What's new

Paradigm Salient 316?

lasta

Blade Biter
The irony is that his design is probably being copied already because IP is never safe in that
part of the world.
Looks a lot like the DS-OR that supposedly came out in April.

Not sure if DS is copying, or Paradigm picking from an existing catalogue.
20230518_113221.jpg
20230518_113303.jpg

What I find funny, is that Yaqi and other Chinese brands are offering polished razors for half the price. The owner of Paradigm razors claims that he wasn't able to find a single machine shop in both Canada and the US that could produce 100 only razor at a reasonable price. When I saw this my reaction was like - what in the hell?
He can't get a North American Mfg'r because he's a financial mess after he tried to bilk Bullgoose out of 10K last year!! His reputation took a major knock for being so dishonest. I give big kudo's for Phil calling him out after being caught in lie after lie...

What I find funny, is that Yaqi and other Chinese brands are offering polished razors for half the price. The owner of Paradigm razors claims that he wasn't able to find a single machine shop in both Canada and the US that could produce 100 only razor at a reasonable price. When I saw this my reaction was like - what in the hell?
Obviously U S made High Proof razor is skeletal in design but I give them credit for sending me a silver blemished for $69 and I could not find one defect.

So it would seem that Paradigm oversold razors and have sent out emails asking if people would like to wait minimum of 2 weeks for a razor or a refund.... That's one way of raising capitol to make razors!! I remember a Canadian Mfg'r that did that in the past and it didn't go so well for him at all. Lost a lot of customers because of it.

By my estimation razors, (if he even had any on hand when they went on sale), should start showing up in the next day or two...

:popc:

I ordered mine before the 12pm release time that was announced and I never got a shipping email. I figure that I must have been one of the first ones to buy one since most people were probably waiting for 12pm.

I ordered mine before the 12pm release time that was announced and I never got a shipping email. I figure that I must have been one of the first ones to buy one since most people were probably waiting for 12pm.
So you haven't received a shipping notice yet? What's it been 4-5 working days and no shipping yet?

I was looking at the Salient a couple days ago while browsing. To me it looks pretty generic and overpriced. Definitely not like the older Paradigm's! I do buy certain Chinese things but a $120 razor seems a little steep.
The Aylsworth Kopperkant sells for $99 and is also made in China. To me it seems like a more compelling design.
Regardless I will be following this thread to see how people like it!

Last edited:
Top Bottom