb. Recently, I got an ATT SE2, my first single edge, and suddenly the temptation to turn that Wolfman into $500 was too strong to resist. In short, they are great razors, near the top for DE's, and they are amazingly well made and finished, but there are a few better options for a lot less cash. Now, I think that what's left of that $500 is going to go towards a Blackland Vector.

The Paradigm is ultra smooth, comfortable, and quite efficient; whereas the Asylum is noticeably more aggressive and more efficient. The Asylum reminds me of the 2011 R41.

I just don't get the philosophy of only releasing 105 razors!! I can understand not wanting to make 500 / 1000 and probably have to sit on them for a while while they sell but I don't think Phil took a bath on the original RX and did sell all that was made. There will probably be a bunch listed on the auction site and in the BST a few days after release for double the price if not more... Truly a shame...

Have you seen that a new RX is on the way? Phil H. says it will be a bit milder.
I was all set to purchase the RX but
When read the spec's the short handle
Was a definite deal breaker, I made
Peace with the weird way top-cap &
Base plate connect.If only they offered a
Handle option.I have large hands and
Suffer from arthritis.

Top Bottom