What's new

Paradigm Salient 316?

Paradigm has never engraved their name on any of their razors... As far as WCS and being transparent, history shows with the past releases of CG designed razors that they were all Mfg'd in China so I don't understand why everyone is so bent because he never disclosed it in the description!! The price alone told me it was Mfg'd in China...
My $70 Merica and $60 Western Razor are made in the USA

Imagine coming to a thread just to say: Im NOT buying this razor.
Is this some sort of weird attention-seeking flex?
A little grace would not be out of place here.

Im buying it because I think we should encourage talented razor
makers to stay in business. The razor may be made in china and
the really low price from the maker of the legendary Paradigm
reflects the provenance.
Why is it people can't have their own opinion on an open forum? I'm not buying it because of the dishonest business practices Andy has!! That's probably the real reason he couldn't get an American Mfg'r to make his razors and forced him off shore...

For me it’s a change from the design, aesthetics, and brand that attracted me to Paradigm. All of the former razors if I saw one, I knew it was Paradigm. This one I can’t tell what it is, but I know it isn’t appealing to me.

I really enjoyed and supported the old brand and razors.

As far as the made in China, it is true I prefer a North American or European made products.

As I’ve always said, I can only spend my money, not anyone else’s.

Last edited:
I was really excited when I saw the email, because I thought that Paradigm was out for good. Then I saw the razor and where it was made and well, that was unexpected.

Yet neither one of those are CG designed razors so why even bring them up?
I brought up those razors because we were discussing prices USA VS China. CG designed would matter if the new Liberty razor by ECS was made in America or Canada.

Any Chinese maker could and probably have coped CG designs.

Bullgoose will tell that their Shield (Boti) razors are made in China. Two messages to WCS for country of origin fo the American Liberty have been ignored.

I was waiting to see when someone would bring that up and was not disappointed.

There are always two sides to a story and I heard what the bullgoose owner said.
I did not hear Paradigm's account and quite frankly I don't care.

Im in this for good razors...all business has shenanigans going on...I leave all
that out of my decision making process...if it turns out that a razor has been
brought to market under egregious proceedings such as engaging child labour
(eg. the shoe with a swoosh), then I would be moved to not buy. Otherwise,
I don't care (needs to be said twice).
I like good things, no borders

I was waiting to see when someone would bring that up and was not disappointed.

There are always two sides to a story and I heard what the bullgoose owner said.
I did not hear Paradigm's account and quite frankly I don't care.

Im in this for good razors...all business has shenanigans going on...I leave all
that out of my decision making process...if it turns out that a razor has been
brought to market under egregious proceedings such as engaging child labour
(eg. the shoe with a swoosh), then I would be moved to not buy. Otherwise,
I don't care (needs to be said twice).
There was 2 sides to the story and it was all documented over on DFS.... He could make the best product in the world but if he lies and gets caught like he did over the transaction with Phil he doesn't deserve my money or anyone else's in my opinion!!

Already sold out!! I'm sure as usual there was only 100 of them made to drive up secondary sales... I can only imagine the BST's are gonna be busy in the coming weeks with people cashing in!!

What I find funny, is that Yaqi and other Chinese brands are offering polished razors for half the price. The owner of Paradigm razors claims that he wasn't able to find a single machine shop in both Canada and the US that could produce 100 only razor at a reasonable price. When I saw this my reaction was like - what in the hell?

The irony is that his design is probably being copied already because IP is never safe in that
part of the world.

Top Bottom