What's new

Panzermeister Dave's Models.

1DDC34D8-D89D-4FCD-A5BB-0D0BB1F28B50.jpeg
My neighbor today with one of our kittens- I was outside polishing my shoes after reading a thread here on missing getting dressed up for work during shelter in place.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Gentleman:
In combat, it's has been said that the Panzer IV had the perfect combination of speed, agility, firepower (75mm main gun),
and reliability.
Shoulder Shrug.jpg

proxy.php
"If the tanks succeed, then victory follows". Generaloberst (Colonel General), Heinz Guderian

Nice model. I don’t think that I would have the patience to sit and do one these days.
Yes, it does require a lot of time and patience. Especially with some of the new techniques that I am trying. But the work is broken up into many stages due to paint drying times and such. But to me it is very fun and relaxing. Especially when combined with some good beer! :wink2:

EXCELLENT job my friend! Beautiful.
Thank you sir for your compliments. And to @shm for your like. I am going to try to post some photos of the projects that I am working on tomorrow to show what I have done so far. I still got a lot of work to do. The tracks, airbrush fading[Makes the paint, have that sun bleached blotchy look],paint chipping,detail painting and dirt effects. I like my tank models just like I like my women. Kind of dirty! :wink2:

Very nice. You are one talented guy.

Many years ago I got into building tall ships. I would go down to what was then the South Street Seaport in NYC and buy a wooden model ship kit. Back in those days before it became a tourist trap, there was a model shop in one of the stores. There was a very talented model maker who would give you advice and hints. I found it therapeutic and most of the ships would take several months to complete.

Very nice. You are one talented guy.

Many years ago I got into building tall ships. I would go down to what was then the South Street Seaport in NYC and buy a wooden model ship kit. Back in those days before it became a tourist trap, there was a model shop in one of the stores. There was a very talented model maker who would give you advice and hints. I found it therapeutic and most of the ships would take several months to complete.
A lot of people think that I have patience to do models. But I have great respect for wooden ship modelers! I may try a simple one at some point. Maybe a Viking ship. I am also just getting back into figures as well. I have not done any figures since about 1984! I was pretty good. But there are some real masters out there. I just finished a dragon slayer figure that goes with my Dragonslayer kit. I have already posted photos of the dragon. Anyhow, here it is. Not to bad for my first one in decades. It is very hard for me to do a 2 inch tall figure. My hands are not as steady as they used to be. Eyesight not as good. As you can see the eyes are off. I did not notice this until the blown up photo. I should have had a few stiff drinks before! 😁 :rolleyes:
20210324_024949.jpg
20210324_024910.jpg
20210324_024841.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you sir for your compliments. And to @shm for your like. I am going to try to post some photos of the projects that I am working on tomorrow to show what I have done so far. I still got a lot of work to do. The tracks, airbrush fading[Makes the paint, have that sun bleached blotchy look],paint chipping,detail painting and dirt effects. I like my tank models just like I like my women. Kind of dirty! :wink2:
Some photos of of my T 34 and Stug IV. I have a lot more work to do on them.
20210324_223834.jpg
20210324_224101.jpg
20210324_224040.jpg

Some may wonder why I don't have any tanks like the M1 Abrams or the Tiger or Panther tanks. It is because I got back into the hobby in 2019, after being away from it so long. I don't have anything from my old collection. I learned some new techniques. So I wanted to practice on other tanks before moving on to my favorites.
Anyhow, please meet Heidi[WW2 German Panzer IV] and a Panzer II light tank from the North Africa theater.View attachment 1225434View attachment 1225436View attachment 1225438View attachment 1225441View attachment 1225443View attachment 1225444View attachment 1225445View attachment 1225447

Top Bottom