What's new

Paper straws suck!

IMG_8528.JPG
IMG_8529.JPG
Got a nice iced coffee this morning with the latest *earth friendly* paper straw.

The straw totally failed, could not get liquid through it, not 10 minutes into the coffee on my commute.

You will notice the beverage itself is served in a nice, big PLASTIC cup.

What a farce.

But hey, you are saving the environment and the wildlife on the planet! In California they sell Marijuana in stores and smuggle in straws! I read that somewhere and thought that was pretty funny!

Mike

Haha. My grandma used to give us paper straws when I was a kid. They were white with colored stripes kind of like a barber pole.

Kinda funny how old things come around again :a54:

I find it amazing that we ban plastic straws, but not that insane plastic packaging that has to be cut apart with a utility knife just to get to the goods.

Maybe they’ll ban disposable razors next!
:p

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Buy a stainless steel straw and tell them to not include a straw?

Maybe just keep it in your car and use it when you need it?

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I always toss this George Carlin quote out there anytime I can.

The plant has been around for over 4 billion years. The planet is fine...we are screwed!

I love his bit about the planet and environmentalists and plastic.

I always toss this George Carlin quote out there anytime I can.

The plant has been around for over 4 billion years. The planet is fine...we are screwed!

I love his bit about the planet and environmentalists and plastic.

When he suggests the planet evolved us in order to create plastics which it loves cracked me up.

More than 50% of The Great Pacific Garbage Patch is made up of discarded fishing line. I just want to enjoy a nice, cold Coke with a straw that doesn't collapse or need to be washed out for re-use. Is that asking too much?

A plastic straw wouldn't work either with that kink in it. It needs a bendy section if you're going to bend it.
dave

A plastic straw wouldn't work either with that kink in it. It needs a bendy section if you're going to bend it.
dave

I didn’t bend it. It collapsed after some liquid passed through it and the place where you poke it through the lid pinched it off. Not to mention giving the ice a swirl produced damage below the “water line”. Pathetic.

The world can go up in flames for all I care if I don’t get my morning coffee.

Top Bottom