What's new

Panzermeister Dave's Models.

Just trying to come up with other dinner options! 😁 View attachment 1225024
So little Gizmo was just to small for me to eat! But many months latter he makes a great model! 😁
20210327_142003.jpg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Here he is last Fall I believe. He follows me around, looking for opportunities to scare me. I think he likes it when I swear at him! My son rescued him at my mom in law's barn within days of me being terminated from a job that was killing me and draining my soul at the same time. So he brings this kitten home, who's mother we had reason to believe had died, who was the ONLY survivor of the litter, whom I had to bottle feed for 4 weeks. He stole my heart, and I think we saved each other's lives. He would have these "silent" screams he would make at me all the while I fed him, just plain feral. He bites me (without breaking the skin, usually) when he wants to be let out. Just a truly worthless little varment except for his mousing abilities. But I have no doubt that I owe him my life. He just cracks me up. He comes running when I call him; even from hunting out in the back Forty! Better than any dog I have ever trained. But he looks at me like he can't decide if he wants me to pet him, or eat me for lunch! He reminds me of the stories of my uncle's returning from WW2, and how my dad said you couldn't shake their shoulder to wake them up; you shook their feet, or you got punched in the nose.

So if we are leaving the house, I will call to him, and he may wake up and get off my bed, or not. If not, I try to gently push on the mattress to wake him up. Then I carry him to the door.

So don't let a cat adopt you; they then own your soul and run the house!
4821.jpg

Here he is last Fall I believe. He follows me around, looking for opportunities to scare me. I think he likes it when I swear at him! My son rescued him at my mom in law's barn within days of me being terminated from a job that was killing me and draining my soul at the same time. So he brings this kitten home, who's mother we had reason to believe had died, who was the ONLY survivor of the litter, whom I had to bottle feed for 4 weeks. He stole my heart, and I think we saved each other's lives. He would have these "silent" screams he would make at me all the while I fed him, just plain feral. He bites me (without breaking the skin, usually) when he wants to be let out. Just a truly worthless little varment except for his mousing abilities. But I have no doubt that I owe him my life. He just cracks me up. He comes running when I call him; even from hunting out in the back Forty! Better than any dog I have ever trained. But he looks at me like he can't decide if he wants me to pet him, or eat me for lunch! He reminds me of the stories of my uncle's returning from WW2, and how my dad said you couldn't shake their shoulder to wake them up; you shook their feet, or you got punched in the nose.

So if we are leaving the house, I will call to him, and he may wake up and get off my bed, or not. If not, I try to gently push on the mattress to wake him up. Then I carry him to the door.

So don't let a cat adopt you; they then own your soul and run the house! View attachment 1243196
Gizmo wakes me up every morning between 6 and 7. His brother Buster[the tuxedo cat] comes with him. But Gizmo jumps on my chest and goes "meow!meow!" Then he jumps right off. If I don't get up right away, he keeps doing it until I get up. This is the only time he does the 2 syllable meow. But he still has this little baby kitten meow. It is just so cute! Both kittens are very affectionate. I got them when they were only 5 weeks old. A friend of mine found the litter of 6 in his driveway. He thought the mother abandoned them. She is a stray. But she showed up latter. I can rub their bellies,grap their tails . But they get into everything. But know they will leave me alone if I am working on models at least most of the time. Cat hair and model paint just don't mix! But, I show them who's boss! One time I treated myself to some filet mignon. They tried to beg me. They tried looking cute and make their little meows. But I was the alpha male! I stood my ground! I told them that there is no stinkin way they are getting any of my steak!..........So....... anyhow I cut them each several little bit size pieces. :rolleyes: And they loved it. Anyhow, thanks for sharing your photo.

I have a few more to do. But now it is getting ready to rain all of a sudden. Florida weather! I swear, there were no cloud in sight.:mad2:View attachment 1225410View attachment 1225411View attachment 1225414
So I finally finished the Dragonslayer model! The nameplate and figure are done. I took some updated photos with my new phone. These are the same photos that I posted on my ETSY sight. If anyone would like to see updated photos on my sight, just go to the ETSY sight and type in davesmodelstudio. It has a feature were you can magnify the view. Right now I am still working on the T 34 and Stug IV. I also started a model of the Sherman tank from the movie Fury. I am going to put that on a diorama and light it up to make it look like the main gun is firing! Some new territory for me for sure. Anyhow thank you guys for the nice comments on my work, and here are the new photos of "Dragonslayer". Have a great day! :tank:
20210414_161901.jpg
20210414_161933.jpg
20210414_162116.jpg
20210414_162104.jpg
20210414_161955.jpg
20210414_162014.jpg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
So I finally finished the Dragonslayer model! The nameplate and figure are done. I took some updated photos with my new phone. These are the same photos that I posted on my ETSY sight. If anyone would like to see updated photos on my sight, just go to the ETSY sight and type in davesmodelstudio. It has a feature were you can magnify the view. Right now I am still working on the T 34 and Stug IV. I also started a model of the Sherman tank from the movie Fury. I am going to put that on a diorama and light it up to make it look like the main gun is firing! Some new territory for me for sure. Anyhow thank you guys for the nice comments on my work, and here are the new photos of "Dragonslayer". Have a great day! :tank: View attachment 1259701View attachment 1259702View attachment 1259704View attachment 1259705View attachment 1259707View attachment 1259709
That is really just phenomenally well done werk my friend! REALLY impressive.

The eyes are a window to the soul, and your artistry really showed off the eyes, on both dragon and slayer. Bravo!

The eyes are a window to the soul, and your artistry really showed off the eyes, on both dragon and slayer. Bravo!
Thanks everyone for the compliments and likes. Farmer Tan, I think you must be my biggest fan. Anytime I post new photos, you post comments very quickly. Anyhow, I made a comment that I am trying to sell my work on ETSY. So Dave's Model Studio now has a assistant. Here are some photos of him hard at work. His job is to guard the model boxes. 😁

Thanks for the compliments. Anyhow, I mentioned that I am trying to sell some of my work on ETSY. So Dave's Model Studio has a new assistant. Here our photos of him hard at work guarding one of the model boxes. 😁
20210501_212635.jpg
20210501_211238.jpg

Thanks everyone for the compliments and likes. Farmer Tan, I think you must be my biggest fan. Anytime I post new photos, you post comments very quickly. Anyhow, I made a comment that I am trying to sell my work on ETSY. So Dave's Model Studio now has a assistant. Here are some photos of him hard at work. His job is to guard the model boxes. 😁

Thanks for the compliments. Anyhow, I mentioned that I am trying to sell some of my work on ETSY. So Dave's Model Studio has a new assistant. Here our photos of him hard at work guarding one of the model boxes. 😁 View attachment 1261063View attachment 1261064
Good news and bad news for Dave's Model Studio. I sold my first tank model on ETSY! ......But I had to fire my helper Gizmo! He was trying to eat the model parts! They say that you should never hire family. But his brother Buster was kind enough to step in and add his paw to a photo for scale reference. Anyhow, Some new photos of a mini diorama with a Panzer II, a Russian T-34, my Sherman tank that sold, and photo of my new helper Buster taking a break from all his hard work! Enjoy! :tank:
20210519_173444.jpg
20210519_173512.jpg
20210519_173611.jpg
20210519_173658.jpg
20210418_115503.jpg
20210519_194119.jpg

Good news and bad news for Dave's Model Studio. I sold my first tank model on ETSY! ......But I had to fire my helper Gizmo! He was trying to eat the model parts! They say that you should never hire family. But his brother Buster was kind enough to step in and add his paw to a photo for scale reference. Anyhow, Some new photos of a mini diorama with a Panzer II, a Russian T-34, my Sherman tank that sold, and photo of my new helper Buster taking a break from all his hard work! Enjoy! :tank: View attachment 1269200View attachment 1269201View attachment 1269202View attachment 1269203View attachment 1269204View attachment 1269206
Thanks Farmer Tan. My bad! I forgot the T-34 photos. Here they are.
20210516_094648.jpg
20210516_094712.jpg
20210516_094728.jpg
20210516_094741.jpg
20210516_094830.jpg

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member

Really nice.

When I was a kid, I was really "into" making models for several years. Almost all WWII era ... that was my interest, as well as the bulk of what was available. I was, however, too impatient to bother with much of that "painting the pieces" nonsense ... just slap it together and on to the next one! (I did try painting my first-ever model after assembly ... with watercolours. The results were ... interesting, but better than one might fear.)

Toward the end of my run with model making, and after I really got into reading the Hornblower books, I did an H.M.S. Bounty model that I actually took my time with and painted in the appropriate order and all that. And all the string for rigging.

1621962185132.png

Like that one.

I even did one actual-wood wooden ship ... an 18th Century French ship of the line. That was a lot of fun work.

... then I got into golf.

Really nice.

When I was a kid, I was really "into" making models for several years. Almost all WWII era ... that was my interest, as well as the bulk of what was available. I was, however, too impatient to bother with much of that "painting the pieces" nonsense ... just slap it together and on to the next one! (I did try painting my first-ever model after assembly ... with watercolours. The results were ... interesting, but better than one might fear.)

Toward the end of my run with model making, and after I really got into reading the Hornblower books, I did an H.M.S. Bounty model that I actually took my time with and painted in the appropriate order and all that. And all the string for rigging.

View attachment 1271893

Like that one.

I even did one actual-wood wooden ship ... an 18th Century French ship of the line. That was a lot of fun work.

... then I got into golf.
Wow! I have a lot of respect for ship modelers. I don't think I would ever be able to deal with all that rigging! Beautiful model sir.

I guess people like my work. Someone bought this T-34 off of my ETSY sight. I just finished it not to long ago. The little 1/48 Sherman tank sold last month. That makes me happy that some people want to buy my "art". :001_smile But I am still upset that I had to fire my helper because he tried to eat the model parts. I may have to have Big Nurse come cheer me up!😜:eek2:

Top Bottom